Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Could there be a Demon out there more powerful than Sargeras?

I wonder, with the Sargeras storyline, seems likely that there could be a race of demons creatures in the twisted nether even stronger than Sargeras himself.

But is that really possible? could we eventually come into conflict with a new more powerful race of demons, after we defeat Sargeras again in a later X-pac?

Sargeras is the most powerful being in the legion right? So could there be Demons outside the legion that are more powerful, or does the legion control all demons?
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Demons flock under that which is most powerful. Sargeras is the master of the burning legion, ergo, he's the strongest.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Demons flock under that which is most powerful. Sargeras is the master of the burning legion, ergo, he's the strongest.
    bet sargeras is just a face man, would be cool for wow 2.0

10+ Year Old Account
    He's the most powerful. But on the day we finally kill him and think we've ended every threat to us in the universe there will always just be something else that was worse that just hadn't found us yet. It's how all stories progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezeroth View Post
    bet sargeras is just a face man, would be cool for wow 2.0
    It would be bad storytelling to say "Hey, Sargeras was the biggest baddie... here's some new guys who're even more evil"

People may have low opinions of Blizzard's storyline at some points, but I'd trust they wouldn't do something THAT bad.

EDIT: I dunno Ara, I think that when we get to Sargeras, WoW would have ended, and we would have gone to their new MMO

Sargeras is a "god" for all purposes. He also dwarfs anything in size. He plays marbles with planets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    (Oh god I'm such a troll)

15+ Year Old Account
    wouldn't it be possible a super race of demons that consider Sargeras a joke or not worth joining the legion over? it wouldn't be such a giant step when you think about it
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have to agree with madgod, why would he be the leader if he wasn't the strongest.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW may end, but it seems a bit anti-climactic to end the entire Warcraft universe just because we beat up some demon for his phat lewts... even if we skipped out a few thousand years of lore, eventually something stronger would emerge... that's just my opinion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramore View Post
    WoW may end, but it seems a bit anti-climactic to end the entire Warcraft universe just because we beat up some demon for his phat lewts... even if we skipped out a few thousand years of lore, eventually something stronger would emerge... that's just my opinion anyway.
    I think that's the curse of all MMO's. The storyline gets thrashed once you reach the big baddie.

EDIT: That is to say, if we go ahead and beat Sargeras, and something stronger comes, It'd kinda suck, story-wise

The way I see these broad story arcs is. All the major story arcs inevitably lead back to certain points. One of which is old gods, the other of which is Sargeras. Once those two evils are thwarted, a new invention has to be made to create equally powerful evils.

Keep in mind that, while the Titans are the shapers of Azeroth - they are not the according to hoyle "gods" - there was a version of Azeroth that was untouched by Titans, a mirror of that is the emerald dream. So that in mind, there could be something that is out there that is equal in power to Titans, but perhaps serve some other type of purpose.

If Blizzard truly wanted to continue the saga of warcraft beyond Sargeras and the old gods(which I'm actually kinda skeptical of) - they really would need to crop up a new kind of evil that influences current "on the fence" evils and once again cause a chain reaction of bad guys.

In the current build for example:

Sargeras>Kil'jaeden and Archimonde>Illidan

That's just a basic example... could toss Gul'dan and others along there too. Point I'm making is - making TONS of bad guys is very easy once you have the source of corruption nailed down pretty tight.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW wont end with the killing of Sargeras. Its gonna be a final showdown between the old gods and the titans.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is to say, if we go ahead and beat Sargeras, and something stronger comes, It'd kinda suck, story-wise
    I agree it would be a bit of bad storytelling, but otherwise it would be so anti-climactic. It'd be as if the game said "Game Over" and then the lore stopped...

Sargeras is a titan. Titan's are (supposedly) the beings that both created and watch over all life and are very similar to what we think of gods. Think of Zeus, a very powerful greek god, what is more powerful than him? Perhaps Hades or Posiedon match his power, but they are all brothers, very similar to the pantheon titans.

It would be bad storytelling to say "Hey, Sargeras was the biggest baddie... here's some new guys who're even more evil"
    really? i see it all the time, especially in action animes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Keep in mind, Sargeras was converted by the Nathrezim.

I can see WoW ending in a God of War type fashion. Algalon was the first example of the Titans attempting to exterminate us.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    really? i see it all the time, especially in action animes.
    just because you see it doesn't mean it's good storytelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    The titans are shapers of worlds. They dont create planets, they just find planets in a wild state, if you wanna call that, and reshape it as they please, like they did with Azeroth.

the Titans created everything just like in greek mythology. The way the story would like go is by the time mortals are capable of destroying the titans they themselves will likely become the next "main evil". Some rogue badass mage with riciculous ability will break off from the rest of the mortals and seek ultimate domination of everything.