15+ Year Old Account

Question Are You Retiring Anything?

Just wondering if anyone is planning on retiring any of their toons. I currently have five 80s and am working towards two more (a 78 and a 76), but in Cataclysm, I intend to roll a Worgen on my second account and to retire my druid (72), paladin (70) and death knight (80), as these classes don't appeal to me (I can get similar gameplay from my other toons, which I enjoy a lot more). I will also decide whether I want to continue levelling my warlock (33, heirlooms and blues) or not.

I think that six classes is a lot more manageable than all ten. Trying to juggle even six will be a mission for a casual player. Anyone else retiring any of their toons? Planning to replace your main? Rolling your first alt?

For the record, the classes I intend to take to 85 are: 80 Human mage (my main), 80 Draenei priest (best geared), 80 Draenei warrior, 80 Human rogue, 78 Draenei shaman (80 by Cata), 76 Night Elf hunter (also 80 by Cata). My Worgen will overlap, class-wise, as I plan on levelling a hunter (though on my other account, as I said); but chances are I won't take him past level 58 -- will have to wait and see. I also intend to race-change my Draenei warrior to Worgen so that I have at least one Worgen on my primary account.
    For the Alliance!

I do plan on starting over with Cataclysm so I guess I'm "retiring" my DK. I'm skeptical to just give up and quit her, though. She has the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth, Chopper, almost all the general achievements, The Violet Proto Drake, Over 100 mounts and the 75 pet achievement. She also has almost full Tier 9 ( I quit the game when ICC was released ).

Going back to a level 1 without a 310% mount and all those achievements is going to be SO brutal. The Traveler's Tundra Mammoth is so awesome for leveling.

definitely retiring either my priest or mage. i just don't play them ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a night elf warrior I'll be retiring in the interest of rerolling a goblin warrior from scratch. I've fallen out of practice with the class (haven't played her since late in the Wrath beta) and figure it'll be easier to just re-learn it from the get-go in Cataclysm.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know.. I like to level alts.. I might bench my paladin for a little while and maybe my warrior two so I can concentrate on my Rogue and Shaman.

It's always good too atleast get to to max level for the professions though..

By biggest concern is the realm, not necessarily my character. My realm (Area 52) is heavily heavily underpopulated at the moment on Alliance side. Even with the introduction of Worgen, I don't think it will be enough to save the server. I can stay on Area 52 and play my new character with full Heirloom gear or start completely from scratch on a more versatile realm and level the old fashioned way.

Hmm.. What to do..

for the most part my older characters are doing a form of retirement, that is, there professions are too usefull to just abandon them (mining/herbalism/enchanting/tailoring) so ill pretty much be leveling them to max for there professions, allowing my other characters to take more entertaining professions combinations (JC/engineering for example)

so my two out of my 3 current 80's are retiring, DK/mage/shaman...shamans looking like the strong candidate so far from viewing the talents thus far.

I'm retiring my former raiding healer, a priest who never made it past 71 in this expac. Here I come Tauren Priest!
    WTB Ability to have a picture for my SIG!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in a bit of a pickle in this regard.

I'm gonna have 7 80's (even though two are Paladins) to choose from, if everything goes according to plan, 5 if everything doesn't. Then, I'd like to level at least 2 more characters at some point. So I'll be up to 9 characters (8 classes). Goes without saying at least one will be leveled to 85 though, I'd like to have about 4 level 85 toons (1 dedicated PvE tank - likely my DK, 1 dedicated PvE healer - likely my Priest, 1 dedicated PvE DPS - likely my Druid, and 1 dedicated PvP'er - likely my Hunter).

The thought of leaving my Warlock that I've 'main-ed' for about 2.5 years is tough but, I've become far more interested in my Druid. I may come back to him late in Cata but, for now...it's looking like him as well as my Paladins (which may not even be 80 at launch - may only have one - may delete >.>) are going to be shelved for most or all of Cataclysm.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will either bench my dk or disc priest for awhile til i have time to level the alt

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    I don't know.. I like to level alts.. I might bench my paladin for a little while and maybe my warrior two so I can concentrate on my Rogue and Shaman.

It's always good too atleast get to to max level for the professions though..
    If you intend to level an alt, do you plan on simply levelling gathering professions? That's what I tend to do. I have every crafting one, save for a high level blacksmith on my main account (although the warrior on my second account is maxed). If I level a fresh new Worgen toon, I will no doubt take up mining and skinning.

As far as heirloom gear is concerned, I think that the gear from standard questing and instances will be substantial. The only thing you get from heirloom gear that makes it worth having is the bonus experience gain. Considering that levelling should be easier and you will probably want to experience all of the new content, it may actually be wiser to forgo having heirloom gear on a new toon.

Yeah, retiring toons or benching them doesn't mean deleting them. Pick what you like and run with them. It can be overwhelming trying to decide what you want to play. But if you look at it from the perspective that the game is meant to be played for fun, pick the classes that you find to be the most fun to play and mix and match between them.
    For the Alliance!

Probably everything but my 80 paladin. The rest will likely be replaced by newly leveled alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having and issue in deciding what to do as well, I plas on lvling a worgen warrior or druid haven't decided yet. I have an 80mage Joeygiggles my main, my shaman Ticklemethis, my dk Gigglethis and my pally Feedbakgiven. I'm leaning towards the shaman because its so mucbh more fun to play but at times I can't just abandon my mage to much put into him. As far as the dk and pally I may just delete the dk or keep him around for gems and the pally well its nice to actually tank and with the upcoming changes maybe it'll be a bit more interesting. Also have a 70 hunter but he got sorta boring so ill wait that out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I intend on retiring my level 72 Undead Rogue. She got zero love in Wrath, and she was my main in BC :/ And my first max level character.

My current main, Prot Pally, will be downgraded to an alt. My Bear Druid will still be an alt. If I can transfer my Shaman she will be an alt. And if I can transfer/faction change my priest, she will be an alt. But that's a lot of money, so they may just be retired.

. The Artist also known as Epiphany .

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have my current main paladin that I plan to retire and re-roll a worgen warrior..paladin might just be and alt, I got couple other 80s but I feel like trying to balance them all will be too much work and theirs no fun in that. I'll just dedicate time to them in the future profession wise and gold farming.

When LK came out I retired my Feral Druid. Played him all TBC and was bored of them. Cata will probably see me retire my Holy Paladin. The new healing system and Holy Power thing will completely destroy what made Holy Paladins fun for me. I'll probably end up playing my Death Knight for Cata, although it sucks Blood is going to be the tank spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll be leveling the only 80 I have, my prot warrior. I won't be doing any of that rerolling nonsense. I might level a rogue or druid alt just to mess around with, but I've been saying that since vanilla.

well, it might sound crazy, but considering lvling up a char is a whole new experience, plan on "rerolling" all my chars beside my priest from lvl 1 again, just to experience it. :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganbai View Post
    well, it might sound crazy, but considering lvling up a char is a whole new experience, plan on "rerolling" all my chars beside my priest from lvl 1 again, just to experience it. :>
    I'll be doing each new starting zone as each class, to get the whole feel for it and to take a break from leveling a worgen hunter, a goblin warrior, a dwarf shaman, a human paladin, and an orc death knight to 85.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I retired most of my alts in Wrath. I had 6 70s at the end of BC, and only leveled 3 to 80 in Wrath.

That will go down to 2 85s in Cata. My 80 warrior is getting shelved and rerolled as a paladin. My 80 hunter is my main and is going to 85. That'll be all for me

Might roll a goblin eventually.