Azuremyst and Eversong

So from what I know so far in the beta, there has been no changes to these zones at all in the Cataclysm Beta. This isn't good at all, as A) They will be the only Zones in-game that don't allow flying, B) Draenei already don't get a new class, so I expect to see Draenei of all sorts losing population in-game, although Blood Elves may not be affected as much, do the addition of warriors to their ranks.

So here are my main concern/questions to you :
    1. Has this been addressed yet? Has there been word from Blizzard that they WILL add a few new things to the zones, similar to the 1 or 2 extra quests added to the other vanilla starting zones?
    2. WHYDON'TIHAVEBETARAWR!!1
    3. If the zones are going to change, will flight be allowed?

If you know the answers then please post in this thread.

Thank you,
    Arlyist.
    Last edited by Arlyist; 2010-07-28 at 09:26 PM.
    ~Alexstrasza runs in, gets frozen for the ENTIRE battle then realizes she can breathe fire, jumps out, lets YOU kill him, then steals the spotlight with the whole BRAVE SOLDIERS THANK YOU FOR AIDING ME crap and goes on her merry way.
    Then again THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A EARTH ASPECT But then thrall GASP Takes Deathwings chin and becomes the new NELTHRALLION!

~Edit~ My past self must be some sort of a prophet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlyist View Post
    So from what I know so far in the beta, there has been no changes to these zones at all in the Cataclysm Beta. This isn't good at all, as A) They will be the only Zones in-game that don't allow flying, B) Draenei already don't get a new class, so I expect to see Draenei of all sorts losing population in-game, although Blood Elves may not be affected as much, do the addition of warriors to their ranks.

So here are my main concern/questions to you :
    1. Has this been addressed yet? Has there been word from Blizzard that they WILL add a few new things to the zones, similar to the 1 or 2 extra quests added to the other vanilla starting zones?
    2. WHYDON'TIHAVEBETARAWR!!1
    3. If the zones are going to change, will flight be allowed?

If you know the answers then please post in this thread.

Thank you,
    Arlyist.
    NONE of the Burning Crusade Zones or Wrath of the Lich King zones are being changed by any means.

From wowwiki

Eversong woods

Areas affected[1]:

* Fairbreeze Village – a flight master has been added here

* Falconwing Square – a flight master has been added here

Azuremyst isle

Areas affected[1]:

* Azure Watch – flight master added

* Valaar's Berth – boat now runs to Rut'theran Village rather than Auberdine

All we know

Flight is going to be made possible there, I don't know the post exactly but a blue stated this.
    But for the rest, the zones will probably remain the same, and will do so until
    WoW: Destruction - patch 8.0, the entire TBC and WOTLK will be remade ! They have been working on it since before 7.0!

There will be minor changes
    like the trainer Q's to learn ppl how to train.

From what I read in a blue post, they will not be added to the current landmasses which is just stupid. So even if you can fly there, it will still be instanced.

Deleted
    for 1000000th time i reply to such threads....this contend is from TBC, they will add flying to it, but wont add any changes. Stop asking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    NONE of the Burning Crusade Zones or Wrath of the Lich King zones are being changed by any means.
    False.

They have stated that they will be making changes around silvermoon only in relations to the Blood knight quests to reflect the retaking of the sunwell.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...temgale/simple
    "Your mother was a wrench and your father smelled of seaforium!" - Stormforged Taskmaster

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    for 1000000th time i reply to such threads....this content is from TBC, they will add flying to it, but wont add any changes. Stop asking for it.
    Well, please explain how, then. Silvermoon would be rather ugly if we'd be able to fly over it without them having made any changes at all. Thereby, you don't have to reply to such threads? It appears it's not clear for everyone yet, neither for me.

So, can anyone post a blue post confirming what will be happening to Silvermoon, if we'll be able to fly there anyway?

Well it would be a little strange if they just let two races start in BC and then just move over to Cata

lorefail

As I understand it, they will be changing the quests (eventually) to better reflect current times, but they won't be making the two flyable, or join them up to the mainland, or making major changes to the zones geography.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the zones were made to take into account that flying mounts would someday be able to fly there. Made in the same way as outland. Quests will be changed maybe a few new npc's but nothing major.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeonorion View Post
    I think the zones were made to take into account that flying mounts would someday be able to fly there. Made in the same way as outland. Quests will be changed maybe a few new npc's but nothing major.
    I doubt that. If you check mapwow.com, you can see that, in Silvermoon, there are several dark red areas, which don't look designed for flying to me. Also, the eastern border of Eversong/Ghostlands is not designed for flying.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they allow flying (in Eversong at least) they'll need to touch up Silvermoon and the surrounding areas in the hills.

I went there quite awhile ago to explore the city a bit via Farsight and all I saw was gaps everywhere, buildings not finished and lots of empty space.

Azuremyst might be fine minus a few hills and such since its an outdoor zone AND an island.

Exodar on the other hand might not even allow flying since its indoors and underground, but if they do they'll need to (kill all Draenei Shaman) fix up around the roofs and such.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

They will change some of the quests, but the terrain and such won't change.
    Except maybe like a new higher quality ground texture or so.

Eversong Woods has already had a significant terrain change. They copy/pasted the instance version of Zul'aman to the side of it. But that's all, it's just sitting beside the original zone. They haven't actually merged it on, fixed the seam, and integrated it into the zone.

Edit: I'll post a picture once my post count is high enough.
    Last edited by JTF195; 2010-07-30 at 03:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Philenia View Post
    There will be minor changes
    like the trainer Q's to Teach ppl how to train.
    Fix'ed

I'm sure Blizzard is aware of any black holes in and around Silvermoon/Exodar. They will do only small adjustments to make the area flying friendly, i guess. But the zone itself won't change at all. You see many zones have changes like: added a lake or new buildings/npc's etc.. That kind of change won't hit in Eversong and Azuremyst Isle.

I doubt we'll see any sort of flying compatability added. It'll be the same as it always has.