Need help improving DPS

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...t&cn=Nutrilett
    http://www.wowhead.com/?petcalc#0Md00sc00hooo (Pet talents)
    Pet = Snarley, Rare wolf found in Feralas.

Survival specced, gemmed according to spreadsheet. Spreadsheet calculate my DPS to be at 9500, tho I'm having problems getting past 7k, even with the 30% buff. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong, when I'm in ICC it feels like after every arrow shot, there is a 1 sec wait time, thing goes soo slow(turned down graphics to all at low).

Anyways. With my gear(5678 gs) I'm currently at 5-6k dps, which seems kinda weird to me, cause I can easily pull that dps by slacking in a normal heroic, but when I actually _TRY_ in ICC I can't get past 7k :S

Anyone have input on how I can improve my dps?

Rotation:
    Explosive Shot
    Black Arrow
    Serpent Sting
    Aimed Shot
    Steady Shot as filler. If ES is on CD and got 1 sec left, I do nothing and wait to the CD to go off to not waste a GCD. Same with other abilities, I wait until ES is off CD then pop BA and AS.

If you need any other into, just tell.
    Last edited by xcitu; 2010-07-26 at 06:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is your latency?

Edit: hmm, looking at your gear, you are using a few sub par pieces. You only have 2 set t10, but you are using the legs which are itemized very poorly. You also don't have 2 set t9 instead, which is an excellent set bonus if you can get the t9.25 helm and legs. Get the leggings of northern lights, as well as 4 set t10 asap. Distant land sucks, but there really isn't anything to replace it until lich king.
    Last edited by Thereign; 2010-07-26 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Additional info

Not sure why you say Distant Land sucks...hes SV

Either way SV is the inferior spec to Marksman even if you can't drop arcane shot from your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrelime View Post
    Either way SV is the inferior spec to Marksman even if you can't drop arcane shot from your rotation.
    Such a narrow vision....

The only time it's justifiable is a 10 man, I mean you yourself are sitting at 59% PASSIVE ArP. I can't even begin to understand why you would still play SV.

http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t42519-b...k_spreadsheet/ it's a little over 1.4k dps behind and that doesn't include the ICC buff.
    Last edited by sabrelime; 2010-07-26 at 07:23 PM.

could be a moving fail... and dont w8 that 1 sec... use another stead...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelyorc View Post
    Not sure why you say Distant Land sucks...hes SV
    Wastes points on haste, where a better itemized weapon such as oathbinder or tainted twig blow it out of the water, arp is still a better stat than haste for sv.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Wastes points on haste, where a better itemized weapon such as oathbinder or tainted twig blow it out of the water, arp is still a better stat than haste for sv.
    what if he doesn't have those available to him?

EDIT: your pants are gemmed if you didn't notice
    If the Burning Legion is such a problem, why not just throw water on them? Then they'll just be a Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    What is wrong with having a character show up again? Some people are so dumb and will hate on anything blizzard does. Seriously, if you hate it so much that you cant see straight when they show a character a 2nd time, then you should just quit. Also, never read a book. Ever. You will be mad.

make sure you're not clipping the ES dot after the initial hit. time it so that right before the tick drops off, you fire the next ES (i'm talking about lock and load procs).
    Can I get some Ice Blocks with my Kill Shot plz?

Ravéndíll - Turalyon

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    1st..believe it or not...not everyone farms LK...if you do?..then of course oathbinder is better

2nd...for SV hunters near crit cap..haste is very good...the initial "haste is useless" comments are short sighted at best

just sayin

P.S. per the spreadsheet regular twig is a downgrade to the Distant Land

As for my legs, got the T10 ones from VoA10 yesterday and haven't had time to gem/enchant them fully. I still have my Rock-Steady Treads in my bags. I am currently saving frosties for 4x T10, luckily I got legs from VoA10 so that saved me some time. But as you know, I only need 4/5 for the set bonus. Would you recommend having a off set piece and just 4/5 T10 or go all the way and get full T10?

As for Distant Land. Well, I had Quel'Delar, Ferocity of the Scorned(iLvl 251) but then i got Distant Land from ICC25 pug and decided to use that instead. Yesterday I did ICC and got the 251 axe from Marrowgar([Bone Warden's Splitter]) and began thinking. When I'm going MM, would you rather choose this axe + either 277 Scourgeborne Waraxe or 264 Frost Giant's Cleaver from Lootship HC 25/10 man,.. or go with the staff Distant Land? I came up with this idea since I saw the ArPen on every axe.

And my latency is at mostly at 200 ms. Min. 100 ms, max 230.

I'm making sure not to clip ES, when I get Lock and Load I watch the debuff on the enemy and fire a new one when the first debuff is 50% done, cause then the new ES will be applied right when the first goes off.

I chose SV cause I only get about 240 ArPen from my gear, which is too low to go MM and gem fully ArPen. My plan is to play SV until I get 800 ArPen from gear and then change to MM and gem ArPen. I used to play MM before so it wont be a major change for me.

Oh yeah, before I forget, which addon would you recommend using to keep track of Serpent Sting, Aimed Shot debuff, BA and Explosive Shot debuff? I tried using Class Timer but that totally screwed up for me. Worked fine on my hunter, but restted it self to the middle of the screen on every character, even tho I disabled it.
    Last edited by xcitu; 2010-07-27 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xcitu View Post
    Oh yeah, before I forget, which addon would you recommend using to keep track of Serpent Sting, Aimed Shot debuff, BA and Explosive Shot debuff? I tried using Class Timer but that totally screwed up for me. Worked fine on my hunter, but restted it self to the middle of the screen on every character, even tho I disabled it.
    Power Auras.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?