Enraged fury spec

Rite, so me and a fellow warriorfriend of mine have been counting and testing out a different
    kind of fury spec, which works miracles.

The Enrage talent from fury is said to only proc from opponent swings or dedicated attacks, but
    it does in fact proc from a lot more. For example you are going to be enraged for almost the
    whole fight at marrowgar, the whole fight at deathwhisper, festergut, rotface, lana'thel, lich king
    and heroic 25 halion.

What your sacrificing with this spec is the 3 percent of hit one gains through the fury spec
    normally, but with atleast one Cryptmaker, you will gain the needed 8% with gems quite easy, if
    you have two Cryptmakers, needless to say you dont evan need to gem hit. Im getting shadowmourne
    in a while, and think its a small enough sacrifice to go 4/5 unbridled wrath and put one point
    in precision.

Honestly, the 10% physical enrage with the 30% icecrown buff is really godlike, but the spec is
    really quite rare, so I guess people havnt really thaught outside the box. So if your guild needs
    that little kick more to down some boss, please try the spec out and do come back to tell your tale.

My character with the current spec (two cryptmakers): http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...aver&n=Strafir
    My spec and itemization after I get new boots and shadowmourne: http://chardev.org/?profile=436692
    Last edited by Strafir; 2010-07-26 at 07:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im over 8% on my warriors gear so I just took the 3 points in precision and put it in that enrage.

I used to have an Enrage-specc in the beginning of WotLK, but they did change it from enviormental damage to being hit by someone (or something) directly.

I haven't seen anything about them changing it again. Do you have any logs or similar to back-up you theory? Cause it used to be really nice with the enraged damage boost. I'd really like to have it again

Yeah I thought nothing could proc it except being directly hit (aka pulling aggro), it was fun to use mocking blow on thrash tho. I'll give it a try on suggested fights tomorrow.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

they changed it for cata it will proc from any damage now

far as I can tell, unless some of these attacks are classified as direct damage by the game even though they are not, then it must be proc'ing for you for some other reason.

If you have a log or SS or something that shows it proc'ing off environment damage or boss AOE i'd be interested because who wouldn't want 10% damage right? I am rolling with double crypts as well so I'd be in the same boat as you almost hit-wise.

too bad it'd just be to show off. 30% buff made icc damage irrelevant which makes me sad

Im sorry to say that I havnt had the luck to record a perfect exampled
    log yet, but if you have enough interest, check this out:

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/log/1821333.

Death wish and Enrage does not stack, so you will use death wish on
    moments you know enrage cant proc, so you'll have the largest damage
    output. Many bosses seem to do aoe damage, but it is in fact dedicated
    damage to each person in the raid, which makes enrage proc from it.

Instances are going to/already have reset today, and I really urge you
    to test this out and see the result yourself. I have the addon "Power auras"
    to show me whenever the buff is up.

PS. the logs do not include lich king, where the debuff is probably up more
    times than it isnt, it for example procs from almost every "remorseless winter"
    tick, Infests etc etc.

If you wish to see how much damage/how long enrage is up with better rng than
    on that chart, there are logs to passed kills too.
    Last edited by Strafir; 2010-07-27 at 10:32 PM.

ˆ
    According to your logs :

- Procced 1 time on Marrowgar (but 34 sec uptime so I guess it procced 3 times actually)
    - 6 times on LDW : pretty nice, I guess Ice volleys do wonders here
    - No proc on Saurfang
    - No proc on Valithria
    - 1 proc on Sindragosa
    - 1 proc on Rotface
    - No proc on Festergut (dood you got owned bad by Pugent blight ! And gaz cloud doesnt seem to make it proc)
    - 2 procs on Putricide
    - 1 proc on Princes
    - No proc on BQL, so I guess nothing in this fight is a direct player-targeted ability.

Those 5 points dont seem to be invested very well, if you ask me... I'd rather go for Piercing Howl, Improved Shouts, Demo Shouts, or maybe even UW according to your logs. Sure, it's RNG but it doesnt seem to proc a lot anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    ˆ
    According to your logs :

- Procced 1 time on Marrowgar (but 34 sec uptime so I guess it procced 3 times actually)
    - 6 times on LDW : pretty nice, I guess Ice volleys do wonders here
    - No proc on Saurfang
    - No proc on Valithria
    - 1 proc on Sindragosa
    - 1 proc on Rotface
    - No proc on Festergut (dood you got owned bad by Pugent blight ! And gaz cloud doesnt seem to make it proc)
    - 2 procs on Putricide
    - 1 proc on Princes
    - No proc on BQL, so I guess nothing in this fight is a direct player-targeted ability.

Those 5 points dont seem to be invested very well, if you ask me... I'd rather go for Piercing Howl, Improved Shouts, Demo Shouts, or maybe even UW according to your logs. Sure, it's RNG but it doesnt seem to proc a lot anyway.
    Sure you CAN go for imp shouts, and sure you CAN go for piercing howl, and sure you
    CAN go for 3pts in precision because you can never really have enough hit, but in my
    situation where theres a tank with improved shouts and the current icc buff, I see
    a much greater gaining from a 10% physical damage buff that has an uptime of around
    25-30% depending on the fight. And like I mentioned in the first post, I would
    suggest this spec for people who need that extra kick to lets say, heroic Halions
    fire elementals.

The log is also far from perfection, but still added for some people to get the
    push in the right direction, no doubt those uptime percentages would be dashing
    if a guild was to kill a boss with decent people, that it wont take ridiculously
    long because of stupid deaths.
    Last edited by Strafir; 2010-07-28 at 02:12 PM.

Not worth it, the lack of procs is just horrible, Imp Cleave or Imp Execute would give more dps in the end. But I can see using this spec for certain fights like LK if you say it procs from Infest (which I doubt).
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    Strafir, i would be interested to check other logs you may provide us. Sure the uptime isnt that good, but it was interersting to see it "for real" anyway. And I do agree with you. In a situation where EVERYTHING a fury warrior can provide is already here, then, hell, why not ?
    /nod

I would love to see some logs of the uptime you suggest, i would never think to dream it would be that high.

Please, prove me wrong though, would love to see some variation.

Strafir, i would be interested to check other logs you may provide us. Sure the uptime isnt that good, but it was interersting to see it "for real" anyway. And I do agree with you. In a situation where EVERYTHING a fury warrior can provide is already here, then, hell, why not ?

Had a great icc raid today. We got all our shadowmourned bunched up and mages actually wanted
    to compete so bosses went down quite big. Waiting for logs.