Page 1 of 3
LastLast

10 ICC Sinny Heroic Mode

We're currently 10/12 Heroic in 10 ICC and are going to attempt Sinny this weekend. Last weekend was our first attempts on Heroic PP and we killed him after about 6-7 attempts. Now with the 30% buff I'm hoping Sinny will be even easier, then it's onward to the mount next week.

Seriously though, the only difference that's worth mentioning is the Instability AoE damage right? Since it's 30% buff time, is it ideal to just have whoever gets Unchained Magic to just run out and not cast at all? Thus removing the risk of Instability AoE? I know the AoE one shots people as well in Heroic, is it still normal for tanks to take it to the face? I myself am a DK, so I typically just pop Anti-Magic Shield and absorb it all on normal.

Quote Originally Posted by PriestLuna View Post
    We're currently 10/12 Heroic in 10 ICC and are going to attempt Sinny this weekend. Last weekend was our first attempts on Heroic PP and we killed him after about 6-7 attempts. Now with the 30% buff I'm hoping Sinny will be even easier, then it's onward to the mount next week.

Seriously though, the only difference that's worth mentioning is the Instability AoE damage right? Since it's 30% buff time, is it ideal to just have whoever gets Unchained Magic to just run out and not cast at all? Thus removing the risk of Instability AoE? I know the AoE one shots people as well in Heroic, is it still normal for tanks to take it to the face? I myself am a DK, so I typically just pop Anti-Magic Shield and absorb it all on normal.
    'Sinny'?

Yes tank's normally take it 'to the face', warriors and druids can run out and charge back in if they want.
    As for not casting at all with the debuff... thats what your meant to do anyway.

If retards are dying on the blistering cold, use curse of tongues on it.

lol Paul, sorry you obviously don't like my imperfect language in describing the encounter.

Anyway, about Instability...I think everyone knows casters can still pump out some nice DPS before letting it expire, particularly Mages and SPriests. I've seen plenty of videos where those debuffed just run out for the AoE then return and resume whatever they're doing. To completely stop casting with Unchained Magic to prevent Instability AoE seems ezmode, I just wanted to confirm that here.

Quote Originally Posted by PriestLuna View Post
    To completely stop casting with Unchained Magic to prevent Instability AoE seems ezmode, I just wanted to confirm that here.
    Sorry in that case, all hug together and spam cast spells. The entire encounter is ezmode anyway especially with the 30% buff.

We did the fight last night with my 10 man group, we had people with unchained not cast at all, and we also had a DPS go healing for 4 healers. Blew Hero in p1 and we killed it pretty much as it enraged. If you have the DPS for it, it's a very easy kill that way.

Quote Originally Posted by paul2k9 View Post
    Sorry in that case, all hug together and spam cast spells. The entire encounter is ezmode anyway especially with the 30% buff.
    LOL wow dude. I'm sorry that your life sucks and you have to be a dick all the time. Feel free to move along if you're just going to troll this thread all day.

Anyone else, a non-troll preferably, have anything worthwhile to comment on the encounter?

Would just like to add that her name is Sindy.

Sindy the frosty undead dragon.

Paul said nothing inflammatory PriestLuna you must have very thin skin

Deleted
    Apart from the unchained magic, it is effectively the same fight, but much more unforgiving.
    If you hit something, you will most likely die to things that may leave you on 40% ish hp on normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    Apart from the unchained magic, it is effectively the same fight, but much more unforgiving.
    If you hit something, you will most likely die to things that may leave you on 40% ish hp on normal.
    Yea that's the feel I was getting. I know all these ICC fights are relative in terms of difficulty. I just feel that this fight seems much easier to control and a bit less chaotic than PP. Thanks for confirming my thoughts.

@ Frostbyrn
    Nothing directly, no. Yet the indirect trollish sarcasm and disrespect in his/her posts were not required. Perhaps I'm short b/c I've only had one cup of coffee today, or perhaps I just don't feel like tolerating and/or dealing with idiots today. Whatever, we're done here anyway.

30% buff. roll your face across the keyboard

Your tanks really dont have to eat blistering cold. You dont want to in P3 anyway. It hits pretty hard at 3-4 stacks of buffet and it's a waste of a CD.

Just have them run out and start running in the SECOND the cast finishes. They don't have to run too far either, probably 10 yards from their normal position as she doesnt "grip" tanks to her.

I've never understood eating blistering when it's fully preventable anyway.

Damn why are there so many assholes. You still cant ignore the mechanics even with an 80% buff. Our shadow priest can get to 30 stacks before disperse running through the dragon during a blistering cold, you ain't surviving that.

On a more serious note. Its not too bad with the right healer makeup, just make sure in phase 3 whoever has the unchained magic is casting NOTHING. The only exception is a smart healer who can run out and not hit people when needing to emergancy heal (aka another healer ice blocked). I think the biggest thing to help people heal is just having people really understand how to take less damage.

Yes tanks get hit like trucks. good luck.

1-Holy Paladin
    1-Resto Shaman
    1-Resto Druid

1-DK Tank
    1-Pally Tank

2-Hunters
    1-Warrior
    1-Lock
    1-Enh Shaman

as you can see with only 1 caster DPS and 3 healers at least 1 healer got unchained each time. A healer can also get iceblocked. There's alot of raid and tank damage going out as well and Blistering cold means that even if you're a healer you don't want to be blowing up in the raid but sometimes thats unavoidable depending on Iceblocks and people needing to clear their stacks. There are alot of set ups that would've worked better than the one we were running with but that aside the fight is about managing the debuffs (consider iceblock a debuff) and communication between

Tanks->person breaking ice blocks
    Healers->person breaking ice blocks
    Healers->Healers who have unchained magic

watch the debuffs and make sure those communication lines are handled properly and you should be able to deal with the fight. Its largely up to how good your healers are because its about survival, the enrage is long enough that any guild attempting it shouldn't have a DPS problem and tanks should be well geared at this point.
    Last edited by XemnasXD; 2010-07-23 at 02:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

She is quite easy, but at phase 3, it baiscly becomes an 8man encounter, with 2 healers and 4 DPS aswell as 2 tanks.

Both on 10 and 25man Heroic, we always just stop casting with Unchained Magic at phase 3, since resetting your stacks is very important.

The only difficult part of this fight is to beat the insane amount of damage going out, 30% buff makes the DPS requirement non existant.

It is a healer intensive fight.

As a tank with full 264 gear (No 277's, however only 10man HC) and no frost gear, paladin tank, I always eat the blistering cold, why? Because positioning is vital in the encounter, if I run out, she charges me, surely we could reset her position, but you risk giving the entire raid another stack of mystic buffet if they are behind an iceblock, giving 4-6 more seconds where people need to hide behind an iceblock.

As the tank; I useally don't get too many stacks of blistering cold, me and my fellow tank always quickly reset, we don't wait around for the iceblock to die, I mark myself and the other tank up, so when a mark leaves an iceblock, its signal to kill it, if the DPS/Healers haven't reset their stacks there, its they're fault, and they fail, they have way more time to reset their stacks than the tank.

You want good vent communication for this fight, if a healer is iceblocked and another healer got Unchained magic, you have 1 healer healing the raid+tanks, just talk on ventrilo/teamspeak or whatever you use, have the tanks pop a cooldown, etc.

One of the more lethal things here is not the blistering cold itself, its the pull, if the tank gets pulled in before he resets his stacks, the other tank will get 2-3 more stacks, leaving that tank at about 7-9, Save cooldowns for this, or call for an external cooldown (You useally have a paladin, a disc priest or a holy priest) A paladin with Aura mastery+Frost aura can also save a tank during this, but use it for the blistering cold

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, there is a strong RNG component to the fight that should be alleviated by bringing as many caster dps as you reasonably can. If a healer gets unchained magic the same time as another healer is blocked, things WILL get hectic.

Sindragosa Heroic is a healer fight. I'd say it is as difficult as the rest of the previous 10 heroic modes put together. Don't take it lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    As a tank with full 264 gear (No 277's, however only 10man HC) and no frost gear, paladin tank, I always eat the blistering cold, why? Because positioning is vital in the encounter, if I run out, she charges me, surely we could reset her position, but you risk giving the entire raid another stack of mystic buffet if they are behind an iceblock, giving 4-6 more seconds where people need to hide behind an iceblock.
    If you run back in at the right time she wont charge you, and you won't get hit by blistering. Just start running .1-.2 seconds before the cast finishes, it's only failed once for me and that was probably because I was running with an unusual amount of lag that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    One of the more lethal things here is not the blistering cold itself, its the pull, if the tank gets pulled in before he resets his stacks, the other tank will get 2-3 more stacks, leaving that tank at about 7-9, Save cooldowns for this, or call for an external cooldown (You useally have a paladin, a disc priest or a holy priest) A paladin with Aura mastery+Frost aura can also save a tank during this, but use it for the blistering cold

outside of the pull in delaying the tank from dropping his stacks by another pulse you should almost never go over 4-5 stacks.

you shouldnt delay or say "swap at 5 stacks" or something. the instant you get taunted off of you run, drop, and come back out.

I'm often back on the boss in under ten seconds. communicate your taunt before hand so healers are ready and pay attention to which healers are unchained/blocked and use CDs appropriately.

oh and I also always eat blistering colds. i find moving into her front claws results in her not moving. as a DK i runetap and deathstrike immediately after so its not an issue

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I eat every blistering cold as well. Using Sindragosa's Flawless Fang works like a charm.

First attempt on Heroic Sindy, and we 1 shot it. With the 30% buff its pretty simple. You should be able to do it in 251 gear.

The whole instance is getting pretty lawl after the 30% buff (with the exception of H-LK). I mean FFS, my priest with less the 5k GS and still in blues has gotten LK-10 Normal to less then 30%.

So the start for Sindy Hard modes is to ALWAYS have a Healer reseting their stacks. So 1 healing the tank, 1 healing the raid 1 reseting. The RNG comes in when a healer get ice blocked. At that point, people need to use their personal protection CDs.

So essentially, 1 healer is healing the tank and raid at a time. It is very possible to do as any healer.
    Paladin - Beacon the tank and heal the raid
    Shaman - Lesser healing wave and spam chain heal on the tank
    Druid - Life Bloom, Natures Swiftness and then just rejuve the raid
    H-Priest - Great heal tank, and CoH/PoH the raid
    D-Priest - Keep bubbles on everyone - Penance, Flash heal the tank. (Don't be afraid to use Greater Heal though)
    Last edited by Apostolic; 2010-07-27 at 03:05 PM.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest