Return to the Eye of Eternity

In the Eye of Eternity room in the Caverns of Time, Chromie is waiting for you. If you talk to her, she says...

Chromie: “Are you ready to try it again?”
    Player interaction - “Chromie, what are you talking about?”
    Chromie: “Oh geeze, I thought you had....well, you know me. I tend to lose track of when I am. I should explain. We made a hasty and terrible decision killing Malygos. If we are to have any hope in defeating Neltharion, we need Malygos’ help. We need the strength of all the aspects and with Alexstraza captured, there is little hope as there is. I’ll open a gate that will allow us to undo the wrongs we have wrought. Your past selves cannot see you as you are, so I will be disguising you. It is vitally important that you just subdue your past selves, do not kill them. Unfortunately, we cannot alter the memory of the red drakes. For our plan to work, they must die. You must hold Malygos’ attention while I channel the spell which will bring him to your present time. Once there, we have others ready to subdue him.”

Each player gets a Warp Grip item, which allows them to successfully jump from one dragon to another. Pets will automatically jump to the dragon of whatever their target is. They are also given a Figure of the Bronze Dragonflight, which will call a dragon for the players to ride on. While riding on a dragon, players have all the capabilities they normally have, but when they move, the dragon they are riding moves instead, as thought they are mounted. Players are also disguised as a random race of the opposing faction.

When someone begins the encounter, the platform disappears and we see the NPCs identical to players who are currently in the raid, wearing T7 gear, riding red dragons fighting Malygos as we did in Wrath. Chromie will be there in her dragon form as well. Players should all be mounted on their dragons when the encounter begins and have both items on their bars.

Malygos: “What is this? Now the Bronze Dragonflight conspires against me as well? Has the entire world gone mad?”
    Chromie begins channeling a spell on Malygos.
    Chromie: Careful heroes! Malygos seems to be absorbing the power of my spell. This is going to take longer than we originally thought!

Phase 1:

Tanks
    At this point, Malygos firing bolts of energy everywhere, dealing massive damage to the raid. The tank will need to use his Warp Grip to jump to Malygos’ head. While on Malygos’ head, the player can attack him, but cannot move. They can call their dragon to pick them up at any time. Malygos will stop casting bolts, but will violently swat at the tank with his wings, dealing damage and stacking a debuff which increases damage received and the chance that Malygos’ attacks will knock the player off. When the tank is knocked off, the secondary tank needs to take his place while the first calls his dragon (to not fall to his death) and wait for the stacks to fall off.

Melee
    DPS will be dealing with NPC players and their dragons. The only way to melee attack an enemy is to use Warp Grip to jump onto the enemy dragon, similar to the fight near Thorim’s throne in Storm Peaks. Melee needs to attack the NPC players in order to knock them off of their dragon. Doing melee damage to the NPC player won’t kill them, but will eventually knock them off the dragon. The NPC will be retrieved by a bronze dragon and safely taken away. The NPC players can be damaged by ranged attacks and easily killed. If for any reason an NPC player dies, their real player counterpart dies as well and cannot be brought back to life for the duration of the encounter. Once the player is knocked off, the melee can attack the dragon in order to kill it, but if the player is on the dragon when it dies, the player will fall to his death. A player should call their bronze dragon before that happens. Only one player can be mounted on an enemy drake at a given time.
    Melee will also have to worry about the Red Dragons occasionally casting Flame Shield, which will deal exponentially greater damage over time to any player who continues to ride that drake. If a drake uses this, melee should either jump to another red drake, or call their bronze one.

Ranged

The primary job for ranged DPS is to kill the red dragons once the Player NPC is knocked off and there are no actual players riding the drake. Ranged can move about freely on their drakes during this phase, but will have to occasionally avoid attacks from the Red drakes. The drakes use two attacks. One is a ball of fire which explodes when it reaches its destination. The other is a beam of fire which does greater damage the longer it is stayed in. Red drakes also cast healing dots, which should be dispelled.

Healers

Healers job this phase is very simple. Avoid the fire attacks from the red drakes, same as above. Keep players in range and keep an eye on tanks. The damage that Malygos does to the tank increases with every Red Drake that falls.

Once all of the red drakes are dead, phase 2 begins.

Phase 2
    The current tank is knocked off of Malygos and he is no longer target-able.
    Malygos: “NO MORE! I refuse to be toyed with any longer! This will be your end!
    Chromie: “I can’t... no....the spell has allowed him to take all of my power. We need to get away now!
    Malygos begins casting a spell.
    Chromie: Jump to my back, quick!

Players have five seconds to use their Warp Grip to jump onto Chromie’s back, where they can walk around freely. After the five seconds, Malygos unleashes a spell which kills all of the bronze drakes and anyone riding them. Chromie begins flying away at ridiculous speeds. With Malygos chasing her.

Chromie: Uhh....I don’t know what to do! Oh my..... give me time to think! Protect me while I come up with a plan!

At this point Malygos catches up to Chromie and flies alongside her, slowly rotating around her. He becomes target-able again. Various parts of Chromie’s body also becomes target-able, including her head, left wing, right wing, back, and tail. Players can use Warp Grip to get to any of these parts of her body, but are only able to move while on her back. At this time, Arcane Worm will begin to spawn on Malygos’ body. Melee should can Warp Grip them and damage them. After 15 seconds, the Arcane Worm will be shot off of Malygos’ body and impale themselves into one of Chromie’s body parts. Once they are impaled, they cannot be Warp Gripped and take 90% less damage from all sources. Any melee who were attacking the Worm before it left Malygos will continue to stay in the same spot until they Warp back to Chromie, or to another Worm.
    Once a Worm is impaled into Chromie, it will begin to inject a stacking dot into that body part every 4 seconds. It stacks infinitely and will lose one stack every 10 seconds. At this point, they can only be killed by ranged DPS unless they are on the back, in which case they can be attacked by anyone, however they are far harder to kill once they leave Malygos, so melee should deal as much damage as possible to them before they launch.
    Healers need to worry about Chromie during this phase, as the raid won’t be taking any actual damage. The problem is, in order to heal a part of Chromie’s body, you must currently be riding that part of it. Warp Grip to the specific part to heal it. Healers should be assigned to take care of specific body parts, switching only briefly to help others who are behind.
    The Worms spawn rate increases as the fight continues, overwhelming the healers if they aren’t taken care of. If a single part of Chromie is brought to 0 health, she falls through the nether, killing the raid in the process. This phase lasts for 6 minutes, getting more and more intense. After 6 minutes, phase 3 begins.

Phase 3
    The worms stop spawning, though the ones that have already launched still need to be killed.
    Chromie: This isn’t looking good! I can’t think of anything! I don’t know what to do...
    Malygos: Your strength comes from your experience, but what if I were to wipe that all out? What if I were to remove everything you ever knew? All knowledge of your loved ones, all of your accomplishments gone! An even more suitable punishment than death.
    Chromie: Thats it!
    Chromie stops flying away, flies backward a bit to where Malygos just was and faces him.
    Chromie: Malygos! You have no such power!

Malygos quickly charges a beam and fires it. Chromie opens a rift in time to when she was in front and Malygos was behind, effectively switching places with Malygos, who is impacted by his own beam.

Malygos: What is this? I.....

Chromie then sends Malygos to the present. She opens another rift, from which the original platform of Eye of Eternity reforms itself.

Chromie: No time to hesitate heroes, you must kill me. Alexstraza is coming to witness the death of Malygos. If she does not see it happen, she will continue to pursue him until he is dead. We need him alive. I will put on his appearance. COME NOW!

Chromie turns into Malygos and attacks the raid. Soon after, Alexstraza appears. This phase is identicle to the old Malygos encounter’s first phase, but it will continue until Chromie is defeated.

Alexstraza: I did what I had to, brother. You gave me no alternative.
    Alexstraza: This resolution pains me deeply, but the destruction - the monumental loss of life - had to end. Regardless of Malygos's recent transgressions, I will mourn his loss. He was once a guardian, a protector. This day, one of the world's mightiest, has fallen.

Alexstraza will leave the EoE and a Bronze dragon appears.

Gendormu: Malygos was successfully sent to your present time. His descent to madness seems to have been erased from his memory, in addition to every event since then. He has been saved. We are one step closer to defeating Deathwing. Chromie’s fate is yet uncertain. We may be able to save her, but only time will tell.

Is this a fan fic?
    Every foul deed leaves a stain on this world and despite the sins of weaker men there will always be someone left to clean up their mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Is this an idea, or is it actually in game?
    If its ingame... thats just epic.

Or this is the worlds most succesful troll and made a fake encounter.
    Every foul deed leaves a stain on this world and despite the sins of weaker men there will always be someone left to clean up their mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Is this an idea, or is it actually in game?
    Sorry, no, written for fun. I like writing "what if" wow encounters. Not suggesting this go in the game or whatever, but I didn't post it in the Cataclysm forums cause its just what I hope is a fun read.

Quote Originally Posted by Onisuofdreams View Post
    Sorry, no, written for fun. I like writing "what if" wow encounters. Not suggesting this go in the game or whatever, but I didn't post it in the Cataclysm forums cause its just what I hope is a fun read.
    I am so disappointed put this in suggestion forums. Also email developers :P

This idea is wrought out AMAZINGLY well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a wish of his.... However, they can always just pull the, "Just a setback" card and bring Maly back.....

Very well written. A good read indeed.

"Watch your clever mouth, bitch!" - Garrosh speaking to Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by jditto View Post
    I think it's a wish of his.... However, they can always just pull the, "Just a setback" card and bring Maly back.....
    I just like to idea of going back in time to fight yourself. Not a shadow of you or a copy of you, but actually try to undo your old work.

---------- Post added 2010-07-21 at 12:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsus_Faol View Post
    I am so disappointed put this in suggestion forums. Also email developers :P

This idea is wrought out AMAZINGLY well.
    I can't claim that I was the first person to think of all the things I post, but a number of ideas I've written and posted before have shown up months later in the game. Example: One phase of a fight I wrote during Wrath Beta consisted of players healing an NPC object rather than DPSing a boss, kinda like Valithera =P
    Last edited by Onisuofdreams; 2010-07-21 at 12:35 AM.

Haha certainly interesting if it were to happen. Cept you can't kill off chromie !

Cool

I approve this idea
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

For great justice

15+ Year Old Account
    This is coliding with everything the Bronze Dragonflight stands for. The titan Amom Thul gave a portion of his powers to Nozdormu spesificly to police time. The bronze dragonflight dont care much about the world above, their prime mission is to keep the line in timeline.

So no, i dont see this happening. And if Chromie and the dragonflight did this Nozdormu would simply undo it. Undoing a time travel for Nozdormu does not even require Nozdormu to be present.

It sounds fun but lorewise the Bronze Dragonflight could never pull this off seeing Nozdormu is the master of time and would stop it even before the idea existed.

However i could be wrong, because with this logic Broxigar would never harm Sargeras.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    This is coliding with everything the Bronze Dragonflight stands for. The titan Amom Thul gave a portion of his powers to Nozdormu spesificly to police time. The bronze dragonflight dont care much about the world above, their prime mission is to keep the line in timeline.

So no, i dont see this happening. And if Chromie and the dragonflight did this Nozdormu would simply undo it. Undoing a time travel for Nozdormu does not even require Nozdormu to be present.

It sounds fun but lorewise the Bronze Dragonflight could never pull this off seeing Nozdormu is the master of time and would stop it even before the idea existed.

However i could be wrong, because with this logic Broxigar would never harm Sargeras.
    Indeed, there is a number of things wrong here, but we still don't know whats up with Nozdormu and the Infinite dragonflight though, so who knows.

Despite the flaws in the story mechanics, I hope you enjoyed the idea of the fight itself. =D

Nice idea, but it probably will not be implemented the masses dont understand how to use vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by The bearer of truths View Post
    Nice idea, but it probably will not be implemented the masses dont understand how to use vehicles.
    That's kind of the point. These aren't vehicles like the original EoE. The dragons that you ride in this don't affect your abilities. Think of it as though you can DPS while on your flying mount. That's pretty much all there is to it. Otherwise, you are just dodging fire in 3D.
    Last edited by Onisuofdreams; 2010-07-21 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Double Post

This sounds awesome. From a story standpoint, it may be a step towards the Infinite Dragonflight, as more and more Bronze Dragons consider using their powers for the 'better'.
    God damn those casuals and their utter refusal to ever complain as much as the so-called hardcores.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigawolf1 View Post
    This sounds awesome. From a story standpoint, it may be a step towards the Infinite Dragonflight, as more and more Bronze Dragons consider using their powers for the 'better'.
    Wow. That's actually a brilliant idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Deleted
    I died a little inside when I saw this was not an actual fight ingame... :[