Thread: CoI nerf

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

CoI nerf

CoI - I will miss you if this goes live

#
    # Chains of Ice now reduces movement speed by 60% for 8 sec. (Down from 95% + 10% movement each sec over 10 seconds)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    holy crap, i don't give a shit if europeans made a toaster that gave awesome hand jobs while making delicious toast, that shit has nothing to do with a god damn video game about midgets and dragons.

Not really a nerf..

CoI on live will be lower than 60% in only 4 seconds.. This change will let it stay 60% for 8 seconds.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Finally, balanced.

well i guess we lose a good cc ability

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Finally, balanced.

Because DKs are soooo OP right now. Its not like they've been the worst pvp class for almost a year now or anything.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

10+ Year Old Account
    Omfg!!!! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by treston323 View Post
    Not really a nerf..

CoI on live will be lower than 60% in only 4 seconds.. This change will let it stay 60% for 8 seconds.
    But those first few seconds that really make the skill what it is. This just makes it pretty much slow/cripling poison/hamstring for dk's.

Not fun.
    holy crap, i don't give a shit if europeans made a toaster that gave awesome hand jobs while making delicious toast, that shit has nothing to do with a god damn video game about midgets and dragons.

Honestly, I think the new version might be a little better in the long run. However this might just get reverted before it makes live..

PS look at the new strike.

Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn View Post
    Honestly, I think the new version might be a little better in the long run. However this might just get reverted before it makes live..

PS look at the new strike.
    Yeah, the new strike was pretty sick. I guess that CoI had to be changed to be refreshed by it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    a little bit worse for peels but being refreshed by festering is awesome we wont have to waste frost runes keeping it applied

DKS have been unstoppable in pvp when specced right and skilled... dont even need great gear with the blood/ghouls specs. could go blood/haste to deal with melee more than casters to. im not the most skilled or even close to best geared but my dk pwns guys with double my everything. as blood/ghoul. bloodhaste would probably do similarly well, just not as great with the diseases getting dispelled.
    Holycow isn't what people say in surprise anymore. its the name of the great, mighty, lightsworn tauren paladin that will be the first to tank Deathwing and win.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazorthon View Post
    DKS have been unstoppable in pvp when specced right and skilled... dont even need great gear with the blood/ghouls specs. could go blood/haste to deal with melee more than casters to. im not the most skilled or even close to best geared but my dk pwns guys with double my everything. as blood/ghoul. bloodhaste would probably do similarly well, just not as great with the diseases getting dispelled.
    um not past 1600 buddy go to sk we are the least represented class and only unholy is viable at high end. most being in retarded tsg

It's a stupid change.

CoI is currently only good for the first few seconds, so it will be fine.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

yay now its jsut like every other snare HOO-RAY for homoginization!

Quote Originally Posted by Thegovna View Post
    It's a stupid change.
    your not considering the new rune system when your just saying something like this, frost runes will be much harder to come by.

the change is amazing with fester strike.

Quote Originally Posted by zaruz View Post
    But those first few seconds that really make the skill what it is. This just makes it pretty much slow/cripling poison/hamstring for dk's.

Not fun.
    i agree with this -.- it's basically a dispellable concussion shot now, that lasts twice as long. wow, how original -.-

disclaimer: i have pvp'd on my dk (around 15k HK's i think) but by no means is it my main (2 other chars with almost 50k each) and have 7 other 80's as well, im not just trying to get dks buffed/keep them from being nerfed, i actually just don't like homogenizing, especially in such an iconic ability.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

face it, chains of ice was overpowered and way too spammable. this is almost sane, and presumably still spammable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by jazx View Post
    your not considering the new rune system when your just saying something like this, frost runes will be much harder to come by.

the change is amazing with fester strike.
    Which is another stupid change.

Also, there's nothing unique about being another class with a passive 60% slow.

I don't mind the change, but now they actually need to give death knights a CC ability.

Without our Chains of rooting and faster rune CD, we'll have a annoying time trying to kite something as a CC. :/
    Last edited by Zookz25; 2010-07-23 at 06:40 AM.