Thread: fury question

fury question

hey guys i just wanna know if rend+sunder armor good on fury warrior?

Yes, both are.

If you are the only warrior you should keep 5 sunder armor up, as soon as possible, on boss fights (obviously, it sucks on trashes). Sunder Armor doesnt do direct damage, so it's very easy to think that it is not worthy, but for every stack you apply on the boss, your further abilities will hit much, much harder, and eventually you will catch up with the damage you skipped while stacking up. This is even more crucial when you have a lot of physical DPS in your raid (25m obviously), because a lot of classes take a huge advantage of sunders.

If there's a warrior tank with you, dont bother sundering. If there's an Arm Warrrior with you, you should sunder and he shouldnt.

Regarding Rend, yes it's a upgrade. But since you're asking it shows that you have no idea about how to use rend to your advantage as a fury warrior, so i would just say : forget about it xD

if you have to ask, ignore rend - it will just gimp you.

sunder to 5 and refresh as needed when BT/WW are on CD. get a war to tank and then you can just faceroll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    Yes, both are.

If you are the only warrior you should keep 5 sunder armor up, as soon as possible, on boss fights (obviously, it sucks on trashes). Sunder Armor doesnt do direct damage, so it's very easy to think that it is not worthy, but for every stack you apply on the boss, your further abilities will hit much, much harder, and eventually you will catch up with the damage you skipped while stacking up. This is even more crucial when you have a lot of physical DPS in your raid (25m obviously), because a lot of classes take a huge advantage of sunders.

If there's a warrior tank with you, dont bother sundering. If there's an Arm Warrrior with you, you should sunder and he shouldnt.

Regarding Rend, yes it's a upgrade. But since you're asking it shows that you have no idea about how to use rend to your advantage as a fury warrior, so i would just say : forget about it xD
    Rend is never a dps increase for a fury warrior.. where did u get this from?

pretty sure for fights with minimal movement and an infinite rage situation, stance dancing correctly with low latency will net a up to a 300 dps increase? Have to use it correctly ofc, skipping out on BT/WW will make the effort all for nothing.

rend is not fun, don't do it imo

but also:
    But since you're asking it shows that you have no idea about how to use rend to your advantage as a fury warrior, so i would just say : forget about it xD

Rend IS a dps increase for a warrior in theory if you do it properly. Stance dance right after a BT when WW as well is on CD and you do not have much rage and ideally not a bloodsurge proc. In endgame levels when you bath in rage it doesnt happen often and some say that it doesnt worth the try for a theoritical very small dps increase, but thats what theory sais anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Rend is never a dps increase for a fury warrior.. where did u get this from?
    Of course it is, if you know what you are doing.

If you use rend so that when you've stance danced back into berserk and bt and ww is still on CD you've done it right And yeah, skip HS on that move so you don't get ragestarved and make sure you havn't got a slam procc. If specced and used from the begining when target havn't fallen below 75% Hp it's most definitely a dps increasement.
    Somewhere in the back of my head I think I've heard something about a rend like ability in cata which stacks when the target moves, up to 3 stacks.. In other words, play around with it now so you don't have to learn it from the begining in cata.
    Last edited by bûshnak; 2010-07-27 at 01:00 PM.