Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    cc will be used for the first month

and once ppl out gear the content

it will be gone

and then ppl will bitch heroics are too easy een though they currently out gear it and thus makes it a retarded argument.... oh wait we are currently having that argument
    Really when we out gear content we wont CC? Goshhh who would have thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Really when we out gear content we wont CC? Goshhh who would have thought.
    ppl who think heroics should only be for ppl in the top gear

Quote Originally Posted by backor View Post
    What I find fun is multiple targets at once in my face.
    ...lolwut?

Looking forward to the need to CC in heroics. Tactical fights are more fun, even if I'm perfectly capable of tanking half of an instance at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love it!! gief CC back.

I love CC, but I still cry myself to sleep from all the HC Slabs and reg Slabs rep farming I had to do so I could get Gavel of Unearthed Secrets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I always thought it was fun to sit and plan out every pull for 2-4 minutes, complete with kill order by symbols that are often ignored anyway.

"But we want something more to do than AoE!"

People nowadays have a hard time staying alive as it is; do you really think it will enrich your experience?

All it will do is serve to make the RDF completely unsuitable for use by anyone who can drool on their keyboard enough to move themselves out of fire, or able to stop drooling enough not to walk off a ledge.

Well, though I cannot recall when or where I read it, I'm fairly certain they (the Blizzmen) are okay with bulldozing heroics in a hamfisted way when you outgear the content considerably...that's a luxury you earn when you've played as long and committed as that.

But when a dungeon is new, or the players entering it are doing so for gear (that is, they don't outgear it already) there's no reason you should just be able to AOE tank that jank start to finish. It should require a bit more effort and tact with CC'ing.

Worst case scenario with the LFD system I can see is, for example, a crazy geared healer getting into a group with a tank and DPS who are not outgearing the content yet. So rather than running through fast like their gear would allow them, they are limited by the group's ability to DPS.

Even so, I imagine most very well geared individuals arrange their heroic groups to avoid those scenarios, and those who do not should expect to cater to the lowest common denominator and expect the dungeon to be difficult.
    Freakin' infraction points...how do they work?!

you would think people would complain more about "The guy who sits around and looks at his DPS meter while ignoring all boss mechanics while everyone else around him is getting wtf owned"
    = defensiveness? what?

I can't wait for CC to be returned...I played max lvl in BC, and it was amazing...I'm not saying BC was better, but the player base had some idea what was going on rather than just AOE EVERYTHING NOW!!

I'm excited for CC to be making a comback. As others have stated, when you have to CC you have to actually pay attention to what you're attacking, you have a kill order to follow (tanks rejoice, no more baddies pulling because they're attacking the wrong target...ok it will still happen but hopefully not as much!). I miss raids and groups taking more than just good gear, when you actually had to have SOME skill to get something accomplished.

See, it makes it more fun (and easier) for you, but its pretty lame and dull for the other 4 people in your heroic. In TBC, getting a pally tank (thats you) was a treat...no cc was needed, runs were quicker...you just needed a healer that could keep the tank up.

The game is better suited for cc nowadays...in TBC, unless you had a pally tank, you needed cc...mage was choice, but the other three pures worked as well. Minus hunter changes, I *really* don't keep track of any of the other classes, shit changes so much during Beta I'll catch up on abilites when it gets closer to release date. Case in point, more classes have CC abilites now, like shaman hexxing, and I'm sure more will be added to make groups a little more resonable to make...in TBC, it sucked ass to be a hybrid, like enhance shaman or ret pally, because you brought nothing to the group but dps. Hell, more often than not, dps were referred to as dps/cc in TBC. I'd love to see it again. Pressing the volley button is not fun unless there are 100+ mobs in one concentrated area.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2010-07-24 at 04:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    And I was replying to one of them when I said that. You apparently read my post... did you read the one I was responding to? Guess not, otherwise you would perhaps have directed your impotent nerd rage somewhere else.
    You seem to have confused yourself, sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    Which is why it won't be the all out CC orgy that you and people like you have a raging hard-on for. They had their chance to keep heroics at possible 2-3 hour ordeals, and they got rid of it.
    was a reply to
    Quote Originally Posted by heerobya View Post
    Now I'm not saying the really "old school" way of having to pull teeth to get anywhere was any better, time sink does not = challenge...
    Not quite sure how that implied he loved orgies of CC. I'm not sure why you keep insisting I'm angry about something you're doing, unless you are one of the type I mentioned earlier. I'm simply wondering about the internal consistency of your statements at this point, and also wondering how a couple of these PuGs that are in this ICC with me managed to get 6.2k gear scores by standing in fire the entire run.
    85 paladin Prot/Holy, 85 warlock Destro/Affliction, 85 priest Holy/Disc, 85 druid Feral/Resto, 85 shaman Resto/Enhancement, 85 rogue Combat/Combat, 85 mage Fire/Arcane, 85 death knight Blood/Frost, 85 warrior Prot/Arms, 85 hunter Surv/BM.

My name is Citaxis, and I'm an altoholic. My first step is admitting I have a problem. I even have the addon.

Quote Originally Posted by zephurwitch View Post
    the player base had some idea what was going on rather than just AOE EVERYTHING NOW!!
    I try to run HoR every so often to get that healing trinket for my disc priest. I am amazed that at least one third of the time people intentionally break my shackles. I'm a terrible healer, the temptation to just not heal people after that is overwhelming at times.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    I try to run HoR every so often to get that healing trinket for my disc priest. I am amazed that at least one third of the time people intentionally break my shackles. I'm a terrible healer, the temptation to just not heal people after that is overwhelming at times.
    You should heal for me. I expressly tell people that to break a CC'd target or taunt a tanked target is to offer to tank it yourself. As long as the rest of the group won't suffer, I go out of my way to let these people deal the consequences of their idiotic actions. Excepting for accidents, of course.