Thread: Complete idiots

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Maybe the Shaman was building an off spec? I have been resto MS for a little bit (since Naxx) and the best I could come up with is Pulsing Spellshield. Shriveled Heart seems to be the item in question. Personally, I'd have needed it myself. I know that shields are much better for Shamans, but ya gotta take what you can get.

OT: Probably the guy that starts a thread, writes half a book and puts an On-Topic question at the end? Either that or a person that complains when their needed item isn't won by them. Gawd, it's like crying to the world when you don't win the lottery...

The Shriveled Heart actually has all the stats a resto Shaman would want: SP, Haste and Crit, and it even doesn't have any useless spirit on it. Shamans are not mean to only use a shield. We use what is best that we can equip/use. I know it sucks that you lost it, but that is how it goes.

Deleted
    To be perfectly honest I find it very hard to understand why you value an off-hand that can be very easily replaced so highly? How many situations will arise the tiny boost from one off-hand will have given you the 300 hp you needed to save that one tank or that one raid member? Just relax and see how much you can heal in the gear you have! The new random LFGs lead these kinda of situations to arise, its best just to distance yourself from them rather than nerd-raging every other heroic!

Sure, a shield would be better for his resto/elemental off spec but there isn't a 232 shield in heroic Icc's and the stats on the Shriveled Heart are really good for both specs.

Wow.... 3% on the scorpion? My mate plays a DK and has been going for that thing basically since ICC launched and hasn't won it, despite seeing it go to other players - it sucks, I know.

If I were a shammy, I wouldn't consider using a 232 off hand over a 213 shield. Or even a 200 shield.

Edit: LOLGEARSCORE

Quote Originally Posted by Teffi View Post
    If I were a shammy, I wouldn't consider using a 232 off hand over a 213 shield. Or even a 200 shield.

It has nothing to do with GS, but rather to do with stats, and the stats on the SH are way better than the stats on the shield that drops from normal PoS.

Try losing Needle Encrusted Scorpion to a ret paladin... then you'll feel like raging.
    Just another random troll.

I just hate terrible tanks that will pull when their healer has like 4% mana left and after they die blame the healer....

Freaking idiots...

That and DK's that roll on spell power plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
    It has nothing to do with GS, but rather to do with stats, and the stats on the SH are way better than the stats on the shield that drops from normal PoS.
    By that logic, warriors should be taking any and all leather with any stat increase from rogues and druids.

In future I advise saying "Only really here for the offhand, hope it drops" or words to that effect. This makes everyone aware that you want it without them inspecting you. It also ensures that they are aware of their decision to hit need and therefore NINJA the item - most people will not ninja if you are a decent honest person and run without cursing and swearing or letting ppl die.

Quote Originally Posted by 4liv3 View Post
    On-topic: What's the dumbest thing you ever seen another player do in this god forsaken game?
    Writing threads on forums like this thinking people really care about this.

You have no more rights than anyone else in your group to receive an item. Tehy did the same isntance as you and want to improve their characters as much as you do. To make sure you get the loot you need you could

a) go with friends (though I doubt anyone would stick around you long enough to bear the whine)
    b) ask in advance if people are interested in that item and try to convince them in a nice way (not a whiny one) that they actually do not roll need (tricky though)
    c) you have some patience with new players and explain them on how to trade items properly.

Honestly if you only appear half as whiny when grouping/raiding as you do here then I'd not pass to you either.

Myrddin,Stormforged, EU-Ravencrest
    Website: mmo-game.eu,YouTube: myrddinde, Twitter: @MyrddinDE

I had the same thing happen to me while I was leveling in the mid 70's. A DK kept telling me "I can't trade this item", then as soon as the instance was over, he insta left. Grit your teeth and move on, Blizzard has kind of emphasized loot whoring with all the new things they've put in place.

Loot has become almost worthless, and when loot becomes an effortless joke, MMO's fail.

Even though the end game has been almost completed shat on, WoW is still the best out there atm. Which isn't saying much for MMO's right now.

By that logic, warriors should be taking any and all leather with any stat increase from rogues and druids.
    Since there is no leather at ilevel 200 or higher that has Strength on it, your logic isn't really logic, it's just trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by killzwitch View Post
    In future I advise saying "Only really here for the offhand, hope it drops" or words to that effect. This makes everyone aware that you want it without them inspecting you. It also ensures that they are aware of their decision to hit need and therefore NINJA the item - most people will not ninja if you are a decent honest person and run without cursing and swearing or letting ppl die.
    I would just say straight out that you're there for item X, Y, or Z. Don't try to be subtle. Some (most) people are too dense for subtlety, and others find comments like "oh I hope X, Y, or Z drops!" slightly irritating, or akin to a whiny kid.

All things considered: this is WoW. It is generally safe to assume that 1 or more people in your group will always either be an idiot, or a douchebag.

---------- Post added 2010-07-20 at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Primaryjane View Post
    Since there is no leather at ilevel 200 or higher that has Strength on it, your logic isn't really logic, it's just trolling.
    I was simply illustrating the absurdity. Ok, all hunters should be taking leather from druids and rogues on a daily basis. Shamans too!

Deleted

I just had to make an account on here to tell you how retarded you are. The SH offhand has EXACTLY the stats that resto shammies need: Int, crit, haste and SP. A shaman would have to know nothing about his spec to not take that offhand over a crappier shield (for pve).

And saying that shamans cant roll on offhands because they can use shields is like saying resto druids, moonkins and ele shamans cant roll on cloth simply because they can use leather/mail. Armor is useless for anyone but tanks in pve yaknow.

Upgrades are upgrades....

Wheres the "vote down" button?

I know the shaman wasn't elemental/restoration, but assuming he was needing the item for that set: http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...00:85:77:62:35

It is quite easy to see that Shriveled Heart comes out ahead of the only shield that is obtainable outside of raiding, and since the shield and held in off hand are both stat sticks it really doesn't make any difference unless you can convince me somehow that armor is a healing/dps stat. Good luck with that one. I think the only valid argument you have is that the shaman wasn't elem/restor not that shamans can use shields.

post count increased by 1 wooohoo

Okay...so if you mean the dumbest thing that I saw in WoW, then this following story corresponds. But, if you mean the dumbest thing that made you angry, this does not correspond to the post. I'm kind of confused.

So, was looking in LFG channel for a group/run for SFK (because LFG tool wasn't out yet). Got a message from a level 80 shaman saying "I'll run you for free". What an offer! I reply:
    "Wow, thanks dude."
    him: "Now where is SFK again?"
    me: "umm...In Silverpine Forest. Just come to me"
    He gets there, looking bad ass with his full tier 7.5 gear, all ilvl 213 or higher (3.0.8). We go in, and I notice he's elemental spec. Also, that he's meleeing the mobs down, barely using any spells.
    me: "You should probably use magma totem to AoE those mobs down"
    him: "What? Oh right..."
    And he continues to melee them.
    me: "This run will go x times faster with that magma totem"
    silence
    So I learn to forget about it. I end up acting like an idiot myself and accidently pulling a pack of mobs. It takes him a couple seconds to try and save me. I die, no worries. I don't care. He can rez me. WRONG.
    me: "Hey, could you res me?"
    him: "No, I don't think I have that spell"
    me: "O_O, All shamans have a rez spell, go to your spell book. Now, look in the restoration tab. That's where the spell will be."
    him: "Not seeing it dude"
    me: "trust me, it's there..."
    After 5 minutes of him searching
    me: "I'll just go ahead and run back."
    I then think up reasons as to why this person could not know what a magma totem, or not know he had ancestral spirit. Ebay? I interrogate him about Ebay. I'm curious and want this run to go quicker. Because now it's been an hour, and we haven't reached the stables yet.

In the end: I never really found out if he bought his character. After he left though, I found a group for SFK. More experience for your character and you.