Thread: Holy wrath ?

Holy wrath ?

Does anybody know that holy wrath will hit humanoids to in cataclysm????

in current build (12604) Holy Wrath hits all types of mobs and even players, but stun effect is still exclusive to undears and demons.
    "Paragon of the Light, lead our armies against the coming darkness."
    Эн / Калифпорния

Shame, man, shame - 10 secs on mmo-champion and here it is:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...adin-Cataclysm

"
    Holy Wrath 28
    Sends bolts of holy power in all directions, causing [ 0.3% of Spell Power + 2401.81 ] Holy damage divided among all targets within 10 yds and stunning all Demons and Undead for 3 sec.
    20% of base mana, Instant cast, 15 sec cooldown
    "

So it hits everything, but stuns demons/undead only.

ye the same tooltip is on live aswell, but it doesnt hit any humanoids only undead and demons, thats why ask

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still mixed feelings about the change, having it hit everyone is frakkin awesome, esspeically as I read somewhere that it will now apply Vindication, meaning we have the AoE Vind I was moaning about a week or so ago. But with it not scaling with AP, and the damage being divided amoung the mobs, not dealt to each mob I can see it basically hitting for about 100 and only being used to spread Vind, which is kind of lame.
    but ce la vie, if this new version is live on the beta can anyone tell us how it works? is the small amount of damage/threat on everyone worth losing a decent amount of threat of Demons/Undead only?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    is the small amount of damage/threat on everyone worth losing a decent amount of threat of Demons/Undead only?
    Not on the beta, but I'd guess we're looking at a demon/undead lite expansion here, so just getting to use it regularly will make it an improvement on not using it at all.

Stood in the Fire DaveTheHunter's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget also that numbers are always subject to change. They won't start tweaking the actual damage this does until later, and they could easily make it scale with AP.

I don´t think they will buff it really, the damage divided by the number of hits is just one of Blizzard´s aims with Cata, making "aoe the frigging shit" out of all
    trashmobs not viable in every pull, but focus on CC and burn the mobs that are tanked.
    I can certainly imagine there will be a fair amount of trashmobs that put stacking buffs on themselves when not CC´d, making it essential to burn them down
    1-by-1 or aoe them in the sense of you got 3 tanks taking one mob each in one spot, or the tanks will get stomped if they try to just aoe-tank a pack of 10-12 mobs
    where each mob risk oneshotting the tank after being free.
    Think heroic Shattered Halls or Shadowlabs just when TBC hit and no heroic was nerfed, but multiply by 2 or 5, for 10 or 25man raids. CC will be king again.
    The trashpacks and minibosses before Halion can be a small sample of what´s to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    true true, I guess it doesn't matter that the damage is divided if we're not gunna be dealing with 10/20 mobs at a time anymore. Can't wait for that tbh, although you know you'll still get dumbass Dps shouting 'Pull more ffs!' in the first few weeks, before they realise that's not how the game is played anymore.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I'm still mixed feelings about the change, having it hit everyone is frakkin awesome, esspeically as I read somewhere that it will now apply Vindication, meaning we have the AoE Vind I was moaning about a week or so ago. But with it not scaling with AP, and the damage being divided amoung the mobs, not dealt to each mob I can see it basically hitting for about 100 and only being used to spread Vind, which is kind of lame.
    but ce la vie, if this new version is live on the beta can anyone tell us how it works? is the small amount of damage/threat on everyone worth losing a decent amount of threat of Demons/Undead only?
    It's definitely a buff overall, bearing in mind not only are there likely to be few demons / undead in cata, the cooldown has also been halved meaning by the time the demons / undead recover from the stun, you can do it again in 12 seconds. The small amount of damage associated with spreading the vindication debuff still compares favourably to the paladin / druid equivalent (which do no damage at all) and how it stacks up to the DK version depends on how many mobs you're hitting really - holy wrath is still better than blood boil against fewer targets, and for blood boil to apply the effect at all, you need to spend two talent points in blood. Slight problem if you happen to not be in a tank spec, even bigger problem in a dps / pvp spec.
    Last edited by mmoc1a34910c3d; 2010-07-27 at 11:33 AM.