demon soul unbalanced

The new spell for warlocks Demon Soul seems a little unbalanced for destruction. Seems like its gimped for destro becuase it only gives you crit chance for 3 spells. Its not even 100 percent for all 3. I know you might say that its balanced for pvp but im pretty sure they said with cataclysm they weren't going to balance as much for pvp. The other specs of destro and demonology get a straight buff for 20 secs. But another issue that bothers me is that you will most likely be sitting casting a few seconds a fight or using one of your soul burn effects to get your pet back up. If you don't have to re summon your pet it would be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    The level cap in Beta is still 83, so it's not even up for testing. Expect a lot of changes once it becomes available.

15+ Year Old Account
    I ran some numbers of "If this was a lvl 80 spell in ICC Gear for someone doing 10,000 dps in a 5 minute fight" in another thread.
    Felhunter - 350DPS
    Felguard - 250DPS (more if you stack it with Meta)
    Imp - 200 DPS

It's lackluster, yes, but it is by no means underpowered. Recklessness for warriors is about the same strength.

R.I.P. YARG

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Might be me that read it wrong. But it says crit damage, not crit chance.
    To tired to do the math, but if that works out like the meta gem math, that could be a pretty big boost the damage of the next 3 crits.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer J. Simpson

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    I ran some numbers of "If this was a lvl 80 spell in ICC Gear for someone doing 10,000 dps in a 5 minute fight" in another thread.
    Felhunter - 350DPS
    Felguard - 250DPS (more if you stack it with Meta)
    Imp - 200 DPS

It's lackluster, yes, but it is by no means underpowered. Recklessness for warriors is about the same strength.
    Tbh, part of the reason I like my lock is that our dps is relatively stable. I really dislike the arcane style of play where they do insane dps when they pop everything, but lackluster when they have nothing up. Of course a disadvantage of not having significant cooldowns is being unbable to take advantage of fight mechanics. I think the imp's bonus would be one of the best too simply due to fight mechanics. I.e. icehowl in toc, the imp's bonus brings the most pain the fastest, which has to count for something.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    First off, demon soul does not make u kill your pet. Your pet stays alive u just fuse with it. It is not unbalanced tho, demo spec get the haste buff and damage but destro get haste in their talent tree with improved soulfire so to have more haste or more damage from soulburn would make destro overpowered. You have to look at the specs talent trees and compare to the soulburn capabilities for each spec.

For PVE then they may work out a similar dps boost, but the succubus effect does seem out of place.
    It is spec dependant and the only specs spamming shadowbolt regularly already have favoured alternatives to the succubus.

There is a misunderstanding here, demonsoul wont kill your pet...that was Demonic Sacrifice,i think it has been removed in tbc.
    It has to be said that this is pretty similar, leaving your pet in the field and putting a duration, not so much work for devs here.

As has been said before: Demon Soul does NOT kill your pet.

Quote Originally Posted by cryptt0 View Post
    The new spell for warlocks Demon Soul seems a little unbalanced for destruction.
    demon soul is meant for a demonology warlock, they didnt intend for it to be used largely for destro.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGuardian View Post
    demon soul is meant for a demonology warlock, they didnt intend for it to be used largely for destro.
    I'd respond that we're warlocks and as such have voided our souls long ago, thus demon soul isn't for any of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they did! Otherwise they would've placed it deep in the Demo tree, think Demonic Empowerment... It's just Blizz's way of giving all locks a CD, rather then just Meta for Demo.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

Quote Originally Posted by adynn View Post
    I'd respond that we're warlocks and as such have voided our souls long ago, thus demon soul isn't for any of us.
    Dude you is crazy bro. I got a soul, it's just dark and kinda smelly. Like mushrooms...that come from cow pies.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

The intention was to give all warlocks a cd similar to metamorph, and in the case of demonology, an additional cd.

Kind of sad how you make some shit up and then try to pass it off as fact. Demon Soul is a base ability available for all specs, and what all warlock specs will use their soul shards on in PvE.

That blizzard thought the word "demon soul" was a suitable name for something available to all warlock specs isn't all that strange, since all warlock specs use demonic pets.

So it would have had an effect which only suited demo, and would have worked only with the felguard.
    Rubbish, it is giving other specs a much needed on demand dps cooldown.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharte View Post
    Might be me that read it wrong. But it says crit damage, not crit chance.
    To tired to do the math, but if that works out like the meta gem math, that could be a pretty big boost the damage of the next 3 crits.
    This is it, damn, the first of those crits are gonna tear shit up *evil cackle*
    Moar burst for destro! Question is; Can you use one shard for this and then throw an instant pyr- I mean Soulfire?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoogle View Post
    This is it, damn, the first of those crits are gonna tear shit up *evil cackle*
    Moar burst for destro! Question is; Can you use one shard for this and then throw an instant pyr- I mean Soulfire?
    No word yet as to whether Demon Soul and Soul Burn share a cooldown as they're not up for testing atm afaik. But yes, Insta-Soul Fire, combined with Improved Soul Fire talent and Demon Soul would be pretty brutal burst; I suspect there will be a shared cooldown for this reason.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everything I read demon soul and soulburn will not share a cooldown. fights last too long in pve to burn ur shards. and in pvp fights don't last long enuf to have a shared cooldown. I kno being demo spec ill use demon soul then meta right after with potion of speed on meta.