Deleted

Topping dps meter as a healer

hey i've been on my 37 priest the other day(shadow) in SM cath and we had this elem shaman as healer, and he did imba dmg inbetween his heals like quick heal-nova-quickheal-nova She ended up 1st on recount and never had any problem healing the tank who pulled 5-8 mobs at the time. Also tank(warrior) ended up as 2nd on the list.

Just thought I'd share this, it was really fun to watch ^^
    Last edited by mmoc98b28eb1ac; 2010-07-21 at 10:13 AM.

So aoe damage is serious? You as a SP had nothing to do without the aoe you get at 70+, not that weird I guess.

Shaman is prob the best "heal while in dps spec" class. I also ele heal at lvl 80 heroic as ele shaman. just makes things faster since no one cares about heroics anymore

Deleted
    Gotta love the lower level dungeon groups, but yeah shammy's get away with this right up to 80

I've been leveling an ele shaman.. and I'm shocked by my dps.. I'm doing 600dps at level 38 and the other party members are on about 100-150... but chain lightning and fire nova are powerful aoe damage and pretty fast to cast.. if I was healing there is no reason I can't position a flametongue totem near a group of mobs and spam fire nova between heals.. that alone grants me about 300 dps depending on how many mobs are in range. in this case if the tank is pulling 6-8 mobs everytime its not that hard for a healing shaman to out dps everybody and still keep healing

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    hey i've been on my 37 priest the other day(shadow) in SM cath and we had this elem shaman as healer, and he did imba dmg inbetween his heals like quick heal-nova-quickheal-nova He ended up 1st on recount and also never had any problem healing the tank who pulled 5-8 mobs at the time. Also tank(warrior) ended up as 2nd on the list.

Just thought I'd share this, it was really fun to watch ^^
    Kazzak realm? If so, named Zalaju? Troll shaman.

Im running SM last couple days with my hybrid leveling spec shaman, and healing mostly in instances, and yes topping the meters with magma totem + fire nova + chain lightning + healing hehe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroldus View Post
    I've been leveling an ele shaman.. and I'm shocked by my dps.. I'm doing 600dps at level 38 and the other party members are on about 100-150... but chain lightning and fire nova are powerful aoe damage and pretty fast to cast.. if I was healing there is no reason I can't position a flametongue totem near a group of mobs and spam fire nova between heals.. that alone grants me about 300 dps depending on how many mobs are in range. in this case if the tank is pulling 6-8 mobs everytime its not that hard for a healing shaman to out dps everybody and still keep healing
    Ye the shaman was doing 350 or so dps for entire run, not sure if he drank between pulls but I never saw him ask for MB

---------- Post added 2010-07-21 at 10:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by psycon View Post
    Kazzak realm? If so, named Zalaju? Troll shaman.

Im running SM last couple days with my hybrid leveling spec shaman, and healing mostly in instances, and yes topping the meters with magma totem + fire nova + chain lightning + healing hehe
    No she was dranaei

Ahh ok It just sounded rly familiar! Guess 'she' is doing the same as me

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Honestly that doesn't sound right.

Maybe if you are pulling a ton of mobs, but you'd be OOM extremely fast.
    I am going ooom quite fast.. but finding time to drink.. plus being an alchemist has gifted me with a lot of mana potions.. which I'm using rather than auctioning.. so the dps is correct.. thats for about 3 or 4 mobs.. if its more it goes up.. but only from fire nova.. as CL only hits 4 targets (glyphed)

Deleted
    Ahh ok It just sounded rly familiar! Guess 'she' is doing the same as me
    Ye me also.
    I made new dranaei('she' also ), she's got heirloom chest+should+staff all enchanted, lvl 8 atm.
    Can't wait to start pwning :P

Deleted
    Always nice when you find someone like this, although take tank damage with a pinch of salt. They tend to get AoEs earlier than most and will be using them most of the time. For instance, I'm levelling a protadin in LFG and I frequently top the overall damage meter with concecrate being 50% of that damage.

Quote Originally Posted by p75369 View Post
    Always nice when you find someone like this, although take tank damage with a pinch of salt. They tend to get AoEs earlier than most and will be using them most of the time. For instance, I'm levelling a protadin in LFG and I frequently top the overall damage meter with concecrate being 50% of that damage.
    Hes not talking about tanks topping meters, hes talking healers topping meters

Deleted
    Hes not talking about tanks topping meters, hes talking healers topping meters
    Ye, tanks top quite often but healers...Well very rarely

Tanks outdpsing dps is normal; they aoe alot and especially for warriors: they're never ragestarved so they can spam their abilities.
    Healers, well i've seen a priest using holy nova to help dps on aoe packs and heal at the same time; worked perfect and he easily outdpsed my rogue.
    I guess shamans can use their nova totems and a fast aoe cast like chain lightning in between; nice job of the healer but nothing "wawhessoamazing"-like.

Was the shaman's name Skornd from Shadowsong by any chance? ;] thats me mate ;D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snm View Post
    Was the shaman's name Skornd from Shadowsong by any chance? ;] thats me mate ;D
    Not sure, could be, don't remember the name that well ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Vorondil View Post
    Tanks outdpsing dps is normal; they aoe alot and especially for warriors: they're never ragestarved so they can spam their abilities.
    Healers, well i've seen a priest using holy nova to help dps on aoe packs and heal at the same time; worked perfect and he easily outdpsed my rogue.
    I guess shamans can use their nova totems and a fast aoe cast like chain lightning in between; nice job of the healer but nothing "wawhessoamazing"-like.
    AoE? Revenge is what makes dps cry when you have a warrior tank (talking about levelling). Hell even full stacked devestate is worse then TC and Cleave which only add a bit more to all this.

While levelling it isn't that HARD to top dps as healer. If your tank can support this (i.e. tanking gear and a clue what he is doing). And if you try. Most healers don't even care for dpsing..so you rarely see it.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?