Page 1 of 2
LastLast

You good luck WOW stories.

After finding Time Lost Proto drake and getting the Green drake from the egg both within 24 hours it got me thinking, what's some good luck stories that you guys have when it comes to loot?

We hear every day about such and such item that won't drop, lets hear some good stories for once.

I picked up the Runeblade of Baron Rivendare at random. I didn't even know how rare it was for months. I kept it because the Unholy Aura-esque effect was cool.

I don't really have good luck STORIES, but just good luck in general. A ton of rare mounts, I guess I would say (IIRC) I got blue proto, about 3 days later green proto, then within the next week or so, Time lost.
    I don't just stumble across the rare mounts though, I just stay dedicated to what I want until I have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Hm. The only one that pops to mind is the Horseman's Mount that I got on my rogue last year. Too bad it's a buggy POS, I never use it.

After several months of straight raiding with absolutely NO results, The Shard of Contempt and the Torch of the damned dropped for me the day the Echoes patch hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way
    I was farming money for my first epic flyer back in TBC, I got bored and decided to go kill the high level mobs in Nagrand. I killed two of them, one of them dropped an epic JC recipe and another one some other random world drop epic item. I sold them both for ridiculously low money and thus was able to buy my mount a few days earlier than I expected ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    One cannot simply walk into Mulgore...

Um when I got the Baron Rivendare mount. I was like holy crap. My GF that plays and was farming it hated me for it.

Deleted
    Randomly walking around stormwind..guy whispers hes giving deleting his account, trades me 5k gold

Quote Originally Posted by Tinarius View Post
    Randomly walking around stormwind..guy whispers hes giving deleting his account, trades me 5k gold
    haha awesome.

Sometimes when i feel generous i go to a level 1 starting area just a random one and give away 1,000 gold or something.

Of course i make sure there new players and not alts first by asking some trick questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started to do the daily quests in Storm Peaks for the mount, no luck on the first 3 days, but understandable, then on the 4rth day, I go help a friend in Hall of Reflection, when I came back and did the mount dropped

I started to farm my tank set, did Normal ToC for a friend(who is lvl79) and at the end the Black Heart dropped

Looks like help people really gives a boost on your luck

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed. "

Quote Originally Posted by Sprints View Post
    haha awesome.

Sometimes when i feel generous i go to a level 1 starting area just a random one and give away 1,000 gold or something.

Of course i make sure there new players and not alts first by asking some trick questions.
    I don't know how many times I have done this while leveling an alt. Run a dungeon and notice someone is obviously new to the game, give them some pointers then trade them over a few hundred gold.

You can move this to WOW general discussion if you want mods, just realized i made it in Cataclysm general discussion.

Still can't find / get either....

Stumbled across time lost proto before i knew it was a mount drop in the first couple weeks. 2 red bug tanks 1 in vanilla and one in an alts first run in aq helping a friend for rep.

Ashes but almost 3 years of averaging more than one run a week isnt exactly luck.

I won the Reigns of the Headless Horseman

with a need roll of 100, beating out a 94

Deleted
    So it was they day after the onyxia paths, had been farming the green proto drake for 2 month ore so, then a m8 did ask me to help him in the Ring og blood, well yea sure i could. Whent down there helped and when i was done did open the Egg and gues what i got it!
    well i was happy for sure, but then my m8 did ask me if i whaned to come to a onyxia run, not much of a raider but hey i whaned to try hee again.

So we got us a nice littel 10 man groub and whent down there, and killed hee and then the loot came well gues what there was a onyxia mount there, and our nice leader who did not ninja said that we should roll. and in all my luck i made a 99 roll and where the first to get a onyxia mount on my server

Remeber to help your m8's it always comes 10 times back!

i won both sarth 3D drakes with 100 rolls in the same day. cant get any more lucky than that.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My good luck story i guess would be i farmed the zulian raptor for about 2 weeks and it finally dropped when i was alliance i quit for about a year came back about 3 weeks ago and transferred to horde to play with my buddies decided i would run zg and see what happens first run the tiger dropped the same night i put together a 25m 3d zerg and won the twilight drake 15 mins later i put together a 10m 3d and won the black drake. AND NO I DIDN'T NINJA THEM

VOA mount dropped twice in a single day
    The Blind Side 2, now featuring Ray Charles
    http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1357555.jpg

I got DBW before my guild could clear the boss in a pug.