Thread: Question

Question

I was reading on brain freeze..
    Your Frost spells and Fireball no longer trigger Arcane Missiles. Instead, your Frost damage spells with chilling effects have a 15% chance to cause your next Fireball or Frostfire Bolt spell to be instant cast and cost no mana.

And was wondering ( this is prolly stupid but don't blame me ) If u do frost damage then u have a chance to do a FB or FFB instant w/o mana. So far so good but since FFB does frost damage aswell can't one just start spamming it and at some point he'll get in as an instant cast ?

yes. and if ur really lucky, insta followed by insta, but i assume its got internal cooldown to stop that happening

They had that issue when they changed the live Brain Freeze talent to include FFB. They never intended a BF FFB to be used to get another proc (read: OP). They originally had a 'short' ICD on BF, but usually by the time you had cast the frostbolt after gaining the proc (because you're spamming FB before BF procs due to travel delay) that ICD was over when you cast your BF FFB, allowing you to proc a second BF from the first.

They changed this within about a week to prevent FFB from proccing BF entirely. If this isn't currently implemented in the beta, my guess is that it will be by the time cata drops or shortly thereafter.

EDIT:

Though because Frost is now the FFB build starter tree, this could go either way. We do, after all, lose LB from the spec and alot of glorious fire crit % and dmg talents are now wrapped up in a mastery that you can't have if you're spec'd deep frost.
    Last edited by Potato Bus; 2010-07-23 at 02:19 PM.

With the new way the 3rd mastery for frost works you wouldnt want to just "Spam" FFB anyways because obviously you would do more dmg in PVP and PVE if you rotate your frostbolts with frostfirebolts. DURKA DUR