Jinx is an awesome idea!

but is 10% enough?

and will it stack with multiple warlocks attacking 3 targets that are together? so effecting dropping 30% on each because of the AOE effect? and if there are 4 will it drop to 40%?

1,000,000,000 Gighrz Quad Core Duo, over 9000 gigs of ram, on board gfx card

I think you're misreading something in Jinx. It applies Curse of Elements to enemies in an area around the original target, but does not do the same for Curse of Weakness, it just makes the Curse of Weakness reduce resource generation (or regen depending on the class)in addition to it's normal effect. I doubt that it will stack, as I believe Blizz has stated before, having no resources isn't fun (just ask any warrior or bear who has ever been rage staved, they know)

it might mean that affliction becomes the mandatory COE debuffer again like in BC. might make some aff locks unhappy.. I guess its not too bad now that COA and COD are banes now.

I hope this isn't their final answers to aff target switching woes though. Yes, Shadow Embrace. I am LOOKING at you. Wipe that grin off your face!

Quote Originally Posted by Lac View Post
    it might mean that affliction becomes the mandatory COE debuffer again like in BC. might make some aff locks unhappy.. I guess its not too bad now that COA and COD are banes now.
    The entire purpose of having banes instead of curses is so that locks can put down CoE as easily as the other classes, who up until now had an advantage of faster application and the ability (at least for DKs) to put down the buff on multiple targets with relative ease with zero dps loss. This just puts us on par, and I can't see why any lock would object to putting down CoE any more, especially with such a convenient talent encouraging us to do so.

I want medium glyph that allows Jinx to spread corruption like it does with CoE
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

They need to put enhancements on all curses via Jinx though. Not just limit to coe and cow. Make it that cot and coex can be attractive choices too. Currently, they do not.

CoT - next three spells costs double mana
    CoEx - chance to daze the target for 3 sec

Or something...

well what im saying is that according to the tool tip, when you apply curse of weakness to a target, it has an aoe effect reducing the rage, focus, energy regeneration by 10% when fully speced. Now if three warlocks applied it to three targets that were next to each other, will that AOE effect stack?

Shadow embrace is about having a lever to adjust Affliction PvE damage without helping affliction in PvP.

I am not very happy about Jinx, because I really don't like talents that are exclusively useful on PvE trash. The AOE application of Shadow Embrace seems like it should be an extra beneficial effect of a different talent, and two points seems really steep for it.

I think the current beta affliction tree is mostly placeholders and there are clearly changes and mechanics that are yet to be implemented, so I am going to wait until I see how it evolves to pass judgment.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.
    My Blog: http://danieljfriedman.blogspot.com
    My Warcraft/Gaming Blog: http://biggerthankologarn.blogspot.com
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanFriedman81

what about curse of weakness?!

Quote Originally Posted by Rottenbeaver View Post
    well what im saying is that according to the tool tip, when you apply curse of weakness to a target, it has an aoe effect reducing the rage, focus, energy regeneration by 10% when fully speced. Now if three warlocks applied it to three targets that were next to each other, will that AOE effect stack?
    still think you are missreading the tooltip, I understand it as coe gets spread, not cow. cow only gets the added effect of reducing energy, rage, etc. and I highly doubt the cow debuff will stack

The point of CoE affecting more targets in Jinx is to have it match the glory that is Ebon Plaguebringer-Pestilence. Before, an Unholy DK was necessary to be able to spread the 13% magic damage debuff to groups of enemies, especially for fights with many targets. (Like the Vile Spirits in LK, though I'm not sure if Pestilence reaches that far up.) Now, a warlock can match that and more, since it only takes one GCD to apply.

I expect it to work like as long as the original mob is cursed, nearby mobs have the 13% debuff, but don't spread it.

bleh, but you cant have both COE and COW on one target right?

i hope blizzard changes it so it also spreads COW around
    Last edited by Rottenbeaver; 2010-07-21 at 07:43 PM.