Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

With emphasis on als in Cata, why isnt gold collective among toons?

I dont know who else this is annoying, but I hate having to mail my characters gold, or items that I buy them because they cant access my mains gold supply. This seems like a "duh" thing for blizzard to fix. Blizzard is trying to push people towards multiple characters for Cataclysm, and this would make it more appealing. Also it would free up server space by taking out unnecessary mail between toons.

Let me be specific: Server-wide, faction specific. This way it doesnt destroy the economy.
    Last edited by RawrbHero; 2010-07-24 at 07:02 PM.

I like this suggestion. Makes sense and would make things easier.

I think this is a pretty smart idea (but I haven't heard/can come up with down sides yet) I'd to see something like it because I have a load of alts.

My idea is to make gold account wide,
    like I have 10,000g and it will be automatically shown in the bags or something like that..
    Its really annoying to log all of my 10 characters on the Realm and check if I have any gold in there, once when I did that I got more than 700g.. lol

one more idea is to make the banks account wide too, and ofcurse make them bigger.
    like you get another tab for each character you have above level x, to prevent people making alot of level 1 alts and get free tabs.
    Last edited by dennisd; 2010-07-24 at 06:01 PM.

Downsides:
    1) It might mess with gold earning achievements? Probably nothing big though...
    2) I can't think of anything else.
    That is all.

IT not hard to mail something from your main to your alt.

But if you are talking about Cross Server, than Gold Sellers would LOVE that, because then they would have a collective amount of gold that they could send anywhere.

Plus the Tech would probaly need some improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyWuffms View Post
    Downsides:
    1) It might mess with gold earning achievements? Probably nothing big though...
    2) I can't think of anything else.

Achievements are going to be account wide. It wont matter after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pro suggestion. Feed it to the blues!

Quote Originally Posted by dennisd View Post
    like I have 10,000g and it will be automatically shown in the bags or something like that..
    Its really annoying to log all of my 10 characters on the Realm and check if I have any gold in there, once when I did that I got more than 700g.. lol
    Titanbar will track it for you

Quote Originally Posted by RawrbHero View Post
    I dont know who else this is annoying, but I hate having to mail my characters gold, or items that I buy them because they cant access my mains gold supply. This seems like a "duh" thing for blizzard to fix. Blizzard is trying to push people towards multiple characters for Cataclysm, and this would make it more appealing. Also it would free up server space by taking out unnecessary mail between toons.
    There are people out there that likes to play a new char "hardcore" - as in NO assistance from an "older" character - think of it as reversed twinking. Instead of maximizing the power through every trick in the book, not taking ANY help whatsoever from players outside their own current level bracket. No bags, no green/blue handmedowns, CERTAINLY no BoA items etc. etc.

And besides. Gold isn't soulbound. It can be mailed, and there are numerous addons out there that tracks your gold total across a realm or even across an entire account.

I would much prefer a system where all but the top tier of emblems was BoA rather than soulbound. As it is I have close to a thousand triumphs wasted on characters that are "done" with them, and I have alts I still need to grind heroics with to get more of them... Yeah, sure, I can buy gems and stuff like that, but really? Would it hurt the game if the second tier emblems were boa?

So what exactly are you suggesting?

I think this would be a great idea, but not cross server. Like it was said before, that would help gold sellers out a LOT. But sharing gold between all your toons on one server would be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellevad View Post
    I would much prefer a system where all but the top tier of emblems was BoA rather than soulbound. As it is I have close to a thousand triumphs wasted on characters that are "done" with them, and I have alts I still need to grind heroics with to get more of them... Yeah, sure, I can buy gems and stuff like that, but really? Would it hurt the game if the second tier emblems were boa?
    They've said they don't want to do this because then a player can end up with a decently-geared character in a raid and not have a good enough idea of how to play their role, ultimately bringing the raid down. Dungeon grinding is part of how you learn to play your character.

Account-wide gold is intriguing. Is it possible to mail gold cross-faction yet? I know you can mail heirlooms across. I could see cross-faction gold killing a bit of the Alliance-v.-Horde feel and could potentially mess with economy too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezmata View Post
    I know you can mail heirlooms across.
    Really?

213k gold is cap on one character, some people have that cap so they use alts to cary more money. Wheres the rest of there cash going if they did this?
    Geeza aka Parilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    IT not hard to mail something from your main to your alt.
    Its not that its hard, its that why not? It would lessen up server lag by keeping people from mail stuff thats unnecessary. I mean, theyre making achievements account wide, why the hell not gold?!

---------- Post added 2010-07-24 at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hellevad View Post
    There are people out there that likes to play a new char "hardcore" - as in NO assistance from an "older" character - think of it as reversed twinking. Instead of maximizing the power through every trick in the book, not taking ANY help whatsoever from players outside their own current level bracket. No bags, no green/blue handmedowns, CERTAINLY no BoA items etc. etc.

And besides. Gold isn't soulbound. It can be mailed, and there are numerous addons out there that tracks your gold total across a realm or even across an entire account.

The hardcore new character play style is fine. If you dont wanna use the gold then *GASP* DON'T.

While I woulnd't mind being able to access other characters gold directly, I find myself more curious about this "emphasis on alts", and "Blizzard is trying to push people towards multiple characters for Cataclysm".

I haven't felt this push (yet?), so I'm wondering what this is supposed to mean?

I thought the emphasis for the expansion would be on the return to kalimdor/eastern kingdom and the cataclysm it is undergoing, and ultimately the fight against Deathwing

You guys should all check out the Altoholic addon. It keeps a database of everything on your account that you can check whenever you want. It's the handiershist when it comes to checking other toons' inventories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogge View Post
    While I woulnd't mind being able to access other characters gold directly, I find myself more curious about this "emphasis on alts", and "Blizzard is trying to push people towards multiple characters for Cataclysm".

I haven't felt this push (yet?), so I'm wondering what this is supposed to mean?

I thought the emphasis for the expansion would be on the return to kalimdor/eastern kingdom and the cataclysm it is undergoing, and ultimately the fight against Deathwing
    They revamped the old zones and the quests to make it more streamlined. They changed the system when you hit level 10. They clearly want people to make new characters and go through the new stuff they put in, not just for new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Geeza View Post
    213k gold is cap on one character, some people have that cap so they use alts to cary more money. Wheres the rest of there cash going if they did this?
    This is a simple fix. First of all we will probably see a gold cap increase in cata, lets say it went to 300k. Then the server wide gold cap would be 3 million (or 300k times the amount of characters you have on the server.)

Quote Originally Posted by dennisd View Post

one more idea is to make the banks account wide too, and ofcurse make them bigger.
    like you get another tab for each character you have above level x, to prevent people making alot of level 1 alts and get free tabs.
    Way to fuck up server economies. Poor idea. Server-wide gold would be great though, as it saves at lot of mailing and posting stuff on BBAH on a friends account to funnel gold into my Horde alt. The gold saved needs to be drawn off from somewhere though. Simplest would be to have repairs cost (example) a quarter percent more.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara