Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Deathwings Voice

I listened to the deathwing dialogue on front page with with my breadth held, and DAMN. BLIZZARD GOT IT RIGHT FOR ONCE! Holy mother of pearl, deathwing has the most bad ass evil villain voice ever. He sounds perfect, probably the best I've ever heard, gg blizzard, u did something great! What do you guys think of his voice?

It's pretty good, but I won't ever hear it in context since I don't play with the sound on. Music > Voices.

It sounds good...but all I hear is Thrall with an evil voice Metzen voices too many characters to be honest.

15+ Year Old Account
    His voice sounds really familiar.. anyone figure out who it is?

Metzen?
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Only once? For me Sylvanas also has great voice.... sad that Crowley ( mister croooooooooooooowley!!!) talks like he would have mouth full of fur
    "Close your eyes and start runing, wall will find you on it own" - Onearrow
    "Life tap is such a great ability! But why didnt blizzard think about ability that would take your mana and regain your health instead.... oh... wait..." - Entalpia

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg View Post
    Metzen?
    Ah.. really? I guess that would be why it sounds familiar..

Sylvanas is good too but I have heard her voice already. I think deathwings voice sounds ALOT like Mr. Freeze from that HORRIBLE batman staring George Clooney and Arnold shwartzcantspellhisname. He sounds more like deathwing later on in the video, not at the beginning. But deathwing's voice is alot harsher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNaDZIrxh-0

10+ Year Old Account
    Voice is good, sounds like everyone else in the game. But good nonetheless

Sounds absolutely horrendous. Boring, reused skin with very little alterations with a boring, lame voice ran through a VOCoder to try to sound not like the average Joe it does.

Basically, I all hear is "I AM DEATHWING AND I MUST YELL BECAUSE APPARENTLY BEING EVIL MEANS YELLING AND MY BARITONE VOICE TOTALLY MATCHES MY ASPECT SIZE!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viertel View Post
    Sounds absolutely horrendous. Boring, reused skin with very little alterations with a boring, lame voice ran through a VOCoder to try to sound not like the average Joe it does.

Basically, I all hear is "I AM DEATHWING AND I MUST YELL BECAUSE APPARENTLY BEING EVIL MEANS YELLING AND MY BARITONE VOICE TOTALLY MATCHES MY ASPECT SIZE!"
    I don't know if I agree with it sounding horrendous. The voice sounds exactly like I thought it should/would, I mean seriously do you expect a gigantic dragon to have a high pitched voice and talk with a British accent?

My only complaint is that I am incredibly sick of Blizzard never springing for any voice acting outside of their own in house staff. I am so incredibly tired of every female boss having the same voice and nearly every male character being voiced by Metzan. It is frankly pretty shameful that all these epic bosses sound the exact same. How many billions has Blizzard raked in from Wow? You'd think they would be willing to invest a couple thousand into vastly improving the realism and quality of their biggest characters. They don't even have to sign some well known actor or something to do the voices, although having James Woods voice Deathwing would be the greatest thing ever imo. I'm sure there are thousands of non-name actors they could get on the cheap to do their voice work.

Boring, reused skin with very little alterations with a boring, lame voice ran through a VOCoder to try to sound not like the average Joe it does.
    Boring, reused skin with very little alterations
    reused skin
    Words cannot describe the immensity of the facepalm I just did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbic
    Hello and also one greeting to each and all,I play Mage class. Whoa I am freaking wild man. My friend if a huntear when I watch it I alway think about this. What makes a hunter Great. How can he do it. And it will be hard. Ever one else is going to get new spells so wat about the hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    ruh roh, sorry i just finished masturbating, cant use english correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall is Deathwing?

Quote Originally Posted by warboss k View Post
    thrall is deathwing?
    +1
    :d
    Just believe... all cars have mind.

Sounds pretty awesome imo.

It sounds alright, but it really does sound too similar to other voices already in-game... I would've expected a little more for Deathwing's voice, but it's not THAT bad.

Deleted
    Even though it sounds quite similar to Thrall (with laryngitis), i like the voice.

Let's hope he doesn't have too many monologues.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    Ah.. really? I guess that would be why it sounds familiar..
    You do know that Metzen does like... 80% of voices, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Warboss K View Post
    Thrall is Deathwing?
    Yeah, Thrall and Deathwing are two sides of the same coin, like Ying and Yang, one cannot exit without the other. Thall is kinda like the sober Deathwing sorting out all the damage he did in his drunken rage, like "OMFG better clear this up before Jaina finds out", "Thrall what are you doing?", "FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU-"

chris metzen is always FTW