Thread: ICC10 videos

ICC10 videos

Alright, I do have to say that I watched the Tankspot fights on ICC10, besides the 2 wings (Well, I watched Putricide just to understand it better)

Honestly, what I dont understand, is if EVERYONE knows the fight, why is it so hard? The only fight that I dont understand at the moment are the princes, others seem relatively easy (LK seems fairly easy too from what I've seen)

Is this the point of the videos, to make it look easy? :/
    Because the way they handled the fight made it look like they have LK on farm, which most guilds dont (not directed at the guilds that have HICC25 on farm)

for Dream, looks like its more of a heals and dps job than anything else.
    for princes, seems like its a bit more focus on the tanks
    for bql, seemed fairly straight forward I guess..idk. need to watch bql and princes again
    for sindy, they said it was like PoS in the sense that you get iceblocked away from the raid, and use the ice block as a saronite like in PoS again.
    for LK, seemed like tanks job was positioning more so than anything.

In theory seems easy, in the fight, are those bosses (especially the last two) the hardest we have seen in WotLK?

Not trying to say that ICC10 is ezmodelol but if the videos make it out to be lolezmode and in reality its far from it :/

It is the videos. I thought the fights up through crimson wing would be easy. but going through plague wing we kept getting hit in the face by the ooze kiting. We finally were able to down him after 3 weeks of wiping. now were wiping on putricide. I think its all about repetition. So if you and your guild/group of friends are discouraged. just remember that practice makes perfect.
    live hard and die free

icc10 is pretty jokes with 30% buff

when we aren't trying to carry new people for some gear we end up killing 11/12 hardmodes then LK normal with no wipes in like 2 hours. 277gear + raidbuff is just too much.

but going through plague wing we kept getting hit in the face by the ooze kiting. We finally were able to down him after 3 weeks of wiping.
    what? how the hell can you wipe to ooze kiting. I don't even see how someone can wipe on that fight due to ooze kiting even on heroic mode. you just hit the damned ooze then run in a circle and ask for freedom if you got stuck in slime (which doesn't even snare you in normal mode)

LK normal mode is pretty jokes now since the biggest difficulties of the fight were made irrelivant by the buff. those being soulreaver (needing to tank swap), falling behind on valk damage or raging spirits in transition 2, and the vile spirits in p3 (the OT can just soak them all no problem). In addition if the LK is dying faster you spend less time in each phase giving someone less opportunity to fck up.

if you position the boss correctly and no one screws up defile you win.
    Last edited by patrins; 2010-07-24 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by patrins View Post
    what? how the hell can you wipe to ooze kiting. I don't even see how someone can wipe on that fight due to ooze kiting even on heroic mode. you just hit the damned ooze then run in a circle and ask for freedom if you got stuck in slime (which doesn't even snare you in normal mode)
    quite simple actually. By not raiding enough to get used to it. we were getting a lot of are trouble by having multiple big oozes up at a time. Once we got the technique down. it was easy. Sorry for not being a pro like you. =/
    live hard and die free

having multiple big oozes up has nothing to do with your kiter failing. that happens when the players in your raid act like idiots.

if someone cant see the debuff on them (DBM yells at you and plays a sound) and run over to the big ooze right away then you should probably not bring them to your raids.

Fights look easy on a video because you're just watching a video and not doing anything. Doing a fight is completely different from watching a fight. And as for the videos where it 'looks like they have Lich King (assuming you mean heroic) on farm,' they often do not. It's just that a kill must be perfect. Therefor, a video is going to look like a perfect kill. A lot of guilds that have killed Lich King on heroic struggle to repeat that performance, because it's a brutal fight.

Fights like Rotface are easy for most people, but for an inexperienced raider, can still roll them until they get better at it. ICC10 is hilariously easy for experienced raiders, but a real pain for brand new raiders.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2010-07-25 at 06:41 AM.

It was a tankspot guide, tanks perspective iirc, 10 normal. Which I assume they have on farm.
    And I'm sure that if you asked Midwinter (my servers top guild) they could probably do it. I mean, their core group can down HLk25, chances are they can do it again yaknow?