Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    I was laughing so god damn hard when people saw the Dark Knight and thought that the Joker was making a WoW reference when he spoke of the immovable object and unstoppable force. People are dumb.
    I loved this as well. An ancient paradox that people thought originated in WoW....

I was laughing so god damn hard when people saw the Dark Knight and thought that the Joker was making a WoW reference when he spoke of the immovable object and unstoppable force. People are dumb.
    The best one was people on wowhead posting that the Hallowed Be Thy Name meta achievement was a reference to the Iron Maiden song.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well blizz probably implemented this because of the whole blood elf paradox. In lore only 5% of there race was left, yet in game we see quite the opposite. With the ability and need to create more worgen, it won't be as ridiculous to see a bunch of them running around

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post

The unstoppable force bounces off the immovable object in a perfectly elastic collision. No contradiction from a logic perspective, though physicians might be a bit uneasy with my casual usage of a perfectly elastic collision... but then, they'd probably be too busy being upset about the objects, so it works out

The problem is in a perfectly elastic collision, there is a point at which it hits the immovable object where its velocity hits 0. At this point it has stopped, its potential energy is still huge causing it to bounce elastically backwards BUT it has still stopped for that moment and therefore cannot be an unstoppable force any longer.

That's why it is an unsolvable ancient paradox..... Trying to be smarter than you are= bad.

Not apt. An immovable object and an unstoppable force can not coexist within the same space.

Really, if a Forsaken ate a Worgen they would just be healed. Like with anything else.
    When you cannibalize a mob, you actually strip the flesh off, clean the meat, and remove any veins/skin/fur and roast it on an open flame. All of this happens in less than one second. Forsaken are very clean and efficient eaters.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    The best one was people on wowhead posting that the Hallowed Be Thy Name meta achievement was a reference to the Iron Maiden song.
    But I'm sure we can all agree Iron Maiden is a tad more important than the Bible.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    When you cannibalize a mob, you actually strip the flesh off, clean the meat, and remove any veins/skin/fur and roast it on an open flame. All of this happens in less than one second. Forsaken are very clean and efficient eaters.
    I'm not sure I believe that

Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    But I'm sure we can all agree Iron Maiden is a tad more important than the Bible.
    Toilet paper is a tad more important than the bible, but that is neither here nor there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenmr View Post
    The problem is in a perfectly elastic collision, there is a point at which it hits the immovable object where its velocity hits 0. At this point it has stopped, its potential energy is still huge causing it to bounce elastically backwards BUT it has still stopped for that moment and therefore cannot be an unstoppable force any longer.

That's why it is an unsolvable ancient paradox..... Trying to be smarter than you are= bad.
    maybe this goes into the same niche as the "total reflexion" where the light reflects of a surface between two matierals under a certain angle. commonly one might wonder how the light knew that the other matieral had said properties without ever having been there, but physics tells us that the light acutally penetrates the other material for a few nanometers.
    so it could lead to the unstopable force actually going into the immovable object und rebounding without ever having stopped
    The other thing is, what is immovable? if only its center of mass has to stay at the same point, than no problem, cause it could just deform elasticly and reroute the unstopable force...but i dont think it matter realy...

cause you know, I don't like cannibalizing furry things...they tend get stuck between your teeth...
    Greetings Undead. Wonderful day to be alive, isn't it?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cannibals: Eat a person! Be a person!
    Victim: So you are what you eat? I eat hamburgers, does that make me a hamburger?
    Cannibals:....yes?
    Victim: So if you eat me, you'd be a hamburger.
    Cannibals:...........
    win!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RBFxJMH View Post
    What happens when a Forsaken cannibalizes a Worgen corpse?
    Nothing, the Forsaken just keeps cannibalizes the corpse. You see, you must have a pumping heart for it to take effect :P Anyway with the Worgen, why can only HUMANS be Worgens? Can't you become a GNOME Worgen?!

Quote Originally Posted by Aris View Post
    That is not right , you only turn into a worgen if you drink crowley's blood COZ HE IS AwEsOmE
    At first I read this as "if you drink a cowboy's blood" and was the What... the... fuck...

"It turns out the only signature he needed was my fist! ... But with a pen in it ... that i was signing with."

No sir. If you drink a cowboys blood, you turn into John Wayne.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Nothing, the Forsaken just keeps cannibalizes the corpse. You see, you must have a pumping heart for it to take effect :P Anyway with the Worgen, why can only HUMANS be Worgens? Can't you become a GNOME Worgen?!
    Yes, though as opposed to being menacing they instead end up as dangerously cute. Much like the puppies they resemble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RBFxJMH View Post
    You are what you eat?
    Ahem?

can you link said video? or some sort of proof?

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    A guy thought the Mjolnir Runestone was a reference to Halo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveth View Post
    A guy thought the Mjolnir Runestone was a reference to Halo.
    Everyone knows that video games, computer games, word games, board games, and card games wouldn't exist without Halo

Deleted
    On the subject of the whole immovable unstoppable thing- An unstoppable force could be taken, very literally, as a force that cannot be stopped instead of an object that cannot be stopped. If you push your hand against a concrete wall, you are applying force to it but the wall doesn't move anyway. So a possible answer is that the force is continuously applied to the object, but the object doesn't budge anyway. Force isn't stopped, object doesn't move.

Deleted
    I wanna see a gnome drink worgen blood
    a Gnome werewolf :O