Thread: Cata PW:Shield

Cata PW:Shield

Hi!

I know its hard to calculate how much PW:Shield will absorb in Cata cause you need to know spell power and how much
    those new ranks of PW:Shield will absorb.

But if you could take a guess, how much you think? And how much does your prist absorb today?

If there are some priest in the beta atm, can you pleas post something?

Quote Originally Posted by Rasengu View Post
    Hi!

I know its hard to calculate how much PW:Shield will absorb in Cata cause you need to know spell power and how much
    those new ranks of PW:Shield will absorb.

But if you could take a guess, how much you think? And how much does your prist absorb today?

If there are some priest in the beta atm, can you pleas post something?

I would guess about 30-35k in the beginning, and 50-60k in the endgame. Really hard to say though.
    http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/1...p10records.png
    Signature too large, resize please.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calendra12345 View Post
    I would guess about 30-35k in the beginning, and 50-60k in the endgame.
    Your numbers are ridiculous.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...dikat&n=Venara
    With this gear and PW:F I'm at 54k HP on level 83. I estimate this will be roughly 60k at level 85.

Looking at level 85 blue bracers you can see that the stamina increase from current gear to level 85 blue gear is very minimal (about 20-30 stamina). So assuming this will also be true for level 85 epic gear you will probably be close to 70k HP at level 85 in full raid epics (as a priest).

Let's have a look at the current situation: I will assume that we are in ICC with the 30% buff active. At high gear levels shields will absorb around 11-12k in this setup, while players (non-tanks) have around 30-35k HP. So you can say that a shield absorbs about 1/3 (of 33%) of their HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Calendra12345 View Post
    Really hard to say though.
    Hard to say? It is very easy to guestimate proper numbers with current numbers + a few numbers from the beta and your results are way off.

*edit* Beta realm says (with my gear and a full disc spec):

Venaraa gains Venaraa Power Word: Shield. (6563 Remaining)

That means that 1) the combatlog finally tells us numbers for absorbs and 2) it's either bugged or they drastically reduced scaling.
    Last edited by Venara; 2010-07-26 at 09:40 AM.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    Hard to say? It is very easy to guestimate proper numbers with current numbers + a few numbers from the beta and your results are way off.
    I'd guess he wasn't in beta so maybe he didn't have all the data available?

15+ Year Old Account
    They're easily available Shadowdream. I didn't have to search very long even without beta access. Google is your friend

It's hard to say because nothing that is there is yet official. Your numbers are way off anyway, my shields do about 14k in ICC.

Besides, we are looking at 83 - You have not the slightest clue about how its going to be at 85. not even a little bit. Neither do any of us. Hell, even Blizzard doesn't know it.

Like I said "I guessed it", so it were hardly "results" from anything. Even though you might think the numbers are ridiculous, I have to disagree. The numbers are going to be ridiculous all in all.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't find the thread atm but harky or Danner explained recently (with numbers and stuff) how much your PW:S can absorb in ICC and how someone claiming his PW:S absorbed like 15-16k was just lying because this currently isn't achievable with available gear (even in ICC). I don't know about your 14k but if I recall correctly you would still need a shitload of spellpower for that. Care to link your armory?

Disagree all you want. PW:S will never scale so badass that it'll absorb 60k HP or said in another way: It will never be able to "double" your hitpoints while active. This would be insanely overpowered and the scaling would have to be like 500% of your spellpower.

I actually think they did nerf the scaling as they said (some time ago) that they didn't want disc priests to use only shields and not heal at all. I'm not sure how they reached the conclusion that making bubbles absorb like nothing was the way to go... some high mana cost would have done the job just fine.6.5k seems way too low to ever be worth casting in any situation other than "the mage is dying but I cannot heal him just now.Here have a bubble buddy..."
    Last edited by Dianthe; 2010-07-26 at 10:33 AM. Reason: too many dots

My guess would be around 10-15k for making it worthwhile, but 6,5k sounds silly low tbh, but only time will tell^^

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    I can't find the thread atm but harky or Danner explained recently (with numbers and stuff) how much your PW:S can absorb in ICC and how someone claiming his PW:S absorbed like 15-16k was just lying because this currently isn't achievable with available gear (even in ICC). I don't know about your 14k but if I recall correctly you would still need a shitload of spellpower for that. Care to link your armory?
    I wouldn't call it 'lying' so much as being mistaken. I'm not in BIS gear, but I'm close enough to feel comfortable saying that crediting a 14k absorb solely to a PWS isn't happening before cata, even with the ICC 30% zone buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    With the ICC 25% and T10 4pc bonus, at 3882 SP my shield absorbs 10787; at 5158 SP it absorbs 12638. It doesn't take a lot to determine that we are a couple thousand spellpower short of delivering actual 15k absorbs.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

When i raid as disc (with a demo lock in the raid) i hit 4500 or so spellpower, but even then my shields are just short of 12k.
    Anyone claiming they are getting 14k, 15k or more is telling massive lies.

However, if you are glyphed, and get a crit heal with the ICC Buff, which can hit 3.5k-3.7k getting an extra 1000-1100 or so more of a shield as a Divine Aegis, which the combat log won't see as a separate absorb to PW:S
    Last edited by Samurai; 2010-07-27 at 03:16 AM.

Obviously its with Divine Aegis calculated with it.