Thread: leather gear

Question leather gear

My guilds druids and rouges are all geared up pretty much, and im way down the line from getting gear on my pally, i know i would lose a lot of armor but would it hurt me to throw in a couple of the really good leather pieces.

exchanging strength for agility and AP.

i have seen some people use the ashless-agility ring and the bracers, but not really anymore than those.

thanks

Aside from the agi ring (which is BiS) there are plenty of other BiS leather items for ret. Just off the top of my head, the agi RS neck- penumbra pendant, the RS agi ring- signet of twilight, shadowvault slayer's cloak, astrylian's sutered cinch, frostbitten fur boots... all leather agi items, and most if not all are better than their plate counterparts.

Rings pendants and cloaks arent leather. I'm just sayin.

www.elitistjerks.com

Find BiS non plate items there.

Leather (or agi itemised items) a lot of the time is better for a ret than strength items due to weird stat scaling, specifically crit. Many items are BiS and tbh you should have just as much right to go for those as a rogue/feral, if they are after all BiS.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy View Post
    Leather (or agi itemised items) a lot of the time is better for a ret than strength items due to weird stat scaling, specifically crit. Many items are BiS and tbh you should have just as much right to go for those as a rogue/feral, if they are after all BiS.
    Only thing to be aware of is those items which are currently BiS will become awful for us once 4.0 hits... Not that you should ever base your gear on the basis of "leveling in the next xpac" but you would probably do well to collect the str plate priority items as well and bank them for the xpac.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Leather is awesome.

I'm still being hopefuly for the wrists from saurfang, no one needs them anymore. And the boots from marrowgar.

A lot of mail items are really good also. Usually leather is better however.

im along way away from getting my tier with badges, so what pieces should i look for to use until i can obtain my tier pieces, chest, head, legs, shoulders.

i have an opportunity to get the boe leather chest, from my guild if i want it.

would it hurt my dps a lot if i had a lot of leather gear for a while, until i can get my tier stuff? and i know it would be less than with my tier, but would it be really off?
    Last edited by hugsofdeath; 2010-07-21 at 04:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Leather belt is really the only leather piece that is BiS, but rings/neck/cloak are fine for agi as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

You seemed confused. The armor and everything on plate is really worthless for purely DPS. Armor and stamina should never be stats that your looking at whilst trying to find an upgrade for your current gear.

I think this topic actually has 2 seperate conversations going on. One specifically relational to leather gear. The other concerning the benefit of Agi gear in general. My comments are more about agi gear as a whole. Im sure some others who talk about "leather" are using it as a generic term for agility itemized gear be it rings, necks, backs, belts or anything else.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Grats on Smourne Adamson.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson View Post
    Leather is awesome.
    Nothing more to add, really.

Don't get screwed by stupid people/lootwhores just because they think that armor prio is cool.

Deleted
    If it improves your DPS go for it.You are not a tank anyway :-)