Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    An ignorant (since you don't know anything about German debit cards but still talk about the topic) troll calling someone with valid points an ignorant troll is........priceless
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by raw_toe View Post
    Just curious, how do you pay your monthly subscription fee for WoW? I can't imagine mailing them a check each month ><.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maerad View Post
    If I want to buy something online I use my direct debit, pay upfront, use paypal or - like I pay the wow fee - I just do it over the phone bill.
    Edit:
    Music from

First video
    0:15 -
    2:24 -
    3:49 -
    6:20 - Two Steps From Hell - Protectors Of The Earth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlL_-5VfQJI

Second
    0:00 -
    2:20 - Two Steps From Hell - Invincible
    Last edited by Girlyman; 2010-07-25 at 08:05 AM.

Deleted
    As soon one else mentioned I don't think you can go wrong with a prepaid credit card. You can't spend what you don't have so can't get in debt with it, but it's accepted wherever a credit card is. There are some fees, but they tend to be small and only when you purchase the card or when you're buying something (mine for ezample charges around 30p for every £10 spent). I've been using one for over a year and I've never had a problem buying anything from Blizzard, or anywhere else for that matter. I know you can get them in the UK, but more than likely they're available in other parts of Europe too.

I actually came here though to quote this as no one seems to have picked up on it:
    Anyone who orders the event will also receive this year's BlizzCon-exclusive World of Warcraft in-game item. In addition, for the first time, BlizzCon 2010 Virtual Ticket holders will have access to exclusive BlizzCon merchandise.
    The in-game item is no surprise, but exclusive BlizzCon merchandise is intriguing...

Quote Originally Posted by Lazertrooper View Post
    debit cards work as credit cards on the internet, either you are trolling, or you are ignorant, or debit cards in your country suck donkey ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazertrooper View Post
    And is it my fault that people are retarded enough to give the same name to different things? And no, I'm not even from the US, and even our crappy debit cards can be used online.
    Please look up credit and debit card on wikipedia, two whole different systems. On a debit card the ammount gets charged right after the sale, the credit card does one huge charge per month. Then - the CC I had so far - had a montly fee I don't want to pay (after all I only need a debit card here to buy something at the store or get money), you were charged a HIGH fee for getting money at the cash terminal and even some transactions had a fee.

WHEN I buy something online, I use my debit card - no need for a CC (usually). And I only buy things in the EU, not overseas, so I don't need a CC there either.

And btw. I NEVER said I can't pay with it online - works fine in any EU land - it's just not a credit card, it's a different bank system in the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by raw_toe View Post
    Just curious, how do you pay your monthly subscription fee for WoW? I can't imagine mailing them a check each month ><.
    anyway, your best option is going to be to get a friend with a card to just buy the authenticator for you. It's not that expensive, pay them in cash and get them a beer for their trouble.
    Dude ...

[ ] I did read the previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerad View Post
    We just don't need a credit card here. If I want to buy something online I use my direct debit, pay upfront, use paypal or - like I pay the wow fee - I just do it over the phone bill.
    And the friend thing won't work, because of all ppl I know here (nope, not a social standalone ) NOBODY got a CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiki420 View Post
    The solution here would be... to get a credit card.
    I like how all of you keep claiming that such a low percentage of Europeans have credit cards, as if that is keeping you from getting one yourself.
    As I said before, you don't need a CC here and I don't want to get one for just one payment. You have to give a fuckload of information to you CC giver and I don't want to pay the monthly fee etc.

Would you get a CC, give all the information away, pay the transaction and monthly fees etc. pp. if you just wanna buy an auth for 6.99 €? (Remember, you don't need a CC in the european union)

Quote Originally Posted by foogy View Post
    I find it strange that not more people have credit cards nowadays. [..] I live in Norway, so being a regular customer in Sweden and Denmark is a standard, and I've never been denied using my Visa. So maybe you should stop including Europe in your crusade against credit cards. Everyone I know owns a Visa.
    You got me wrong there - I NEVER said CC sucks or something like that. CC are fine and you can use them in the european union, but you DON'T need them here. Everyone in the EU got a debit card and can pay with it online and in other states of the EU. The best is - it's charged directly of your account and usually no monthly / transaction fee. And it's accepted almost everywhere. So WHY should I get a credit card with all of it's downsites (in respect to the debit card I already have - has upsides too, no flame here )?

And may I remember you that Norway is NOT a part of the european union and so not in our banking system? Guess you can't buy anything in sweden or denmark with your debit card. That's why your country uses credit cards (world wide system) and should have a way better conditions to get one.

I NEVER said anything aginst credit cards, I was complaining about their lack of payment options - it's just blizzard and their stupid shop. I can pay my monthly fee by direct debit off my account, wire transfer, paypal, per phone bill etc. - why can't I use those options in their shop? And for the "why not get a cc then" just read the stuff I wrote above ...
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    I NEVER said anything aginst credit cards, I was complaining about their lack of payment options - it's just blizzard and their stupid shop. I can pay my monthly fee by direct debit off my account, wire transfer, paypal, per phone bill etc. - why can't I use those options in their shop? And for the "why not get a cc then" just read the stuff I wrote above ...[/b]
    There are just two options for you chap. Get a credit card or quit complaining.

Just got to read this post, and I have a couple concerns with the way they're changing Prot Paladins at the moment.

1 - they're taking away the daze from Avenger's Shield, which I LOVE for PvE, but I really hope they add a Glyph to add the daze affect back. I like to PvP from time to time as Prot and that daze has been quite helpful there

2 - I don't really understand the design decision with block, comparing Warriors to Paladins. The post said Warriors would get 15% passive, but Paladins need to generate 3 charges of Holy Power and use Holy Shield to get that. Didn't they say Paladins would be blocking more often, and Warriors would be blocking more at a time (allbeit randomly)? Would have thought the 2 classes would be at least on par with each other on block, if not Paladins having more than Warriors.

Deleted
    I had to register to combat some of the stupid in this thread.

The statement "you need a credit card to order an authenticator" is WRONG. It's not a valid starting point for a discussion.

You need a card, debit or credit, marked "VISA" or "MasterCard". Now, in Europe credit cards are not common. DEBIT cards with one of those options are VERY common. I know some countries, mainly UK, got fooled by your banks into getting a domestic variant which nobody else is using but that situation is being rectified. In Sweden however, debit cards with VISA or MC attached are used by a good 90% of the population. Among my friends, the number is 100%. Everyone I know has at least one card which can be used to buy an authenticator (or order other stuff online).

And, Norwegians with a VISA debit card can use that in 97% of shops in Sweden, so foogy is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizball View Post
    The statement "you need a credit card to order an authenticator" is WRONG. It's not a valid starting point for a discussion.

You need a card, debit or credit, marked "VISA" or "MasterCard". Now, in Europe credit cards are not common. DEBIT cards with one of those options are VERY common. I know some countries, mainly UK, got fooled by your banks into getting a domestic variant which nobody else is using but that situation is being rectified. In Sweden however, debit cards with VISA or MC attached are used by a good 90% of the population. Among my friends, the number is 100%. Everyone I know has at least one card which can be used to buy an authenticator (or order other stuff online).
    And, Norwegians with a VISA debit card can use that in 97% of shops in Sweden, so foogy is correct.
    First of all, you misunderstood me - if there is a VISA or Mastercard logo on it, it goes with the international credit card insitutes by that name. Of course he can buy something with that. I meant with his national debit card system without the visa/mastercard (if there even is one).

I'm talking (mostly) about germany here - we got a national debit card system called "electonic cash" with an additional Maestro system so we can pay something outside germany. This is the standard here, because it's cheaper and your not charged for transactions and in most cases you don't have a monthly fee to pay. I can pay with it online over the "lastschrift" system (direct debit?) or some other ways. But it's not a credit card or has that function. That should be the same within the EU (at least I know for france and austria).

My main problem is, that even with a prepaid CC I have to give some info away, are bound to a contract for at least one year, have to pay a yearly/monthly fee for it and they charge the transactions I do. (cheapest I found was 25 € / year).

So for one auth. for 6.99€ I have to pay the damn fee etc.? Actually I don't need a credit card here anyway, so that's why I'm so pissed about it. Tell me WHY they offer tons of payment options for the montly wow fee but only the cards in their shop? I WANT to use one, but there is just no other way to get one next to the damn store.
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5

/Signs list of adults without credit cards.. 21 Here.

They should include an authenticator with a cataclysm/deathwing design with the collector edition of cataclysm.

As others have said, this business with needing to put an authenticator key to use the forums is a pretty stupid idea.

The trouble is, that many / all hacked accounts nowadays are done by the hacker putting a fake authenticator on the account. This prevents the actual account holder from accessing the account, thus allowing the hacker to clear everything out, un-interrupted. Preventing people from posting on the support forums, then, is a pretty bad idea.

And yeh, this would be why authenticators sell pretty well... no it's not some conspiracy, this is actually how accounts get hacked nowadays.

so much misinformation in this thread, and also bizarrely heated arguments about.. finance.

+1 to all the clowns who've helped create this beauty

personal highlight was when some guy started ripping on someone else's country's banking system. pro

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to know what the bonus item is before I commit to this.

who wants to pay for PPV?

Those videos were awesome. makes me want to change to horde seeing that they are kicking ass in kalimdor. But then again that arch druid with the tornado seem pretty pissed.

Deleted
    Muffins <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by one_entity View Post
    Wonder what the ingame item will be, hope not another pet, already got over a 100 of them.... Hope it'll be something awesome like the murloc suit couple years ago.
    If you havn't read the MMO post already its the Deathchin murloc, Deathy, yes another pet but im not complaining it looks awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I got the Blizzcon Virtual Ticket. But it says that you won't get your code for 'Deathy' until 6 to 8 WEEKS!!!! after the event????? Is this normal?