Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Yeah, stones were never used before they were changed for wrath, and having to apply it every hour for a passive bonus was annoying. Damage will be balanced around not having stones, and I won't miss them.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.
    My Blog: http://danieljfriedman.blogspot.com
    My Warcraft/Gaming Blog: http://biggerthankologarn.blogspot.com
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanFriedman81

Did they remove shaman water breathing too?

Quote Originally Posted by icecreamtruck View Post
    Did they remove shaman water breathing too?
    Nope, they still have it.

Detect Invisibility, Sense Demons and Unending Breath... okay, they're gone... I would have liked to keep Detect Invisibility but oh well.

Emberstorm now only reduces Soul Fire by 0.5/1 second, and Bane no longer reduces the casting time at all, alright, I can live with that, we never had the spell on live anyway.

Nether Protection now only reduces spell damage by 15% (down by 50%) and Improved Succubus is not there at all... the hell is this? I mean, at least put the imp succubus effect in this new Dark Arts spell for us, pretty please?

They're huge nerfs for PvP warlocks.

EDIT: I heard somewhere that they're adding the spellstone and firestone in as an equipped item that goes in the ranged 'ammo' socket, is this still happening or are they removing the stones all together now? I like having the choice between each stone.
    Last edited by Decatrance; 2010-07-21 at 03:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge
    Son, I am not disappoint. You have saved many child today. :')

Quote Originally Posted by Decatrance View Post
    I heard somewhere that they're adding the spellstone and firestone in as an equipped item that goes in the ranged 'ammo' socket, is this still happening or are they removing the stones all together now? I like having the choice between each stone.
    They're gone and good riddance. You never really had a choice over which stone to use either.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKoil View Post
    Sense Demons... people actually used this? I use find fish
    You can use multiple tracking at a time in Cataclysm. So they've added a feature that would make people use Sense Demons and get rid of it. The exact same of how they add water and then get rid of Unending Breath.

Maybe they can give Enchanting Oils back since they got rid of those saying they wanted Warlocks to feel unique with our Fire and Spellstones...

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    FAIL.

Everyone will get the ability to water breathe - it was even posted earlier in the thread.
    This is an accurate post, with one small exception.

I was under the impression that effect only applied to the giant underwater zone(s) with seperate mechanics from the rest of the water in the game. Or are said mechanics (walking on the sea floor) a result from said buff? Will the buff apply to every patch of water you enter, or just the zone(s)?
    God damn those casuals and their utter refusal to ever complain as much as the so-called hardcores.

Detect Invisibility was a nice counter for mages, and Unending Breath when glyphed was a nice escape mechanism in Wintergrasp by jumping into a lake.
    Unending breath, from the best of my knowledge would have become undispellable so that as dispell protection would have been a non-issue.
    Both of which at least I used on a regular basis.
    So while blizzard may be keen to remove what they considering situational or niche abilities, some of us got pretty good use out of them.

Since the master conjurer talent is gone the loss of the stones is fairly minor. Assuming that everyone will get easy access to some sort of breath underwater ability/spell unending breath doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Unending breath, from the best of my knowledge would have become undispellable so that as dispell protection would have been a non-issue.
    Unending breath is already undispellable.

Mages lost frost and fire ward too, does that mean warlocks will lose their shadow ward? I understand blizzard want to remove spells that don't really serve a purpose or weren't used, but I find myself using unending breath, and especially shadow ward and detect invisibility quite a lot.

I know we don't have a huge choice between the stones, but there is somewhat of a choice in pvp.

And just when the warlock changes were looking alright...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge
    Son, I am not disappoint. You have saved many child today. :')

15+ Year Old Account
    Its funny how they removed spells that had actual uses, even though very niche. Detect invis was useful in naxx to see the pats, for fighting mages, and a few various other things. Unending breath of course was useful for anything to do with water and having to be under it with the glyph very nice. Spellstone and Fire stone were nice they should just change them into enchants like shamans (windfury, earthliving, rockbiter etc) instead of removing them completly. And sense demons while not to useful is nice to track demons. It certainly is as useful as any other classes track X ability.

But they kept eye of kilrogg which has no use. Though if they keep the glyph around people that can't fly could use it to scout around the area since the eye+glyph can fly in "old" azeroth.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Red face

Detect Invisibility: Removing = Bad idea, imo... Good PvP utility, and funny for exploration... and now ppl will wipe on ghost in Dire Maul again. :]

Unending Breath: Removing = Bad idea, imo... Nice escape ability, funny for exploration... No more visiting the underwater city in the sea next to tanaris, check it out
    And first time I really found this ability useful was back in vanila, where a paladin hunted me, i wasn't max lvl back then yet, and i ran towards the water, and dived into the water, deeper and deeper... he had to interupt his intercept sooner or later, since he was going out of breath... was also quite neat in wtolk release when season4 ppl was hunting you.. water breathing is a life savior imo :]

I know many ppl might find them useless, but I got many good memmories attached to them, and I indeed find them useful... and not worthless, at least not to me... but maybe for one who don't care about them..

As for the stones, they buff us so stones ain't needed. =o)

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But they kept eye of kilrogg which has no use. Though if they keep the glyph around people that can't fly could use it to scout around the area since the eye+glyph can fly in "old" azeroth.
    Glyphed Kilrogg is awesome, it's fast and u can scout places for Q items so you dont have to kill all the mobs.

And you can pull raid bosses and freak people out ...priceless
    Just believe... all cars have mind.