Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainsTheMachine View Post
    I find it so funny that people think that you'll have to goto the store and get cataclysm and that you'll be able to pre-order it. Cataclysm is a PATCH, it's affects everyone with cataclysm and people with out it. So you're not going to be able to go to your local game store and get it, you're going to have to download it via a patch just like everyone else. I had the funniest arrangement with some stupid guildy of mine who was convinced that people who haven't gotten the cataclysm expansion wouldn't have to patch for the new cataclysm changes, long story short it was one of those I told you so moments. Oh the sweet taste of victory

Alright, I'll bite.

This whole arguement or in your case "arrangement" is null and void, due to the fact that the OP is trying for world/server first FOS. Yes everyone will be effected by the Cata "patch", but you can not get the FOS and lvl to max lvl without actually buying the expansion. And yes it is an expansion, blizz has stated numerous times even at blizzcon that it is an expansion just like all their other addons to the game.
    OP was simply trying to find a way to where they could log on as soon as the content became playable and grind their happy ass to lvl 85. And yes OP amazon has a tendecy to drop off the game up to 5 days early(from personal experience), might be sooner though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    And, on a more hostile sidenote that I can't put in a news post. Seriously, who the fuck takes mmowned as a reliable source to the point where news sites will just repost it without any double check? Now I'm sad, or mad, or both. I don't know. >
    Thanks Boub for this epic sig! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    What's the issue with pre-ordering?

You're still paying the same price, and most of the time you can even score free shipping as well.
    There's nothing to ship and or install cataclysm is a PATCH, I can't tell if you're just a fail troll or you just don't understand.

---------- Post added 2010-07-25 at 04:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Begottenson View Post
    Alright, I'll bite.

This whole arguement or in your case "arrangement" is null and void, due to the fact that the OP is trying for world/server first FOS. Yes everyone will be effected by the Cata "patch", but you can not get the FOS and lvl to max lvl without actually buying the expansion. And yes it is an expansion, blizz has stated numerous times even at blizzcon that it is an expansion just like all their other addons to the game.
    OP was simply trying to find a way to where they could log on as soon as the content became playable and grind their happy ass to lvl 85. And yes OP amazon has a tendecy to drop off the game up to 5 days early(from personal experience), might be sooner though.
    Ment to type argument, stupid spell correcter thingy

Yes but you don't need to pre-order it, like goto best buy and reserve a copy.....they might be doing where you can pre-upgrade your account to cata so right when it's released you can play.
    Reserving = Pre-ordering

What is the point of realm first? just curious

Okay I really don't think you people understand this. Cataclysm isn't like previous expansions, you're not going to have to camp out and or reserve a copy at your local gaming store. Cataclysm is a patch, whether you're bran new to WoW around the time that Cataclysm is released or you've been playing WoW for a while, you're still going to have to download the patch. There is nothing to pre-order other then if Blizzard is pre-releasing key codes to pre-upgrade your account to Cataclysm so you can immediately start playing when Cataclysm content is released. If you don't have Cataclysm you're obviously not going to be able to access any of t he Cataclysm features until you upgrade. Like is there something confusing about this or am I just getting trolled?

The stupid tonight astounds me.

There's nothing to ship and or install cataclysm is a PATCH, I can't tell if you're just a fail troll or you just don't understand.[COLOR="red"]
    The Old World changes are patched.

The Worgen and Goblin starting zones, the new battlegrounds, the new leveling zones ALL need to be BOUGHT through buying the expansion, and installed into the game files, just like the last two.
    Last edited by sabredragon; 2010-07-25 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Clarification

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing to ship and or install cataclysm is a PATCH, I can't tell if you're just a fail troll or you just don't understand.

Ment to type argument, stupid spell correcter thingy
    Calling others trolls when you can't type for shit, and seem to not want to drop a topic of discussion people clearly haven't taken to?

-You would still need a CD key, full-stop.
    -You would still have to obtain the Cataclysm data, either via a disk or a download.
    -And you would still not be able to play until the "switch" is flipped.

By buying it online, to save going to the shop ( -.- ) or pre-ordering it, you've lost yourself the box-art and the rest that could come with it. For the sake of what? For the sake of the data you need not needing to be on a digital disc.

The OP's intent of the thread was clearly to question whether anybody was aware of suppliers that could ship ahead of the release date, for the sake of preparation. If you're still failing to see that, simply do yourself a favour and stop frequenting the thread.

Also, *meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Duke
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Heart GS View Post
    I remember a guy like you who used to go around forcing his beliefs on others. He started up a few camps in Germany back in the 40s and it didn't turn out well for him in the end.

Let this be a warning to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay I really don't think you people understand this. Cataclysm isn't like previous expansions, you're not going to have to camp out and or reserve a copy at your local gaming store. Cataclysm is a patch, whether you're bran new to WoW around the time that Cataclysm is released or you've been playing WoW for a while, you're still going to have to download the patch. There is nothing to pre-order other then if Blizzard is pre-releasing key codes to pre-upgrade your account to Cataclysm so you can immediately start playing when Cataclysm content is released. If you don't have Cataclysm you're obviously not going to be able to access any of t he Cataclysm features until you upgrade. Like is there something confusing about this or am I just getting trolled?
    Your confusing the 4.0 Cata pre-patch with the actual content that comes on the DVD of the game that you have to physically buy for $40. Its up to you if you want to digitally download Cata or buy it online/from the store, but either way you HAVE to install the content from the Cata disk just like you had to from Wotlk. Nothing about the Cata install will be different than the TBC and Wotlk expansions other than having more options on how you want to buy it. The 4.0 pre-patch will NOT let you play Cata even if you had a Cata keycode.

And btw, each expansion also has a pre-patch before release (2.0, 3.0).

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Quote Originally Posted by G_A View Post
    Calling others trolls when you can't type for shit, and seem to not want to drop a topic of discussion people clearly haven't taken to?

-You would still need a CD key, full-stop.
    -You would still have to obtain the Cataclysm data, either via a disk or a download.
    -And you would still not be able to play until the "switch" is flipped.

By buying it online, to save going to the shop ( -.- ) or pre-ordering it, you've lost yourself the box-art and the rest that could come with it. For the sake of what? For the sake of the data you need not needing to be on a digital disc.

The OP's intent of the thread was clearly to question whether anybody was aware of suppliers that could ship ahead of the release date, for the sake of preparation. If you're still failing to see that, simply do yourself a favour and stop frequenting the thread.

Also, *meant.
    How can I not type for shit? I don't really have that many spelling mistakes >.>

---------- Post added 2010-07-25 at 04:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    Your confusing the 4.0 Cata pre-patch with the actual content that comes on the DVD of the game that you have to physically buy for $40. Its up to you if you want to digitally download Cata or buy it online/from the store, but either way you HAVE to install the content from the Cata disk just like you had to from Wotlk. Nothing about the Cata install will be different than the TBC and Wotlk expansions other than having more options on how you want to buy it. The 4.0 pre-patch will NOT let you play Cata even if you had a Cata keycode.
    Yea I did, I feel umpiste now >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    It's funny you think that they're gonna let people without the expansion into the new zones, or level past 80, or do new dungeons. In short, kindly stfu unless you actually have some evidence to say otherwise, especially when there's multiple blue posts debunking your theory.
    l2 read the post of above yours

l2 read the post of above yours
    l2 not rage at mods when you're the one who's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    l2 not rage at mods when you're the one who's wrong.
    I admited I was wrong buddy. It's not raging it's him being a retard for not reading

I admited I was wrong buddy. It's not raging it's him being a retard for not reading
    Seriously? More insults. You were wrong, stop raging over it.

This is false. The talents and stuff will be going in a patch, the old world changes will also likely be patched. But there is FAR more than that in this expansion and forcing the 12 GBs of this expansion entirely as a patch is just silly. Not to mention Blizzard wouldn't screw retailers like this, as they would likely retaliate by not selling Blizzard products. It's like nuclear weapons, Mutually Assured Destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by laevateinn101 View Post
    Seriously? More insults. You were wrong, stop raging over it.
    lolumaD?

Can you just ban this guy Syn? Please? I'll ship you a cookie!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirti View Post
    Oh noes, people can't just make another account >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Dirti View Post
    He could just buy a cookie off Amazon and get it 5 days early... I choose that option.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it so funny that people think that you'll have to __goto__ the store and get __cataclysm__ and that you'll be able to pre-order it. Cataclysm is a PATCH, __it's__ affects everyone with __cataclysm__ and people __with out__ it. So you're not going to be able to go to your local game store and get it, you're going to have to download it via a patch just like everyone else. I had the funniest argument with some stupid guildy of mine who was convinced that people who haven't gotten the __cataclysm__ expansion wouldn't have to patch for the new __cataclysm__ changes, long story short it was one of those I told you so moments. Oh the sweet taste of victory
    Yes but you don't need to pre-order it, like goto __best buy__ and reserve a copy.....__they might be doing where you can__ pre-upgrade your account to __cata__ so right when it's released you can play.
    There's nothing to ship and or install__*__ __cataclysm__ is a PATCH, I can't tell if you're just a fail troll or you just don't understand.

__Ment__ to type argument, stupid spell correcter thingy
    Okay I really don't think you people understand this. Cataclysm isn't like previous expansions, you're not going to have to camp out and or reserve a copy at your local gaming store. Cataclysm is a patch, whether you're __bran__ new to WoW around the time that Cataclysm is released or you've been playing WoW for a while, you're still going to have to download the patch. There is nothing to pre-order other __then__ if Blizzard is pre-releasing key codes to pre-upgrade your account to Cataclysm so you can immediately start playing when Cataclysm content is released. If you don't have Cataclysm you're obviously not going to be able to access any of t he Cataclysm features until you upgrade. Like is there something confusing about this or am I just getting trolled?
    How can I not type for shit? I don't really have that many spelling mistakes >.>

---------- Post added 2010-07-25 at 04:44 AM ----------

Yea I did, I feel __umpiste__ now >_<

And to go through some of your other posts..

And the __worgen__ cat form just looks like the __tauren__ cat form imo__*__
    Worgens are lame, all the annoying __twilight__ fans are going to be all over it. I'm switching back to __horde__ when __cataclysm__ comes to hopefully avoid the idiot rush. Anyway how leet is __troll__ kitty form going to look!
    It used to be 5% stam, back in the day__*__
    Me too
    __I was originally a horde__, but was kinda forced to __alliance__ to play with friends, but they don't play anymore so I'm totally switching back to __horde__ __*__^_^
    And they were just the first few of your recent posts. I nearly enjoyed this..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Duke
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Heart GS View Post
    I remember a guy like you who used to go around forcing his beliefs on others. He started up a few camps in Germany back in the 40s and it didn't turn out well for him in the end.

Let this be a warning to you.

Sorry for getting off topic before. On topic, I ordered TBC from Amazon and it arrived 3 days after release, so...

If you're willing to take the risk of getting it late, or willing to buy a second copy(you could probably sell or return the first copy) if it doesn't arrive early, go ahead and pre-order. Otherwise, just go to the midnight release like everyone else. If you do decide to go get it rl, I suggest stopping by places like walmart and stuff earlier in the day to see if you can get your hands on it before the actual release. If you know a guy, this will also probably happen .