So I got a SC2 beta invite recently...

Aaaand then the beta went down two days later. Unless it went down on the 19th, I didn't try that day, but I'm just going to assume it went down today, on the 20th.

Seriously, Blizzard?

Did anyone else get this? Frankly I thought it was weird they were still sending out invites at all, a week before the game's release--I didn't even know it was still up at the time, let alone actively sending out invites! But really, TWO DAYS? Is this what I have to look forward to with the Cataclysm beta, seriously?

Beta went down the 19th XD my friend on wow got the beta invite the 18th and was only played for a few hours XD

Quote Originally Posted by Rowrin View Post
    Beta went down the 19th XD my friend on wow got the beta invite the 18th and was only played for a few hours XD
    Oh, balls. My love for even numbers has failed me. Oh well, 19th it is.

Still, what bullshit D: lol

Same thing happened to me. Got my beta key for SC2 the night of July 18th, downloaded it the morning of the 19th and by the time i could log on they had closed them. After reading the email it says "Join us for the final weekend of testing!" I am guessing they meant to send them out friday and sent them out late?

Well it may not be exactly that. They activate the beta accounts (probly friday) and the email just ran late, as usual. They even announced a few times that emails typically take 1-2 days to arrive when they started sending out beta invites, and they urged players to log into B.Net and check for themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Don't worry, same thing here

Haha same thing happened to me, got it, sucked looked up how to play a little better, went back to try again and it was closed. kinda pissed me off. but hey, i felt special i got a beta invite at all :P

Yup, same thing happened to me.

I got the beta invite the morning of the 19th and by the time I installed it, the beta was already over.

Quote Originally Posted by curiousbystander View Post
    Yup, same thing happened to me.

I got the beta invite the morning of the 19th and by the time I installed it, the beta was already over.
    I got my invite March 6th, so I've been in the beta for like 4 and a half months, haha
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

this is why you should have just preordered the game at gamestop and got a free beta invite. had mine for 3 months.

Actually good chance those who had the final weekend invite had their mails send on friday, but mail servers being horky due to many mails being send out, getting flagged for spam due to that and then getting delayed.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by pomop View Post
    Well it may not be exactly that. They activate the beta accounts (probly friday) and the email just ran late, as usual. They even announced a few times that emails typically take 1-2 days to arrive when they started sending out beta invites, and they urged players to log into B.Net and check for themselves.
    Well, see, the problem with that is... I check my battle.net page every day at least once. Unless I'm just not looking hard enough or blind, I didn't see any notification even after I'd gotten the email. On top of that, the activation code is in the email.