Thread: Dark Intent

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    I will have numbers on this soon. Preliminary testing reveals:

Resto Druid > Holy Priest on Raid Healing > Shadow Priest > Unholy Death Knight > Fire Mages > Everyone else.

Fire mages should not be considered for top spot because their damage is very low at the moment.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Whispah View Post
    That's just silly.

Its our own version of Focus Magic. If Mages can't currently do that then there is no reason that this will be done for Warlocks.
    it doesnt stack, u can put multiple DI's on locks for the soul purpose that the affliction lock wil keep it stacked up 3stacks for u constantly but thats it the lock with multiple DI's wil stil only get 3% haste and 9% damage for Dots.
    i tried this with 2 of my warlock freinds both putting theres on me and didnt do diddly squat

But even at these "low" gear levels shadow priests and resto druids keep the stack up to 3 100% of a boss encounter, as shadow preist is 85% dots, mind flay, SW;pain, Devouring plague etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    The 3% Haste stacks (you can cast it on each other for 6% total haste)
    The Stacking Buff does not, which is a waste of 3-9% damage/healing for someone in the raid.

Don't be a dick. Share your Dark Intent with others!

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep, that's basically it. However, a Survival Hunter does more damage than a Fire mage and thus is worth more to the overall raid dps as a DI target.

---------- Post added 2010-12-14 at 11:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    I wish the other thread had been silenced by a post like this. ^_^
    Sometimes you have to let people argue it out as a way of learning and finding clues to get you where you need to be. I know I learn best by talking it out rather than staring at a screen due to personal uncertainty.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted
    I have just rerolled Lock as main...use to be kitty. I cant understand how in the world you would put a firemage over a kitty druid in the prio list? Or anything else then the surv hunter for that matter. The unholy dks dots will only be high on multiple targets, other then that his main dps will come from deathcoil and the pet, except if he is in T11bis and DW unholy...but thats a different story and not really interesting yet. And im asuming we are crushing numbers for single target here? Since the days of AOE fun are long gone with cata.
    Im not saying what you wrote is wrong I am merely curious on how this was calculated?

15+ Year Old Account
    I forgot about cats. Probably prowling.

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account
    It comes down to crits per minute Tobias, and % of damage done from dots.

Cats have ~52% of their damage from Rake and Rip and crit about 15-20 times per minute, which is good uptime. Better than Unholy's single target. It ties with Survival. Shadow beats the pants off everyone with 80% damage from dots and 24-30 crits per minute.

I can't speak for fire mages, but I assume they're high

---------- Post added 2010-12-14 at 12:22 PM ----------

As I said above, I will have actual numbers for Dark Intent soon. I just need to set it all up.

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account
    That's what I meant by crits per minute. Lets say you have two people who do 400 ticks at 24% crit rate over 5 minutes and another who does 200 ticks at 32%. 400 x .24 / 5 = 19.2 possible crits per minute. 200 * .32 / 5 = 12.8 possible crits per minute. It doesn't matter who has the higher numbers or whatnot, but simply how many chances to crit do you have in a 1 minute period.

It takes into account volume of crits and relative crit rates, allowing you to formulate a good estimate. However, you have to consider that all the crits could come in clusters, forcing you to have a 3 stack twice a minute rather than the entire minute. Lots of probability stuff.

R.I.P. YARG

What gherkin says makes sense but I look at it this way.
    The uptime will be 7 sec and will be renewed every time a crit takes place.
    So if you can have more then 60 / 7 = 8.57 crits a minute average you are a valid target for my DI.

I solo as an demon but dungeon / raid as an affliction lock.
    I put up my DI on healing druid as first choice and shadow priest or other druid as a second choice.
    If the healer or DPS gets 9% bonus haste I am happy for I did my job well.
    If I get the 9% bonus in return I am happy but I am also happy if I get just 3% bonus back.

And to the people that were complaining about this buff.
    Blizz can never assume we have the full 12% buff up all the time and should not reduce us for having it up to 12% when it happens.
    We have our normal ramp up time as normal but we can get some bonus damage done if we choose right with our buff but that is not certain.
    The only right you have is to complain about the extra noise you get from when you or your DI target crits with a DoT/HoT spell.

@ ^
    reposting this:

Rejoice my fellow warlocks, I have found the solution to the dark intent sound spam! after alot of file digging and testing, I found the filename for it.

SPELL_WL_FocusShadow_Impact_01.ogg, all the way up to a total of 5, with changing the number in the name, SPELL_WL_FocusShadow_Impact_02.ogg etc.

to completely silence this spell, do the following:

go to world of warcraft/data/ and create a folder named Sound, inside this folder create another folder named Spells.
    open up notepad, dont write anything in it, click save as, use the dark intent file name above as its save name, and put inside the spells folder, repeat this until you have done this for all 5 of the versions

profit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathKoil View Post
    The buff is only 7 seconds currently. That doesn't seem like much time to get it to stack at early gear levels. But this is going to be a huge scaling buff to warlocks since as everyone's gear gets better, so does the uptime of Dark Intent and stacks. Warlocks needed scaling buffs through all of WotLK. Step in the right direction IMO.

DK
    deps who you put it on. If its resto druid, boomkin, affli lock, shadow priest, fire mage youll almost always have 3 stacks. On my lock i have ~27-30% crit with dots due to talents

---------- Post added 2010-12-15 at 08:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bor de Wolf View Post
    What gherkin says makes sense but I look at it this way.
    The uptime will be 7 sec and will be renewed every time a crit takes place.
    So if you can have more then 60 / 7 = 8.57 crits a minute average you are a valid target for my DI.

I solo as an demon but dungeon / raid as an affliction lock.
    I put up my DI on healing druid as first choice and shadow priest or other druid as a second choice.
    If the healer or DPS gets 9% bonus haste I am happy for I did my job well.
    If I get the 9% bonus in return I am happy but I am also happy if I get just 3% bonus back.

And to the people that were complaining about this buff.
    Blizz can never assume we have the full 12% buff up all the time and should not reduce us for having it up to 12% when it happens.
    We have our normal ramp up time as normal but we can get some bonus damage done if we choose right with our buff but that is not certain.
    The only right you have is to complain about the extra noise you get from when you or your DI target crits with a DoT/HoT spell.
    I advise you read spell tooltip as you completely messed up what the spell does.

you and target gets 3% HASTE and every time either of you CRITS with HOT/DOT the other gets +3% DoTDMG/HoTHeal stacking up to 3 times for a total of 9%

Warlock DI each other? I don't think so

[QUOTE=Killyox;9796828]deps who you put it on. If its resto druid, boomkin, affli lock, shadow priest, fire mage youll almost always have 3 stacks. On my lock i have ~27-30% crit with dots due to talents

---------- Post added 2010-12-15 at 08:36 AM ----------

we've already established that putting di on any lock denies the opportunity for the dot/healing buff to someone else. Think of it this way, if 2 warlocks put di on each other, they'll get 3% haste (x2) and the dot buff to 9%. so 2 people have the 9% dot buff. Now, if those same to locks cast their DI's on say, a shadow priest and a resto druid, ALL FOUR players will have 3% haste AND the 9% dot buff. Instead of 2 people having the 9% dot/hot buff, 4 people do now (because a player can't have the 9% dot buff twice, it doesn't stack, and tbh, idk if it overwrites, but this would only exacerbate my point).

Share your di, putting di on a warlock is just stupid imo.

I advise you read spell tooltip as you completely messed up what the spell does.

you and target gets 3% HASTE and every time either of you CRITS with HOT/DOT the other gets +3% DoTDMG/HoTHeal stacking up to 3 times for a total of 9%

i just love DI!
    always put it on your resto druid -> 100% uptime for you..
    shadowpriest keeps whining, but some extra strong hots is nice and shadow wont provide same uptime.

10+ Year Old Account
    u can put DI on any class except arcane mages. Its even better to put it on ur imp instead of arcane mages as arcane mages have no dots at all.