Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Not one of these spells defines a warlock more than something like fear, or drain life.
    I don't know what kind of warlock you play, but detecting invisibility and unending breath are part of mine. I think unending breath is still pretty useful, but apart from that, it's definitly something that made the warlock unique.
    It's not the end of the world that they are gone, but the OP has a valid point, why on earth remove them? It's not like they were imbalanced or buggy. It's like taking a priest's levitate.

He gotta be trolling :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like these changes, especially the ones to Doomguard and Infernal. Jinx and fear-effect for Shadowflame also awesome.

Lets discuss some of the good stuff aswell guys and not just whine like mages about the bad stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    I like these changes, especially the ones to Doomguard and Infernal. Jinx and fear-effect for Shadowflame also awesome.

Lets discuss some of the good stuff aswell guys and not just whine like mages about the bad stuff.
    Actually we're talkin about the removal of detect invisibility and unending breath, not about the doomguard and the infernal!

And no we are not whining about bad stuff, it's just doesn't make any sense to remove these spells especially when they worked very well and had their usefulness at situations!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luji View Post
    Actually we're talkin about the removal of detect invisibility and unending breath, not about the doomguard and the infernal!

And no we are not whining about bad stuff, it's just doesn't make any sense to remove these spells especially when they worked very well and had their usefulness at situations!
    well duh. I was talking about the Doomguard and Infernal being DPS cooldowns now, not about the removals of the spells you mentioned.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I heard unending breath is removed because every class will get everlasting breath through a quest, in order to make the underwater zones not a pain in the ass. Doesn't explain detecting invisibility though

hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate....ok im done

Like WHY!? do they do this
    Warlocks will be the most shity class at the beginning of Cata JUST as it was in WotLK
    I hope they'll add some more spell bars because i feel like i ll be casting 20 different spells in a row in order to kill something
    curse of this here, bane here, shadowbolt for this, now immolate . then soulfire for haste then some incinerate, yay conflagrate, chaosbolt, shadowfury,omg casting heal FEAR with shadowflame..now bane of doom , yay guardian , now soul burn , instant soulfire, port away, sumon instant pet , no shardz wtf harvest,...where do i take the time for all this ? :P

Honestly i can't even put more spells on my bars and i use them all

Im sad about underwater breathing removal :/ maybe they will add something instead...

One more thing pisses me off too. Succubus- They make a shity demon, with almost no use, just the seduction which made it lil bit viable and NOW they remove improved succubus talent- so no more really fast CC, it ll be just like fear- no use. They try to compensate it with that knockback...well as soon as they wont reduce the cast of Seduction , they can really delete this pet, cuz it's useless then

And i ll hate some more (phew)
    Just believe... all cars have mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    /casts Unending Breath

"I...AM...A GOD!"
    Hehe... I was duking out with a Horde holy pally in SW harbour during Midsummer, he fled to the water where we proceeded to fight for ages beneath the waves, only for him to forget to surface for breath and die. Due to UB I was indeed, a god. Ah, good times
    As an Affliction Warlock, people don't seem to realise - the more of them there are, the harder I am to kill.

WTF i want my improved SPELL STONE back... thats a lot of haste
    but hey..not that warlocks could need it,
    why am they nurfing us more and more... in a high end 25hc raiding guild warlocks are the badest dd´s, compared to others in same gear
    Last edited by Rushgarroth; 2010-07-21 at 11:48 AM.

firestone and spellstone was nice cuz it gave u free haste or crit, only they was slightly annoying to buff every 1 hour.

but why they removed detect invisibility and unending breath i really dont understand. not like you needed keybinds for those spells. unedning breath is awesome when youre swimming (20% faster swim speed is great for pvp) and detect invisibility was one of our few defenses against rogues. WHY????!!

Quote Originally Posted by icecreamtruck View Post
    firestone and spellstone was nice cuz it gave u free haste or crit, only they was slightly annoying to buff every 1 hour.

but why they removed detect invisibility and unending breath i really dont understand. not like you needed keybinds for those spells. unedning breath is awesome when youre swimming (20% faster swim speed is great for pvp) and detect invisibility was one of our few defenses against rogues. WHY????!!
    hahah, nice trolling in that other thread of yours and now detecting rogues with detect invisibility...

i thought that mafio will be my new favourite troll but you sir are equally good.

protip: detect invisibility detects mages that use invisibility but not rogues that use stealth.

i will not miss those spells too much

Unending breath with the glyph was a nice utility with the swim speed, allbeit more as an escape mechanism when jumping into a lake in wintergrasp, but one I will miss.
    Getting rid of the need for stones is a welcome change.
    Detect invisibility was nice for what is imo the rather unfair ability of invisibility.
    Giving a class a virtual immunity is not a good thing, and that is what invisibility does in most cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    We were balanced around using Firestones or Spellstones, removing them will just means we'll be balanced around not having them it wont work out a nerf to not have them. Frankly, there were just a waste of a Soul Shard every 5 hours, because, like I say, we had to use to use them, they may as well have been a passive talent in the first place.

As for Unending Breath, probably removed because it would be either overpowered in the underwater zones, or just a complete waste in the underwater zones due to other abilties/items/whatever taking it's place. No big loss.

Detect Invisibility on the other hand; I don't think most people will miss it. Invisibility isn't used frequently at all. In those rare situations it comes up, a simple spell like that is too simple a way to overcome it. The whole invisibility mechanic basically is under-used and over-simplistic.
    detect invisibility was one of our few defenses against rogues.
    No. Detect Invisibility was never any use against Rogues as they use stealth, not Invisibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post

So basicly your just going right off topic and adding nothing constructive or relevent to the conversation.

---------- Post added 2010-07-21 at 02:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    I heard unending breath is removed because every class will get everlasting breath through a quest, in order to make the underwater zones not a pain in the ass. Doesn't explain detecting invisibility though
    tbh thats totally fail, make an expansion with shit lots of water finally were warlocks spells come in handy or heaven forbid you have to have a little skill or realism about watching how far out to the ocean you go out or you'll down.

oops infinite breath for all FAIL SO FAIL.

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

I wanted the Burning Legion Faction

I went on answered the questions didnt think id get it by what i was picking, i got the burning legion faction.

15+ Year Old Account
    The major problem with Detect Invisibility and Unending Breath is that people used them only as a "dispell protection", something that wasn't intended most probably. Right now, Unending Breath is almost useless because when you need to go underwater for a quest, they always give you an item with the same effect.

Detect Invisibility is only useful to see a mage's invisibility, but it feels rather silly to have a counter mechanic spell for only ONE spell in the entire game. The other use of Detect Invisibility would be detecting some mobs like the skulls from The forge of souls, but who cares about that anyway.

Also, Cataclysm's underwater zones gives a buff that allows you to breath underwater and to run at mount speed when touching the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    We were balanced around using Firestones or Spellstones, removing them will just means we'll be balanced around not having them it wont work out a nerf to not have them. Frankly, there were just a waste of a Soul Shard every 5 hours, because, like I say, we had to use to use them, they may as well have been a passive talent in the first place.

As for Unending Breath, probably removed because it would be either overpowered in the underwater zones, or just a complete waste in the underwater zones due to other abilties/items/whatever taking it's place. No big loss.

Detect Invisibility on the other hand; I don't think most people will miss it. Invisibility isn't used frequently at all. In those rare situations it comes up, a simple spell like that is too simple a way to overcome it. The whole invisibility mechanic basically is under-used and over-simplistic.

No. Detect Invisibility was never any use against Rogues as they use stealth, not Invisibility.
    you should be disgraced to call yourself a warlock.

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

I wanted the Burning Legion Faction

I went on answered the questions didnt think id get it by what i was picking, i got the burning legion faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Linneth View Post
    Detect Invisibility is only useful to see a mage's invisibility, but it feels rather silly to have a counter mechanic spell for only ONE spell in the entire game.
    Wouldn't having the only spell that could counter that very spell (invisibility) be awesome for our class?!

No more killing mages trying to flee I guess.

Looks like Cata introduces some water locations, where Unending Breath(+Glyph) could be useful. So they decided to remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    Looks like Cata introduces some water locations, where Unending Breath(+Glyph) could be useful. So they decided to remove it.
    Or they decided that they wouldn't make massive underwater zones that only one class in the game can actually go around without having to do the INCREDIBLY TEDIOUS task of swimming to the surface every five minutes and waiting up there for your character to get their breath back and then going back down to pick up what you were doing beforehand.