Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cata. Cinematic?

So, when do you think the Expansion pack cinematic will be available?

Will it be unveiled at Blizzcon or leaked/released before that?

Share your thoughts and ideas please.

Kind Regards
    BoOoOoOmMmM!

I have no idead, but im also looking forward to this and also the loggin screen. I wonder what its going to look like.

indeed, i can only imagine what the login screen will look like

im expecting it to open/start all clean and tidy and then the background (not the login details ofc lol) starts shaking and all hell breaks lose.

or something like that
    BoOoOoOmMmM!

I have a few ideas for it..like a few flashbacks..etc etc..as he crashes through..who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Hopefully they go down the same route as WotLK and have a more expansion introduction. I know a lot of people QQ'ed over it not being like Vanilla and TBC but they both just showed difference races and classes doing random things. We've seen all that before and I don't want to see the Worgen or the Goblins in the cinematic. Deathwing is the main focus, so perhaps him bursting from the elemental plane and then azeroth being ripped apart while people flee etc, something that really tells you what this expansion is about.

Yeah, I agree on that :-)

Blizzcon in October, not sooner not later.

Knaak's face.

That is all.
    shit

yeah i know what you mean. Dont get me wrong, i loved the vanilla intro but the whole thing of, unchained random events doesnt really appeal to me. To me, the wotlk intro was so much better and despite being rather "short" it spoke volumes. It was simply amazing, really setting the mood for the whole x-pack.

If they really go back to the whole "x-class casts this, y-class casts that and fights vs a-class" ill be rather disapointed.
    BoOoOoOmMmM!

technically we got the "early, not that good trailer"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llMIDqFbsnE

with it's own equally awesome parody i figured i'd put here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x30Ghe_SdTA

we'll probably get a better quality trailer before cata comes out, maybe.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2010-07-21 at 11:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    technically we got the "early, not that good trailer"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llMIDqFbsnE

we'll probably get a better quality trailer before cata comes out, maybe.
    Trailer =/= Cinematic.

and there will still be no gnomes to be seen in the cinematic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I just realized we will have a new login screen soon. Close to two years now I've had Sindragosa fly in and roar at me for typing in my password. I shall miss that.

Personally I'd like to see the swirling Maelstrom as the backdrop for Cata.
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

Quote Originally Posted by Frioz View Post
    and there will still be no gnomes to be seen in the cinematic.
    =3 The Wrathgate in-game cinematic had a female gnome engineer in the background of the alliance crowd XD

Please, get that dragon out of my face when I'm trying to log in. The Maelstrom would be nice, depending on the accompanying sound-scape.
    I am not a clever man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdee View Post
    =3 The Wrathgate in-game cinematic had a female gnome engineer in the background of the alliance crowd XD
    You must had misjudge it for a tree stump.

15+ Year Old Account
    I for one am hoping they include at least a few fight scenes between the Horde and the Alliance, its a war people!

The Vanilla cinematic introduced everything pretty well.
    The BC cinematic was a bit all over the place, the fighting scenes carried over, but people who never played WC3 would have some random guy with wings yelling at them for not being prepared.
    The WOTLK cinematic was a total loregasm, and was good at making us think "oh great, we have to fight that". But it was 100% about Arthas and kinda made the game look very one-sided.

So yeah, heres hoping the "War" is coming back into Warcraft : /
    Last edited by -Ethos-; 2010-07-22 at 12:04 AM.

Hopefully the Cata cinematic will be better than the WotLK one, which in my opinion was pretty boring. Perhaps they could portray Deathwing's emergence from the Maelstrom, flight to Stormwind to reclaim Onyxia's head, and then he flys to (what will then become) the Twilight Highlands. As the landscape changes before the viewers eyes, Deathwing lands on top of Grim Batol, and roars in 7.1 DTS. The screen fades to black and the WoW: Cataclysm logo is shown.

What I was thinking for the Cataclysm backdrop would be something like the original vanilla WoW backdrop, except changed to reflect the reshaping of Azeroth; for example, the portal has crumbled somewhat, maybe one of the statue guards has fallen over and broken, while volcanoes erupting and lava can be seen beyond the portal.

I also like the Maelstrom idea.
    Last edited by Destruktion; 2010-07-22 at 12:03 AM.

the cinematic will prolly be released at pax 2010

I also agree with the Maelstrom idea. Ever since seeing the Maelstrom vid I imagined it being the login screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpyhooves View Post
    Wow people will really argue about anything on the internet.

Whats next?
    Pepsi vs Holy Pally which would win?
    Apple Mac vs Justin Bieber?