Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Broken DKs look broken

I felt the need to post my thoughts about the DK changes, or at least my understanding of them.

I am a blood DK. A good one. I've played since classic but switch to DKs because it looked like they'd be awesome, and they were. I freakin love the class. I think they are WoW's masterpiece. The dual resource system is fantastic. The difference between a good DK and an awesome DK is knowing exactly which button to press at exactly the right time. It's frantic and requires solid concentration and awareness of your class. It's fun.

Right now, bad DKs do ok in raids. They come top 5-8 damage or thereabouts and they're like 'hey, look at me, I am uber!'. They also don't know how that other DK in worse gear out-DPSes them by a couple of thousand DPS, but they don't REALLY care. 5th is awesome....right?

Dumbing the class down to allow for 'a little more breathing space in the rotation', is a bad, bad move.

Once done, bad DKs and awesome DKs will sit next to each other on the meters and the bad DK will be thinking HAHA I FREAKIN ROCK MAN WOOT while the awesome DK is wondering what happened to their class and how long it'll take to level a warrior.

And another thing. Blood will be tank. Frost will be magic damage and dual wield. Unholy will be a warlock/hunter hybrid. Where, pray tell, is the big hitting bad-ass DK? The massive axe that'll hit with a vengeance? If I was reading up on the classes now and picking one, I'd give DKs a swerve for Cataclysm and probably go warrior. If I'm just going to button mash with yawn time in my rotation anyway, I may as well do it with TWO axes.

Q, out.

Boring and Dks suck, peroid

Banned for trolling.
    Last edited by bahumut5; 2010-07-21 at 08:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good bye, was nice knowing 'ya.

*rejoices as another bad DK leaves the scene*

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood will be tnk frost will be dps and unholy with be pvp

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoabutterz View Post
    Boring and Dks suck, peroid
    Welcome to my forums.
    I would say: Enjoy your stay, but it seems you can't anymore. I wonder why...
    MWUAHAHAHAHA
    Dawwwwwww

True, but don't you think it's a shame DK DPS will be a dual wielding spell caster? We already HAVE one of those.
    (PS thanks for the de-trollification.)
    Last edited by Quidproquo; 2010-07-21 at 08:17 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyway OP, I just finished reading your Post.

Might I say that I really dislike one thing about this game:
    Elitists.

Seriously, everywhere I look, there are people saying "I am awesome, and now Blizzard is making it so that others can do the same stuff like me, THEY DON'T DESERVE IT!!!11!".
    Just because you were "Good", doesn't mean nobody else deserved to do the same content as you did.
    If you are really as good as you claim you are, then stop worrying and show it by still topping the meters regardless of the changes.
    Dawwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Quidproquo View Post
    True, but don't you think it's a shame DK DPS will be a dual wielding spell caster? We already HAVE one of those.
    No? 'cause, I mean, it's not like there's two different 2h dps (2hFrost/Unholy) specs in contrast to the one DW (DWFrost) spec.

Ok... WTS [win button] pst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I dunno, What blizz said about each spec roles seemed right . blood more for self healing tnking .Frost for sngle/aoe dps and Unholy seemed more pvpish

10+ Year Old Account
    I was at first skeptical of blizzard dumbing everything down and making it easier to push out good dps/hps/tps but now I see it this way...

I was doing what they are now, 2 YEARS AGO whilst they were still scratching their arses killing boars in Elwynn.

It's not going to change so I gave up caring, and if you are as good as you say, people will know you and regardless of people creeping up on you/surpassing you, it won't matter as they always come back to you for class tips/suggestions (and I know this because I am in this situation). Even with the population increase at the same level, YOU COULD DO IT FIRST and if you are as good as you say, those people will always revere you as "THE" player regardless.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy is a Master of Undeath and diseases, since when were hunters Masters of Undeath and Disease? Do they go shooting diseases and raising undead things? No. Warlocks don't either, they're called Demons, there's a difference between Demons and Undead, also they uses curses, curses are different from diseases.. Just because Death Knights have the ability to have pets, doesn't mean they're automatically a hybrid of Warlocks and Hunters..

Unlike you, I can grow to change, the changes being made are still a work in progress, I may not like the new rune system, but hey, it's all in the name of improvement, don't be quick to think this is the final touch, and hey the newer players to this class won't top the meters, you know why? They'll still be having a hard time adjusting to a rotation, and when to time the spells properly!

You obviously chose this class because they looked shiny.. The candy van is that way --->

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    Welcome to my forums.
    I would say: Enjoy your stay, but it seems you can't anymore. I wonder why...
    MWUAHAHAHAHA
    The grounds quake, the heaven's cry - the Hammer raised, the banning nigh.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Just because Death Knights have the ability to have pets, doesn't mean they're automatically a hybrid of Warlocks and Hunters..
    A dotting pet-DPS-reliant spec. Sounds a bit like a warlock and a bit like a (BM at least) hunter to me. But really, my point was the fun in the class for me is the frantic rotation and being an axe with an orc attached somewhere. Being pet reliant, dual wield reliant or spell reliant just takes too much away from the class for mine.
    Last edited by Quidproquo; 2010-07-21 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    Anyway OP, I just finished reading your Post.

Might I say that I really dislike one thing about this game:
    Elitists.

Seriously, everywhere I look, there are people saying "I am awesome, and now Blizzard is making it so that others can do the same stuff like me, THEY DON'T DESERVE IT!!!11!".
    Just because you were "Good", doesn't mean nobody else deserved to do the same content as you did.
    If you are really as good as you claim you are, then stop worrying and show it by still topping the meters regardless of the changes.
    I'm not going to try picking a fight, but instead say this --

Why, as a moderator, are you acting as childish as you are? You're here to do a non-biased job and keep the forums civil, not spew your opinions. Make another account if you're going to do that, with all due respect.

Anyway, I'm going to agree with the OP (except for the whole "good blood DK" thing, assuming he means DPS). DK mechanics are a pretty complex thing to handle. A lot of evidence is pointing toward oversimplifying many aspects of the expansion. I don't have many doubts that they're creating such huge gaps in ability use so that people that just don't care can auto attack their way through fights without paying full attention. The reason I like death knights is because they require my utmost potential to be competitive. I feel like I'm fighting and not just watching TV until I hear the DBM trumpets.

Also, there's nothing "elitist" about wanting to be rewarded for more effort. These changes will compress good and bad death knights together, making the class less fun for skilled players and more convenient for those that don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegovna View Post

Why, as a moderator, are you acting as childish as you are? You're here to do a non-biased job and keep the forums civil, not spew your opinions. Make another account if you're going to do that, with all due respect.
    Does he look like a CM? I suggest you doublecheck where you are. He's not just a moderator, he's a user on this forum, and thus entitled to whatever opinion he has.

And why do people always say "With all due respect" when they're really just telling you to kiss their ass?

As far as i looked into the changes of the DK, im pretty sure ill leave him on the bench for cata..
    I rolled my DK to dual wield, so i dont really care about the blood tree and 2h weapons, because i got other toons for that.
    But the new talents and stuff doesnt make me happy at all, but no stress. There are more classes

Quote Originally Posted by Kelger View Post
    Does he look like a CM? I suggest you doublecheck where you are. He's not just a moderator, he's a user on this forum, and thus entitled to whatever opinion he has.

And why do people always say "With all due respect" when they're really just telling you to kiss their ass?
    Because then I can't be flagged for being disrespectful. It's a law trick.

Anyway, I don't like the idea of moderators with short tempers and bigoted views dictating a forum where roughly half of its members may oppose them.

I don't have many doubts that they're creating such huge gaps in ability use so that people that just don't care can auto attack their way through fights without paying full attention. The reason I like death knights is because they require my utmost potential to be competitive. I feel like I'm fighting and not just watching TV until I hear the DBM trumpets.

Also, there's nothing "elitist" about wanting to be rewarded for more effort. These changes will compress good and bad death knights together, making the class less fun for skilled players and more convenient for those that don't care.
    Yeah man, I hear THAT.

Just where does Bahamut act childish.. Stating an opinion and disliking people that are elitist were never deemed 'childish' in my book. I do not see how stating an opinion is biased either. It's not like you're getting banned for having a different opinion. o_o.

Geez.. I really don't get some people here..