Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Sub need Energy Regen ability

I think the last thing sub need right now is some way to regen energy like mut or combat. Something like when entering stealth the energy regen rate increase by 100%, it fits to the subletly style.
    Thoughts?

I think sub needs a nerf.
    Never look into the eyes of a horse.
    Your soul will forever be lost in the void of a horse.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have one. It's called Relentless Strikes. Been there for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siton View Post
    I think sub needs a nerf.
    the other way around buff it

to the OP sublety has a talent called resentless strikes (wotlk)5/5 gives 20% chance per combo point to give 25energy.with the HoT ability you make combo points like crazy and you mostly only use finishing moves at 5cp so you always get 25energy when using it.
    in cata resentless strikes gives same effect it'so nly a 3pointer now. sublety don't need a energy regen talent what they need is a damage buff.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Deleted
    they already buffed sub dmg... in cata backstab does 170% wep dmg instead of 150%, not sure if that will be enough though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Logic is not Automatic, it can be denied.
    Quote Originally Posted by oromiselda View Post
    they already buffed sub dmg... in cata backstab does 170% wep dmg instead of 150%, not sure if that will be enough though.
    Wat I find interesting is that ambush doesn't need a dagger anymore but backstab does.

If this doesn't get changed I'm guessing rogues will be keeping some larger slow weapon in there bag and macroing it with shadowdance so they switch weapons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.X View Post
    Wat I find interesting is that ambush doesn't need a dagger anymore but backstab does.

If this doesn't get changed I'm guessing rogues will be keeping some larger slow weapon in there bag and macroing it with shadowdance so they switch weapons.
    Ambush damage is normalized, so there's no need to weapon swap. It should do around the same damage no matter what weapon u use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.X View Post

lol? to ambush something you don't need a dagger, you can ambush your prey with any weaopn, but to backstab, thats a daggers job.

backstab buff was primarily because of muti rogues, its to make "murderous intent" viable.
    my resource is yellow!

10+ Year Old Account
    the backstab buff is also usable for sub rogues.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Backstabbing with a mace sounds kind of bad-ass...

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Ambush damage is normalized, so there's no need to weapon swap. It should do around the same damage no matter what weapon u use.
    unless you use daggers, then the damage will be more.

10+ Year Old Account
    You aren't very bright, are you Sasuke?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSoup View Post
    They have one. It's called Relentless Strikes. Been there for a while.
    Yes, and the other specs take it too. Sub needs a sub specific energy regen talent i think is the point the Op is trying to make.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterSoup View Post
    You aren't very bright, are you Sasuke?
    Why? he is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleed View Post
    Why? he is right.
    With equal dps weapons the damage from a dagger (1.8speed) and a sword/fist/mace axe (2.5speed) should be about the same, that's what normalized means...

no, he's wrong

(edit: this is in regards to ambush damage)
    Last edited by waxen; 2010-07-24 at 08:19 PM.

but on the other hand... sub can generate combo points quicker
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by waxen View Post
    With equal dps weapons the damage from a dagger (1.8speed) and a sword/fist/mace axe (2.5speed) should be about the same, that's what normalized means...

no, he's wrong
    He is fucking right, in catalcysm ambush damage is buffed.

I think he means that while daggers do get a higher coefficent when they use ambush this does not result in daggers doing more damage with ambush then say an axe because the damage range of an axe is higher then a dagger. So it is normalized, it's just like how FoK works and evens out do to different damage ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by waxen View Post

no, he's wrong

(edit: this is in regards to ambush damage)
    Um No in this case your wrong

Ambush
    8 Ambush the target, causing 190% weapon damage plus 699.105 to the target (274.93% plus 1011.863 if a dagger is equipped). Must be stealthed and behind the target. Awards 2 combo points.
    60 Energy, 5 yd range, Instant