10+ Year Old Account

Need help very fast

I just spilled a small amount of water on my desk, the cord for my razer headset was on my desk and got a little wet. It has a cloth lining on it and now when I plug it in, it glitches out and the lights go all crazy, and my computer does not recognize that it is plugged in, should I call them or wait for it to dry more?

thanks
    ~Veld

Try leaving it upto 24 hours to dry, which should be more than sufficient.
    Had to do similar to a laptop at college a few years ago when someone nearby turned on a tap far too hard.
    I am just surprised that getting the cable wet would be an issue.
    If it does not work then, you will have little choice but to contact razer.

You should let electronics dry at least 2-3 days before trying to plug it in or you risk short circuits. Problem is that rust might set in depending on how pure water it was. Cones on the headphone speakers might like water even less, depending on what material they are.

Also, depending on warranty they might refuse it when it's caused by user carelessness.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Maybe use a hair dryer on a low setting to speed it up? If you can remove some parts to let air get into it better, that might help as well. If you're not worried about warranty, taking it mostly/partially apart and then using the hair dryer would get it dry a good bit faster.