Thread: Enrage

10+ Year Old Account

Question Enrage

Hey, folks. I have been thinking about enrage, and how bad it is compared to wrecking crew and why blizz wont let fury just get wrecking crew.
    "Arms is a gladiator, fury is a half-naked berserker",so fury warrior gotta be hit to be enraged.
    Then an idea of enrage remake came to my mind - Enrage procs from any damage done to YOU or any PARTY member.
    I think it fits the idea of berserker, he would pretty sure be angry if he sees someone beating the crap out of his clanmate.
    I think blizz is not gonna design every boss fight in Cata have some aoe damage aura ticking. There gotta be fights where you DON'T want to be hit by aoe, and that makes 3 talent points spent on Enrage a total waste.

How come that a true FURY warrior does not have a passive enrage, compared to arms and prot. That just doesn't make sense...

Hope you guys like my idea, and it doesn't sound too paladinish.

Go arms, don't raid as fury.
    "Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. If you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away."
    — Stephen W. Hawking

Deleted
    In the Cataclysm talent trees Enrage already procs off all damage (inc AoE) instead of just direct damage like the way it works currently. It should have a fairly high uptime anyway.

Having it proc from party member damage just seems overkill, we don't need 100% uptime on Enrage because Fury shouldn't be balanced around having 100% uptime on it anyway. Otherwise they might as well change the talent to state "Your damage is increased 6%".

Deleted
    tbh im waiting for release so i can test them, myself, but arms actually looks the more simple of the 2 specs to play for raiding in cata

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davantius View Post
    In the Cataclysm talent trees Enrage already procs off all damage (inc AoE) instead of just direct damage like the way it works currently. It should have a fairly high uptime anyway.

Having it proc from party member damage just seems overkill, we don't need 100% uptime on Enrage because Fury shouldn't be balanced around having 100% uptime on it anyway. Otherwise they might as well change the talent to state "Your damage is increased 6%".
    it won't have 100% uptime coz it's 30% chance to proc.
    and aoe won't be 100% of time, so it will probably be up for a way less period of time, not even 3 minutes of 10 minute fight.
    Last edited by Topork; 2010-07-26 at 12:55 PM.