Thread: DPS for 10 ICC

Red face DPS for 10 ICC

Ok I took a 4 month break from this game and decided to xfer for the summer to play with my friends back at home. I just reacctivated and I did 25TOC last night and pulled about 5.1k DPS @5200 GS. Is the sufficient for 10ICC?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Short answer: Yes.

Slightly longer answer: Yes... if folks will let you in. Lots of folks recently seem to want only 6+gs Kingslayers in their raids to carry them...

I would, however, suggest checking out at least a quick description of the fights: they're not difficult, but knowing what you're supposed to be doing is a huge help.

Oh. yes. definitely. Youll be missing some buffs that you had due to 25men versus 10men, but that shouldnt be too big of a deal.
    5k+ should get you into most raids, 5.2k+ I believe should be fine for ICC25.

And Doc is right. Also tell them you know up to 2 wings of fights, since thats what most pugs do these days.

You should be fine if you can play your class. Although finding 9 or 24 other people in similar gear that can play there class is difficult unless you're in a solid guild.

If you pug it all your progression will look like this 5000-5500 first 6/12 10m, 6/12 25m. 5500-5800 8/12 10m, 6/12 25m. 5800 - 6000 11/12, 10/12 25m. 6000+ 12/12 10, 11/12 25m. I'm not saying it's impossible to do more with less gear, but when you pug with random people it's hard to judge who knows what there doing and even harder to work together with people you don't know at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can do 5k without the 25% buff then you will do fine. Learn the strats and you'll be alright.

My jaw still drops when I see people pulling 3k with the 25%... They usually sit right behind me while tanking.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

Depending on your class you should be able to reach (and I mean top out) 7k~ in TOC25 at that level of gear... Unless you're horribly itemized.

That being said, your dps will be fine for ICC10, though it could be slightly better, it is not required to have "amazing" dps. Knowing mechanics and doing what you're supposed to is more important. Once you're actually in a raid, people tend to care more about if you actually switched to adds, stood out of fire and listened to others, etc. (Unless you're in a raid that e-peens over trash dps)

Also if you havn't played much or at all for a long period your DPS will be lower due to the fact your rotation isn't muscle memory anymore. Once you can do your rotation without looking at your action bars for what is off CD, how much rage/energy/mana you have left and watching your buff bar for procs you will find your DPS is better and alot smoother.

Your DPS will be fine now with the 30% buff. It will put you at about 6.5k or so (too lazy tod o the math for you). As you progress through ICC you will get upgrades too that will be a nice DPS jump too. Do your research and get itemised how you should and you will be fine in ICC 10/25.

Final note:

As the above posters have said, do your research. It is more important to know what to do in a fight than to do nice DPS at the start then kissing the floor when a mechanic of the fight spanks you silly.