Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Release of The Shattering corresponds with Cata release?

09/27/10
    http://catalog.simonandschuster.com/...nd=warcraft&a=

The shattering is a prelude to cata so from that we can assume there is only a matter of weeks until cataclysm is actually released itself.

Except that they're nowhere near completed Beta?

assumptions like that make you appear retarded,

Quote Originally Posted by Sinope777 View Post
    assumptions like that make you appear retarded,
    As do comments like this when your post count is just in it's infancy.

Sorry but I dont pay attention to anyone with a post count of below 100

I suppose you mean that Cataclysm will be out a few weeks after The Shattering, which comes out in late October, right?

That might be the intention, but Cataclysm has no set release date yet, and alot of thing can go wrong in the next 5 months, so for all we know it could be months after this book.

But lets not forget that The Rise of the Lich King wasn't release till after WotLK had been, so there needn't be any connection between the two in terms of release.

Off-topic: God I'm glad that Christie Golden is writing this, I feared we'd have an entire expansion based on Knaack's books alone..

15+ Year Old Account
    On Sale: 10/19/10

It's a way off. It'll be November like a lot of us think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyron View Post
    Off-topic: God I'm glad that Christie Golden is writing this, I feared we'd have an entire expansion based on Knaack's books alone..
    I don't know, man. I hated her Lich King book, was a tremendous step down from Rise of the Horde, I thought.

I hope the Shattering is filled with less romance crap. I understand it was Arthas and his story...but still.

Anyways, I digress. October 19th is all I can find for the book. A couple weeks, that might equal November like some of us think.
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2010-07-20 at 11:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    damn that's a pretty long time i'm thinking mid October early November

Quote Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
    Sorry but I dont pay attention to anyone with a post count of below 100
    my post count is above 100 and i believe you are quite stupid.
    Gear = Skill, didn't you guys get the memo?

15+ Year Old Account
    Rise of the Lich King released before Wotlk.

By almost 6 months.

Just sayin.

Edit: AND I have over 100 posts :3

Edit 2: I fail at counting. 7 months before wotlk exactly.
    Last edited by seam; 2010-07-20 at 11:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    how is he stupid it's possible

Quote Originally Posted by Teestala View Post
    my post count is above 100 and i believe you are quite stupid.
    And I believe you are attempting to insult me to increase your own personal oppinion of yourself because when you were young your mommy didnt hug you enough. Now run along and troll elsewhere because unlike you I like to keep my threads on topic.

can we have a post count war?

Oh wait. My post count is too low you probably didn't hear me =(

Sadly,i don't think there is any corelations existing between the release date of the book, and the release date of the game. Try to listen to others for once. You seem to be rather entitled to your own opinion, which is retarde. Be open-minded, man.

~I'm french, expect shitty grammar~

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Rise of the Lich King released before Wotlk.

By almost 6 months.

Just sayin.

Edit: AND I have over 100 posts :3

Edit 2: I fail at counting. 7 months before wotlk exactly.
    Do you mean AFTER WoTLK? WoTLK was released November 13, 2008; Arthas: Rise of the Lich King was released April 21, 2009. Learn some math there, champ.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

Quote Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
    09/27/10
    http://catalog.simonandschuster.com/...nd=warcraft&a=

The shattering is a prelude to cata so from that we can assume there is only a matter of weeks until cataclysm is actually released itself.
    Amazon, Digital Catalog and WoWWiki all have the release date marked as October 19th, 2010. That's a more believable date for your theory.
    EDIT: Digital Catalog says it's released on September 27th, but goes on sale, on October 19th. I find that puzzling.
    Last edited by Kalserrar; 2010-07-20 at 11:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I don't know, man. I hated her Lich King book, was a tremendous step down from Rise of the Horde, I thought.

I hope the Shattering is filled with less romance crap. I understand it was Arthas and his story...but still.
    The book is a novelization of Warcraft III. There wasn't much she could move to in the first place.

That's why the other Christie Golden books are better, since she can write whatever she wants (following the plot given by Metzen, of course).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buttspawn View Post
    Do you mean AFTER WoTLK? WoTLK was released November 13, 2008; Arthas: Rise of the Lich King was released April 21, 2009. Learn some math there, champ.
    I apologize for forgetting the year something came out. Please forgive me Mr. Perfect memory.

Regardless it still proves my point.

Quote Originally Posted by evrazin View Post
    Sadly,i don't think there is any corelations existing between the release date of the book, and the release date of the game. Try to listen to others for once. You seem to be rather entitled to your own opinion, which is retarde. Be open-minded, man.
    Im open minded bro, I just take it upon myself to insult people who have insulted me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    On Sale: 10/19/10

Anyways, I digress. October 19th is all I can find for the book. A couple weeks, that might equal November like some of us think.
    Yeah, Rise of the Lich King wasn't her best work, but to be fair she didn't really have free reigns on that one, since she had to write the story we already played through in WC III. Still better than most of Knaack's work though. And it looks like this book will be about Thrall and Garrosh, and we all know orcs is her area of expertise

Also ITT: People flexing E-peens, thinking thier opinion is better than everyone else's because they've trolled longer.

---------- Post added 2010-07-20 at 11:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    I apologize for forgetting the year something came out. Please forgive me Mr. Perfect memory.

Regardless it still proves my point.
    Soooo, you're all in for correction someone else, but can't take being corrected yourself? Alright, that seems fair.