Thread: Very rare!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the 2 most rarest items I can come up with must be the 2 weapons from the most epic dungeon ever.
    1. Assassin's Blade
    2. Shadowfang

According to me, the rarest mount is probably the one from ToGC without anyone dying.

According to wowprogress only 11 guilds have done it so far, it means 275 mounts accross the world. Curently 278 guilds have killed LK25 HM, so at least 278 mounts, but it's more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arius View Post
    Time-lost protodrake. Try farming that
    i got that by a random fly by. got a mate who got it aswell its not so rare as you might think

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    According to me, the rarest mount is probably the one from ToGC without anyone dying.

According to wowprogress only 11 guilds have done it so far, it means 275 mounts accross the world. Curently 278 guilds have killed LK25 HM, so at least 278 mounts, but it's more than that.
    Wowprogress stopped recording that kill, lots more have done it!

There are two kinds of rarity being mentioned in this thread...

The absolute "there are only X amount of Y in game, and X is a very very small number!" rarity and the "holy crap this is going to take a ton of luck" rarity. I don't know exactly which of the two the OP was implying, and I suppose it's interesting to list things of both varieties, but a lot of folks seem to be at odds here.

It's a bit interesting besides. Drop rate on the Hyacinth Macaw is crazy low: using Wowhead's numbers (which I think are accurate.. Hyacinth Macaws have been around for a very long time), it's just a shade past .01%. Compare this to something like Reins of the Raven Lord, which Wowhead lists at 1.4%. Huuuuge difference. There is also a difference in terms of farmability, however, so if the goal of the OP is to get some rare items it should be noted. You could farm for the Hyacinth Macaw very easily and with little downtime (barring your own sanity!) whereas you're limited to 1 Anzu kill a day, with extra trouble if you're not a Druid. As was noted, Invincible is a 100% drop yet there are fewer of them than Macaws with one of the lowest drop rates in game, which has further yet different implications in terms of actually acquiring one.

Time-Lost is different than all of those, and Old Ironjaw/Crafty are both fairly difficult to get in their own way as well.

Whole lot of different types of probability and effort in getting the rarer items in WoW...

Deleted
    The rarest obtainable item is Teebu's Blazing Longsword.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    Boy you are right there. I have been farming for months..and have never ever seen it alive or dead
    Saw it dead 2 times already, found it once, so close to killing it, got ganked by a freakin' paladin (PvP realm >_>). Paladins are on my #1 to kill list.

Quote Originally Posted by Saitan View Post
    The rarest obtainable item is Teebu's Blazing Longsword.
    I'm going to go with this. I've been playing since launch and have seen this item in any form maybe 2 or 3 unique times. Never seen it drop.

Granted this is purely anecdotal, but I don't think my case is an exception.

15+ Year Old Account
    white kitten without buying it from the AH... As a horde player!

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    Is this possible?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by misterflix View Post
    Is this possible?
    I wonder... You can't kill kids in game so, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    battered hilt

i have yet to even see it outside of the auction house
    Actually i saw it twice on patch 3.3 day and won it the very same day, although the drop rate has lowered, i still have a quel'delar sword in my bank i just dont want to get rid of.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dulci5 View Post
    Or just a random raid day. Needed food, fished for about 10 minutes.. 'Oh, a sea turtle.. how neat.'
    this
    hehe was training fishing and had it pretty fast
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=14557
    The Lion Horn of Stormwind, been playing since vanilla and never seen it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    Epic Carrot
    Oh that made lol, epic carrots.

But, yes, Hyacinth Macaw for it's 1 in 5,000 chance to drop. Lowest drop rate for a pet.

Onyxian Drakes I also very rarely see, maybe people just don't care to do Onyxia so much though.

Time-Lost Proto-Drake isn't as rare as you might think it is. I got it out of crazy luck on one of my characters while farming for the 400 unarmed skill achievement. And it basically spawned above me. Crazy luck. And now I'm looking for it on my hunter, been at it for a week. Seen Vyragosa dead once a day (and one killed myself) and one dead Time-Lost. Apparently he has a 1 in 10 chance of spawning instead of Vyragosa, but the competition to get to him first is insane.

Oh oh, or Loque'nahak. Maybe it's different for different servers, but I've searched for this guy hundreds of times and only ever found him twice. First time tamed, second time killed. Now I'm helping a fellow hunter look for it, oh dear.
    Last edited by mmocc5c312fa0d; 2010-07-22 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    Same could be said about getting the black tabby without buying it from the AH; As an Alliance player. >.> Only the mob is friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Sápphh View Post
    Nah, loads of people have that trinket, I've personally seen it drop at least 3 times, and once while I was on my own. Ashes has a slightly higher drop rate than Rivendare's mount at 2%. In terms of mount drop rates though, I think the Onyxian drake sort of wins at 0.2%. >>
    For mounts I would say http://http://thottbot.com/c16151. The reason I say this is because I use to run Kara EVERY week on 2 toons (both exalted in there) and NEVER saw the mount drop QQ. And for a ground mount, i think it is the coolest in the game. But i know the numbers dont make it sure sure rare my in my case it ranks way up there.

---------- Post added 2010-07-22 at 01:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aslac View Post
    Well, the 2 most rarest items I can come up with must be the 2 weapons from the most epic dungeon ever.
    1. Assassin's Blade
    2. Shadowfang
    Yeah no joke....sure rare after they nerfed the place. Funny story, I was going to buy a few of the SFs that were on AH for like 300g but i was like I will wait until next week...yeah the patch came that week lol
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Seen a thread like this before, and I'll stick by my statement on there; Onyxian Drake.. I have yet to see one on my server, though before I transferred off my old one I saw 1, and only 1.
    Also, the Love Rocket is kinda rare since that was only out for like a week to drop, and its drop rate was incredibly low

teebu's blazing longsword

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.