How would you feel about achievements being server-wide?

I think it would be cool if Achievements counted between all of the characters of the same faction on a realm. Keep the statistics portion for each individual toon, but let Achievements be earned across all toons.

Anyone feel the same? What do you think the downside could be?

Im not saying this would be easy for Blizz to implement, but it would definitely be a cool feature for people who have alot of characters after 5 years of playing. =)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would love this hate the fact that i have to get multiples of the same achievements.

15+ Year Old Account
    There should idd be something like Char Achievement, and Account Achiemvents.

I have soo much epic achievements on older chars wich i dont play, its just a pitty

And with my new chars i always look like a fresh started newb xD

I would love it as well. People complain about getting certain titles on characters that didn't earn it this way, but really it's the player that gets the achievement so I am definitely in favor of this.
    "I will seek out my enemies, and woe betide those who set themselves against me."
    -King Varian Wrynn

One thing I could see being a problem is rewards like mounts, tabards, titles, etc. That would have to be addressed obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRoland23 View Post
    I would love it as well. People complain about getting certain titles on characters that didn't earn it this way, but really it's the player that gets the achievement so I am definitely in favor of this.
    I agree 100%. It is the player who gets the achievement. One analogy is I'm playing an Xbox 360 game and even though i'm making different save files across all games, the achievements i earn are all tied to my gamertag.

this could be interesting, though a acheiv ranking should be made.
    WoW free since 8/10/09
    well i got stuck homesick with nothing to do pretty much and... for the sixth time, i started playing again.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz has stated that they are making an effort to place account wide achievements in the game, but with Cata coming out now, they have larger issues to focus on, and wish to revisit this at a later date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakwave View Post
    Geeks are awesome because they have sex with your wife while you are cleaning McDonalds bathrooms.
    "PROUD POSTER IN THE LEGENDARY If u are horde 2011 THREAD!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I dig this, I want a black war bear on my level 20!

A blue has said that they would like to make it so achievements are tied to your battle.net account and therefore saved to all your characters. I am pretty sure it was Ghostcrawler that said it and that they are not currently working on this but that it is something they really want to do in the future.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'd love it.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

I would be extremely happy if they did this. I think a current huge turn off about rolling alts and an even greater turn off to switching mains entirely (at least if you care about achievements) is that all progress and achievements are lost between characters. When I play an alt I at least feel a need to catch up to all the achievements my main has which is quite simply impossible. They could add a side note to achievements saying which character earned them but as a whole would make things better. It would also be nice for getting into ridiculous pugs where people demand achievements while playing on a new alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Aroldo View Post
    I would love this hate the fact that i have to get multiples of the same achievements.
    Time is money friend.

Additionally, dungeon/raid achievements on one class don't indicate that you can correctly play another class in dungeons/raids.
    Last edited by Eyeball2452; 2010-07-26 at 05:18 AM.

I hate this idea. I love earning new achievements, even if I am earning them a second time. Gives me a sort of...ah, satisfaction upon getting an achievement. It's just a bad idea I think, and really serves no purpose in my view.
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeball2452 View Post
    Time is money friend.

Additionally, dungeon/raid achievements on one class don't indicate that you can correctly play another class in dungeons/raids.
    Dont agree with that at all. If you complete the dungeon and get an achievement,... you have experienced it no matter what. I know people who have raid/dungeon achievements and still cannot correctly play their toons they got it on. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeball2452 View Post
    Time is money friend.

that is why the have a statistics tab