Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior is the funniest when it comes to tanking bosses.

For spamming heroics, a paladin is the best choice. Pure faceroll, with only mana as a concern.

DKs are actually quite hard to tank as, runes on cooldown combined with retarded, ninjapulling DPS will be a real challenge. Though, if you go as blood, you have zero downtime outside of dungeons. Pure faceroll there.

Druids, well, as said, SWIPESWIPESWIPE.
    Vol'jin fanboy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mattepatte View Post
    Paladin - Suffer great pain from mana management all the way into outland but enjoy having done 50% of all damage done at all times.

Warrior - The most fun, best mobility by far, AOE tanking as a warrior IS NOT HARD, shield block is awesome.

Druid - swipeswipeswipeswipeswipeswipeswipeswipeswipeswipe.

DK - Enjoy taking the most damage in dungeons due to lacking a block mechanic, enjoy being able to do jack shit whenever someone ninjapulls and runes and D&D are on cooldown.
    Pretty dead on. Random dungeons didn't exist when I leveled my paladin, but leveling prot from 58 on was ridiculously easy. Druid you can get away with a hybrid spec, because dungeon grinding swipe x infinity rotation gets old. Currently leveling both a warrior and DK tank-warrior is much more fun to tank than my paly was due to having more options at lower levels and not having to drink more than the healers. The DK I don't tank with pug healers because he just gets rocked, but the rotation is simple and if you know a good healer go for it, its a different experience.
    Last edited by Aerikaya; 2010-07-20 at 01:40 PM. Reason: spelling
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

Well.. depends on endgame and if you wanna do it now or when CATA is there. For now Paladin for faceroll threat, Warrior if you like the challange or Druid for nice AoE threat and early crit-immuminity (to make it abnormal easy for the healer).

I level em all.. and found Druid and Warrior more fun when leveling in Dungeons after about level 30 (when rage get's better if there are more guys trying to crack your skull).

so for heroics when a warrior is thunderclap,tab,revenge,cleave,revenge...that isn't faceroll? derp.

warrior has more tricks they can pull off but don't always need to, but are nice to have
    pally has less tricks but pretty fun

never had a druid or dk so I don't know about those classes.

Deleted
    The faceroll part of paladin tanking is that you don't even need to tab. Consecration and HotR all hit multiple targets, are have crazy threat. For low levels, consecration alone is enough.

I leveled a warrior via dungeon finder and I haven't looked back.
    Soviet Russia was merely a setback!

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

Basically, Warrior and Druid Tanking till around 40 is a bitch.
    For Paladins, it starts getting annoying at around lvl 40-50, because you'll notice how annoying it is to manage your mana.

But overall, if you want to do your healers a favour roll warrior, healing druids is a lot harder than warriors, because they can't block.

1. Warriors
    2. Paladin / Druid

IMO

EDIT: Forgot that Paladin Tanking up to around 40 is basically Consecrate -> Judge -> Consecrate -> Judge and so on, but it's not as bad as people make it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie View Post
    so for heroics when a warrior is thunderclap,tab,revenge,cleave,revenge...that isn't faceroll? derp.
    If you can tank with just that, gratz to you...

I also use shield slam, shockwave, rend (sigh), heroic strike, etc...

As soon as you are able to charge around like a 5 year old kid on speed, warriors get REALLY FUN! Charge, thunderclap, OH SNAP! THERES A CASTER! CRAP NO DEATHGRIP! intercept, shield slam, back to mobs thunderclap.
    Fin
    Edit: let me also add, that regardless of what you level, a tank is a good choice, they are in high demand, and your dungeon ques will be all of 3.28 seconds assuming you aren't playing at 4 am.
    Last edited by Blacklisted; 2010-07-20 at 02:14 PM.

Have one of each tank now so here is my input on it:

Warrior: Was quite a while ago i did this. NOt being able to charge in defensive stance is a pain but if you keep rolling(while watching healers mana) you can keep rage between pulls. When you do run out of rage just go battle stance, charge in for the rage and hit defensive stance again.

Druid: Very easy, you get crit imunuty from talents which is a nice bonus(all tanks will get this in cata though). Rage was painful at the low levels. Spec into anything that will generate more rage/make abilities cost less rage. Farie fie will be your friend, no rage cost and large amount of threat. Just that on its on can hold threat against average dps at the low levels. Glyph of maul will also be a great help, only get this though when you find your self with enough rage to use maul regularly.

Paldin: One of the eaisest with high aoe threat and some nice utility. Unless you like to drink constantly tank as ret(i would still go sword/board but you can get away with 2hander if you have a hierloom healer) intitially and spec for seal of command ASAP. Glpyh this so it will return mana, this combined with sensable use of consecrate and you shouldnt oom. By this i mean use it at the start of the pull, then only use it again while you are good for mana and the mobs arent already nearly dead. You are unlikely to be fighting for threat so using it on CD is not neccesary. Do not spec back to prot before you are able to get blessing of sanctuary, even with that though you will be having to carefully manage your mana(or drink a lot) till you get divine plea at 71(i think, could be later so may want to check). If you do choose to go ret i would say change back to prot for the surviabilty some where in the 50-58 range(ie before you tank outlands).

Dk: By the time you get out of the starting zone(you have to quest intially as a dk) you will liekly be 58, or close too. Personally i would recomend then questing to 60(it really wont take long) so you get death and decay. You can get by with out it using blood boil but i found that to be kinda crappy. As for spec i went frost then subseced initially to unholy for the reduced cooldown on D&D. Howling blast and D&D make your sustained and burst threat nice and easy. Blood is also perfectly viable, just lacking slightly in snap agro. I cant coment on unholy as ive never tanked in it but it definately seems to the least popular tanking tree.

sure there is a lot I forgot to include but if there is anything glaring i think of will update later.
    Last edited by Stormtov; 2010-07-20 at 02:15 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior all the way.

I've leveled quite a few warriors through LFD and let me say, if you do your homework you'll have so much fun. In Heirloom gear, and the BiS blue's I could get through quests/LFD/Instances, I was 90% of the time taking 95%+ of all incoming damage, I was dealing usually 60-75% of the group damage, and if my healer was geared and specced right, I could chain pull to a boss, mana up, repeat.

Warrior tanking is a thing of beauty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandush View Post
    head cut off? just a setback!