15+ Year Old Account

A question about Medivh.

So I just finished reading The Last Guardian.

I am wondering if Medivh is dead?

If there is another book that I should read that answers this question, then please just direct me to the story and leave it at that.

However, if there is nothing else written on the topic of Medivh after his encounter with Khadgar, Garona, and Lothar, then I would like to hear what the speculations are about his current existence in lore.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

I hope he is because I killed his whores and stole a lot of things from his house :x

At the end of "The Last Guardian" it indicates that Medivh had been reborn.

Last Lines:
    "And so we start anew," says Medivh.
    And with that, he transformed into a raven, and was gone.
    I know there is lore regarding him after his "death" im not sure if it is in any other books at this time.

He is still basically playing the role of Guardian without the Kirin Tor on his back.
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-07-23 at 01:54 AM.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was killed by Khadgar, Garona and Lothar. He later returned as the Prophet in Warcraft 3, to help the mortal races learn that their fate was in their own hands.
    This return is presumably what is hinted at at the end of The Last Guardian.

At the end of the Night Elf campaign, after Archimonde is destroyed, he says "As for me, I came back to ensure that there would be a future, to teach the world that it no longer needed Guardians. The hope for future generations has always resided in mortal hands. And now that my task is done, I will take my place...amongst the legends of the past."

I always took that to mean that he died again - or rather returned to death, content that he was no longer needed.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see. I am unfamiliar with Warcraft 3 campaign and didn't realize that 1) Medivh made an appearance and 2) that it took place after the Last Guardian timeline.

I figured he was still "alive" or maybe still "around" to help as the real Medivh, not his Sargeras infused Medivh.

That said, I think it would be a treat if he was involved in the defeat of Sargeras as the fabled "last boss of WoW." Not only is it appropriate as a full circle kinda thing, but Medivh is/was immensely powerful and a logical choice to help us battle the biggest baddie of them all. This of course is way, way, way down the road and not based on any facts.

Thx for the responses guys.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

I think he meant it as more of "I'm never going to help again as the mortals should fend for themselves." We might see him return if they every open up the Crypts or the other Kara (Not the Crypts).