Maximizing honor as a healer in BG's?

Im curious as how to get the most honor out of BG's and WG. I see others with say for example 6k, and I end up with 4k. Im resto so I obviously dont kill anyone. How are these players getting more honor than me, maybe flag caps or something of the sort? Pretty much my question is, how do I get the most honor out of a BG as a healer.

Its often because it'll be there first BG win of the day, they get a few more k honor just for winning

run around and find battles, get a heal on everyone there and you will get the HK. If you can throw something at the enemy, it always helps

It seems like healing in BGs got nerfed honor wise lately.. I can be top healer healing like a mofo and pushing my mana to its limits but i'm still 5-800 honor under avg dpsers. I actually do better honor wise just running around popping starfall on cooldown everytime whether or not i get a kb or just hit them.

It honestly felt prior to the new random bg i got more honor healing..

Maybe i'm just finally realizing the impact of the healing nerf as it relates to honor - especially since i did gear up my boomkin side and take a break from healing for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing offense usually helps a lot. Use Shift+M for permanent mini-map in the 10/15man BGs so you can see when groups of people on your team are headed to a certain area and you can meet them and heal them through the attack. Pretty much go where ever the action is.
    If you're solo queuing, never hurts to inspect your teammates before hand for anyone with above average gear you might be able to healbot a bit with some success, though you should still attempt to heal anyone on your team regardless of gear until they give you reason not to.
    Also remember playing to win will yield more honor in the long run than attempting to run around and gain max honor for yourself every game.
    100 Rogue | 100 Priest | 93 Monk | 91 Druid | 91 Shaman | 90 Warrior | 90 Mage | 90 Hunter | 90 DK | 87 Warlock | 86 Pally

Doesn't playing defense net you more honor? Also stick with the guy with Shadowmourne is what I do. :P

Quote Originally Posted by halpfultroll View Post
    Also stick with the guy with Shadowmourne is what I do. :P
    this

Stand near flags and objectives that give honor buffs. Like bases in EoTS and AB. The BS in AB is best IMO, centrally located with bonus honor for kills that happen at BS and anywhere nearby.

Deleted
    The best way to get honor is simple.

DON'T DIE.

Seriously, spend a whole match as a rogue stealthing around doing 0 damage but not dying and I guarantee you will be top of the honor list.

Yes, it's stupid, but that's how it works. As a healer, if your heal target is dying, or you see a gank squad coming, RUN THE HELL AWAY. Your own survival is the MOST important factor if you're grinding honor.

Try it out and you'll see that i'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by SNORLAXIO View Post
    The best way to get honor is simple.

DON'T DIE.

Seriously, spend a whole match as a rogue stealthing around doing 0 damage but not dying and I guarantee you will be top of the honor list.

Yes, it's stupid, but that's how it works. As a healer, if your heal target is dying, or you see a gank squad coming, RUN THE HELL AWAY. Your own survival is the MOST important factor if you're grinding honor.

Try it out and you'll see that i'm right.
    Not true at all.. unless you really like losing matches and spending 20+ minutes for 1.5k honor.