Guild issues...got myself in a bind need some help

I recently left my guild due to lack of progression and the fact that they had transitioned from a hardcore raiding guild to a casual guild. Only problem is while we were falling behind in progression I also fell behind in raiding experience and gear. Not sure what to do now due to the fact it'll be hard to get into any serious raiding guild at this point. Any assistance would be helpful. Thank you.

Server: Kirin Tor Toon: Midgetdk
    (I'm in mostly 264 items with a couple of 251 tier pieces left to replace, but problem is most guilds are looking for 277's and heroic experience which my guild never progressed to)
    Last edited by Taeloria; 2010-07-23 at 04:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pug until you can get covered with t10, and then App to some of the more serious guilds on your server. Assuming you gear properly, they will take you seriously.

I'd say at this point, start looking for a guild for Cataclysm. The expansion isn't far off, and any gear you might get in ICC would be outdated pretty soon.
    Vol'jin Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Vol'jin
    Ya will spend ya reign glancin' over ya shoulda and fearin' tha shadows, for when tha time comes and ya blood be slowly drainin' out, ya will know exactly who fired da arrow dat pierced ya heart.
    Where is your Garrosh now?

NO SMART FOR YOU

I think most guilds stuck at 7-9/12 heroic ICC 25 are suffering from lack of people showing up. If you're a class that can possibly heal, use that to get your foot in the door. Other then that, if you honestly and I mean HONESTLY know your class (and don't just "think" you know it), your gear shouldn't keep you from getting into a progression guild in need of members.

Do your absolute best in all pugs, your reputation can mean a lot. You never know if that DK alt in your pug is from one of the top guilds. Also be sure to fill out all guild applications with complete comprehensive sentences. They seem to be rather anal about that sort of thing. >_>