Thread: Latency

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Latency

My latency is always at ~500, I pay for a 24 mbit/s internet but I only get like ~8 and I wonder how to get my ping lower? Lost a lot of games due to my stupid high latency and I've tried everything to get it lower, I did Latency Fix and downloaded an Addon but it sitll doesn't get below 500.

Please help ;d

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreeze View Post
    My latency is always at ~500, I pay for a 24 mbit/s internet but I only get like ~8 and I wonder how to get my ping lower? Lost a lot of games due to my stupid high latency and I've tried everything to get it lower, I did Latency Fix and downloaded an Addon but it sitll doesn't get below 500.

Please help ;d
    try lowering your graphics to low
    /l、
    (゚、 。 7  Tremble at the might of the LICH KITTY!!!
     l、 ~ヽ  . 
     じしl_, )ノ

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...atencyFix.html

absolutly godly for cutting your ms. Cut my in half right on the spot and i highly suggest it to anyone who plays any online games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    absolutly godly for cutting your ms. Cut my in half right on the spot and i highly suggest it to anyone who plays any online games.
    This. Ohh yeah baby!!

Graphics rarely make much difference unless you computer really is that bad, but that would be to the extent of making wow unplayable.
    Some wireless network cards/adaptors will periodically search for a better signal with the hope of improving the connection, but from my experience and other if anything the searching itself will increase your latency.
    WLAN Optimizer is worth a try, and makes no permanant changes, only preventing that "search" while it is running. Some people have reported some success with that.

It is my impression from their post they have already tried Leatrix Latency Fix without luck.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've done all of the above and it doesn't seem to help :S

10+ Year Old Account
    wow...well try the computer forums. Think you will get better feedback there

Quote Originally Posted by mööh View Post
    wow...well try the computer forums. Think you will get better feedback there
    Agreed. We would also need to know the type of internet you are using(DSL, Cable, Sat) and if youre going through a router(wireless?) to get started.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreeze View Post

Please help ;d
    You could always pay for a tunneling service?

I was much in the same boat as you, i'm on a 20mbit connection and only get 12mbit, I sit on usually around 450-500ms without any tunneling service.
    Soon as I signed up to lowerping, my ping is never higher than 210ms (excluding patch days etc) and now swear by it. My arena partner had a similar latency to me, both got lowerping and instantly noticed a drastic performance increase.

Has anyone used this WTFast service? I saw it advertised on a couple sites, but usually assume things like that are scams (a la "Finally Fast" and similar "boost your computer performance" ads).