Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'll say this only once to all the ones who QQ without reading anything 1st.
    On live my range as fire is 41yds.
    Now there is no more talent.. I want that range to stay. Ty, have a nice day.
    Last edited by Gardod; 2010-07-23 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    Mages are the kiting class
    rofl

but seriously WHY do mages get 40 yds on all their spells and not other casters? i thought healing spells was the only stuff that was supposed to have 40 yds range
    Last edited by icecreamtruck; 2010-07-23 at 04:06 PM.

Is Blink getting 40 yard range change?! TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME

10+ Year Old Account
    this would be okay if they let rogues and maybe warriors attach chains to their weapons so they could swing em around like god of war for playstation otherwise this is just a pure removal of required skill
    dumbing the ranged classes down

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    Hunters are the kiting class.
    mage are definitely better at kiting melee

Deleted
    imo this is silly...i though 40 yard spells was healer exclusive, with a probable exception to hunters and fire mages ( but even those with talends)

i dont want to see warlocks and hunters get base range increase.. i want them to let it be as it is.. which is fine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deadmetal View Post
    fire spells could reach 41yards
    This, We actually got nerfed by 1 yard...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deadmetal View Post
    No, as you'll notice if you actually look at what changed and the live talent trees, fire spells could reach 41yards and frost could reach 35 with their respective points in the +Range talents. Stop qqing and just realize its exactly the same as live as if the +Range talents were just passive which is the WHOLE FRICKEN IDEA OF THE NEW TREES. WAAAMBULANCE
    This^ stop bitching cus we have 40 yards without talents - thats because we dont have +range talents anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by icecreamtruck View Post
    rofl

but seriously WHY do mages get 40 yds on all their spells and not other casters? i thought healing spells was the only stuff that was supposed to have 40 yds range
    eleshaman are be able to spec to 40 yards on all nukes in beta, talented because the obvious resto issues. my guess is they are going to streamline majority of nukes at 40 yards for all casters (with exception of snare nukes or nukes with talented stuns/roots maybe?) sooner or later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    This^ stop bitching cus we have 40 yards without talents - thats because we dont have +range talents anymore...
    The thing is.. that now a fire mage could cast frostbolt at 35 yards.. and a frost mage could polymorph you at 40 yards
    this is not fair at all..

i like the people here saying (40 yards is healer range not dps!!!) while they ignore (or maybe were unaware) of the 41 yard range fire mages had...

edit: however id like to see the other +range talents made baseline as well.

also people are not taking into account something blizzard has said about pvp. they are doing away with all these counters, its gotten to the point that if a mage gets a escape tool the warrior gets a gap closer, until it builds into something nonsensical.

they are going backwards in this respect, obviously balance will have to be tweaked, but its not gonna be the same as it would be if mages got 40 yard baseline RIGHT NOW.

so instead of immediately going to "omg unfair" lets wait until some pvp action is gathered.
    Last edited by aether99; 2010-07-23 at 04:16 PM.

First I wanted to write a serious answer explaining that it's nothing but merging the old range talents into existing spells but after reading the comments I assume half of the posters in this thread are either trolling or mentally retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by magicdevil09 View Post
    No, Hunters are the kite while doing un-healable damage class.
    Silly QQ mage.

Also you see, mages on live have talents on each tree to increase the range of their spells. These talents are consider super awesome in pve situations (constant movement, aoe damage, etc) and super awesome in pvp situations (I loved sniping people as a fire mage in bgs).
    Now that those talents are gone, that makes the super awesome missing! SO blizz in their bright wisdom remember to increase the range of the spells. Yay! Hope that covers your qq in a very, extremely simple formant, so that you can wrap your brain around it.
    Last edited by Frioz; 2010-07-23 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by troufas View Post
    imo this is silly...i though 40 yard spells was healer exclusive, with a probable exception to hunters and fire mages ( but even those with talends)

i dont want to see warlocks and hunters get base range increase.. i want them to let it be as it is.. which is fine
    So warlocks losing death coil, and fear having a 20 yard base, going upto a whopping 24 yards when talented is fair in comparison ?
    I think not.

I can but hope for range increase for warlocks amongst others to even that out.

10+ Year Old Account
    the fact that people are crying about this is ridiculous. blizzard said they wanted to get rid of boring talents that everyone always got so this is what they did with mages and i'm sure they will do the same with warlocks.

like someone pointed earlier the hybrids still have to spec into the range so that they cant attack and heal from the same max distance.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Don't forget hunters also get 41Y range on all talent tree's too now :P (don't even need to spec into it)

Quote Originally Posted by icecreamtruck View Post
    rofl

Because Mages are the bestest caster class ever and being master Arcanists, they should be able to cast spells from faraway.

---------- Post added 2010-07-23 at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frioz View Post
    Silly QQ mage.

Also you see, mages on live have talents on each tree to increase the range of their spells. These talents are consider super awesome in pve situations (constant movement, aoe damage, etc) and super awesome in pvp situations (I loved sniping people as a fire mage in bgs).
    Now that those talents are gone, that makes the super awesome missing! SO blizz in their bright wisdom remember to increase the range of the spells. Yay! Hope that covers your qq in a very, extremely simple formant, so that you can wrap your brain around it.
    Here is the problem. You assume he has a brain.

They already did this for Hunters as well. I fully expect Warlocks to get the same treatment. They want to get rid of range talents for all pure dps classes.

The only classes that should still have a range talent are, Moonkin, Elemental Shaman, and Shadow Priests. This is so that the healer and melee specs don't get increased range as well.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've only caught about half the Cata stuff coming out and don't have Beta, so I'm sort of clueless... are mages the only DPS caster class getting this? My main's a 'lock, and I'm curious if we're getting the extra range base as well (since our +range talents disappeared).