Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Power Word: Sacrifice *(Just an idea)*

So I was bored and tired at work this morning with nothing to do but make a pot of coffee and think about WoW to make time go by faster. So I was trying to think of a cool talent for priests to have. I was thinking how other classes have battle rez or self rez, and soulstones, so i thought it'd be cool if priests had some kind of battle rez and i thought of Power Word: Sacrifice and it would go something like this i imagineHoly Spec)

Power Word: Sacrifice- Casts a prayer upon the friendly target, connecting the two players together for (x) about of time. If the friendly target were to die (say the Main Tank) while Power Word: Sacrifice was active, the friendly target could Resurrect him/herself with 75% health, mana/energy/rage/focus and with all buffs that were active before the friendly target died, but at the cost of the Priest's life (you). If the sacrifice is successful the priest cannot be battle resurrected only out of combat (or has some type of rez sickness for (x) amount of mins then can be battle rez'd). Only 1 PW: sacrifice can be active on one target at a time and if the priest dies before the use of the sacrifice then the buff is removed.

I know it might have some problems with it or might be Overpowered in some way, but it could be changed id imagine, but if this could be implemented, id imagine some time of awesome animation of the priest dying and resurrecting the friendly target with the buff. Of course both players would have to accept the rez. Again, not full proof but i think a cool idea. Sucks for the priest in a way, but in a situation you need that tank up in a hurry at the cost of a healer, i.e. festergut maybe? Ive been on mmo-champion for awhile just never posted anything just read sometimes.

Let me know what you think, trash talk it, close it, call me a n00b (ill be waiting for that post to say it. But really let me know my fellow priest healing friends!

I like the idea, but there's some flaws. What if two priests PW: Sacrifice eachother? One dies, but resurrects at 75% health and full buffs (meaning the PW:S would be on it again?) and then the other priest would die, resurrect, and come back with 75%+full buffs and create a chain reaction that causes a black hole in the center of the world, killing all life as we know it? You happy now? You killed the universe.

Otherwise, not bad.

Deleted
    Sounds like Argent Defender combined with Guardian Spirit, while killing the Priest. I don't really like it as it serves no real purpose.

Deleted
    Forsooth, that spell would be very interesting but most of all would be innovative and useful.

I wonder why the priests still have not that power... I know! Because there are spells that Blizzard considers most important and useful, such as Leap of Faith ... (of course I'm being sarcastic)

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Sounds like Argent Defender combined with Guardian Spirit, while killing the Priest. I don't really like it as it serves no real purpose.
    serves no purpose?
    1 tank and 10 dps>1priest healer and 10dps
    out of those 10 dps you proberly have a pally or ele shaman who can heal the tank while he goes CD's ( if able)
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Quote Originally Posted by _Northem_ View Post
    Forsooth, that spell would be very interesting but most of all would be innovative and useful.

I wonder why the priests still have not that power... I know! Because there are spells that Blizzard considers most important and useful, such as Leap of Faith ... (of course I'm being sarcastic)
    Why in heaven is that sarcastic? Leap of Faith as written in the tooltip is (going to be) one of the best spells in the game.

OT: Kinda depends on how long it would last, sounds like a bad variation of Guardian Spirit.
    Last edited by Calendra12345; 2010-07-22 at 07:53 AM.
    http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/1...p10records.png
    Signature too large, resize please.

10+ Year Old Account
    so you want guardian spirit....except the priest dies..

i like the idea, i've had a similar one:

res the target at x% hp/mana in combat, if the target dies again within x(15?) minutes you die aswel.

edit: or something like this: res the target at full hp and mana, target dies again in x(1?) minute
    so its like a temporary buff, potentially saving a raid from a wipe ^^
    Last edited by Rtwo; 2010-07-22 at 10:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamless
    Heh, ahh the internet. Where the 'glass is half full' and 'glass is half empty' people are both shouted down by the heaving masses of "WAAAAH! I WANT A FULL GLASS! WAAAAAAAH!'

It would be good if we did not already have GS.

I guess the whole idea behind this talent would be saving the raid by not losing the MT at a crucial point in the fight. I know it sounds like a bad GS and yes the priests dies (not saying i want to die) but the whole idea of sacrificing the priests life for others is more biblical and would fit well with the priests arsenal of talents. I know this has flaws like Lionheart said. It could even be changed to the priest not dying and just having 1% health? If there changes that could make this move work you think? By all means! post it!

I say, just don't worry about it since we already have a spell that does the exact same thing, but at no cost to the life of the caster. Now matter what, it will always be a weaker GS.

This spell can never be implemented due to overpoweredness in PVP. Imagine 5v5 or a BG with just priests, They wont be able to die because they will ressurect again and again.
    Last edited by Arius; 2010-07-22 at 04:01 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    Stop thinking you know how to fix wow problems when you can't even fix the problems within your own ideas!

i Love the idea. i think you could prevent the claining of it if you made it like a 3 sec channel spell and drained the priests life while filling up the other players. if interupted priest does if completed priest keeps 5% of base health or something crazy small.

lol ya thats true Arius.. but that would be funny though, probably make a lot of people angry in arena..

THis would be cool in WSG.

Priest cast Power Word: Sacrifice on rogue, rogue runs into flag rooms and get roflstomped by flag defence.
    They all chase aftet priest, they pop the rez, priest dies and rogue pops sprinting off with flag.
    Flag defence stands around with no idea what happened.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkymonk View Post
    THis would be cool in WSG.

Priest cast Power Word: Sacrifice on rogue, rogue runs into flag rooms and get roflstomped by flag defence.
    They all chase aftet priest, they pop the rez, priest dies and rogue pops sprinting off with flag.
    Flag defence stands around with no idea what happened.
    But the moment rogue dies, the priest dies and rogue gets ressed. After this rogue would get "roflstomped" by flag defence once again.

Deleted
    Hmmm this dose sound like a interesting, but pointless ability. Like said its basically Guardian Spirit but you die as well ¬¬ maybe if you gave it to disc, but as holy why would you pick this over Guardian Spirit?

i think it would be nice as a holy only talent

think about it like this

you got a boss at 5% hp in 10 man, the offtank is dead, and perhaps the other healer too.

here is 2 ways it could go.

without the talent:

tank dies at 2% raid wipe, people leave raid

with the talent:

tank dies with power word: sacrifice on him.
    priest dies, and becomes guardian spirit, is able to keep the tank alive long enough to down the boss, regroup, and everyone is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdition View Post
    so you want guardian spirit....except the priest dies..
    This, pretty much. It just looks like GS, except the priest dies. =/
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

No. Dont start filling the game with battle rezzes.