Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The almighty Bryrida, my succubus minion, can so take him on.

So to answer your question: The most powerful demon is Bryrida.
    "Being bad never felt so good!"

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    I feel the old gods are more rightous than the titans. They gave us life when the titans didnt even give us a free will. Old gods for intergalactic rulers! 2010!
    They gave us life so we could experience death

Quote Originally Posted by adynn View Post
    I have mixed opinions on this matter, on one hand, sargeras is pretty much *the* big baddie of the warcraft universe. This is partly because of mystery, as we've seen a couple of old gods now, so we know their tactics (i.e. deception and corruption more so than straight out war). However as more time passes, the likelihood of another villain popping up to rival/surpass sargeras has to increase. So from a purely logical point of view, I'd say there will be someone with more power than sargeras as long as time continues to flow.
    Sargeras is the most powerful "demon", if he can be considered as such. However I don't really think he is in charge of the Burning Legion at all. The real power behind the legion is the Dread Lords, or the Nathrezim. As you pointed out, we know how the Old Gods fight. They use mind control, deception, slow and deliberate corruption of their opponents. They do this out of the leisure and perspective afforded by immense power, size, and immortality.

The Nathrezim however are actually schemers. They are clever, determined, skilled, and still mostly unknown in power and influence. It is said that Sargeras recruited the Nathrezim as his lieutenants, but I suspect that the Nathrezim manipulated Sargeras into their front-man for their goals. They did the same thing with Arthas, and the Scarlet Crusade/Onslaught, and even the destruction of Draenor.

The Nathrezim corrupted Sargeras, leading him to create the Burning Legion. Their goal is to feed on and destroy life within the universe, life which is personified in the Old Gods. The battles of mortals are all minor conflicts between the weapons of the Nathrezim vs. the Old Gods, vampirism vs. life.

we will end up finding out that starcraft/warcraft is related and the draenei are related to the protoss... etc etc zulnaga etc
    Im a wawiur
    http://stompingnerds.blogspot.com/ ill blog about what you want
    wish my post count was as high as yours

Quote Originally Posted by Phage0070 View Post
    The Nathrezim corrupted Sargeras, leading him to create the Burning Legion. Their goal is to feed on and destroy life within the universe, life which is personified in the Old Gods. The battles of mortals are all minor conflicts between the weapons of the Nathrezim vs. the Old Gods, vampirism vs. life.
    I have to disagree with this part, not the corruption of Sargeras but the Burning Legion's goal. To me it seems that the Burning Legion just wants to get more powerful to take down the Titan's creations, not to destroy the Old Gods. I say this because before Sargeras unified the demons they were just attacking Titan worlds and destroying what the Titans had done. After Sargeras unified them, they go specifically for power to battle the Titans, which have been hunting all demons in the universe for all eternity. The only reason the Legion came to Azeroth was for the power in the Well of Eternity and for the Demon Soul (both just so happen to be from Old God manipulation). The fight seems to be Titans vs. Burning Legion and in a separate fight Titans vs. Old Gods. We have no evidence in the Burning Legion wanting to destroy the Old Gods.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramore View Post
    WoW may end, but it seems a bit anti-climactic to end the entire Warcraft universe just because we beat up some demon for his phat lewts... even if we skipped out a few thousand years of lore, eventually something stronger would emerge... that's just my opinion anyway.
    No doubt. Space WoW FTW.

I call dibs on Worgen Fighter Pilot.

If voidwalkers are technically demons and very powerful voidwalkers are a naaru in their "shadow form" could one of the various naaru across the universe be stronger?
    Wow News And Guides
    http://www.excandersham.blogspot.com

Wow videos http://www.youtube.com/excandersham

Praise the new Activision-Blizzard overlords.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excandersham View Post
    If voidwalkers are technically demons and very powerful voidwalkers are a naaru in their "shadow form" could one of the various naaru across the universe be stronger?
    No.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always pictured Sargeras as the most powerfull thing in the warcraft universe

Quote Originally Posted by Mutilator12 View Post
    I always pictured Sargeras as the most powerfull thing in the warcraft universe
    In the known universe maybe.

I always thought humans were the smartest beings, but if we discovered another race that we hadn't known about that was smarter than us, I wouldn't be surprized. A "Universe" is infinitely big, which means there should technically be near infinite things more powerful than whatever the previous most powerful thing was.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Traejun View Post
    No.
    Do not let the light forsake you
    Wow News And Guides
    http://www.excandersham.blogspot.com

Wow videos http://www.youtube.com/excandersham

Praise the new Activision-Blizzard overlords.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry View Post
    In the known universe maybe.

I always thought humans were the smartest beings, but if we discovered another race that we hadn't known about that was smarter than us, I wouldn't be surprized. A "Universe" is infinitely big, which means there should technically be near infinite things more powerful than whatever the previous most powerful thing was.
    Infinite universe ftw

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry View Post
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.
    They should keep the name of that talent <3

Quote Originally Posted by Aramore View Post
    He's the most powerful. But on the day we finally kill him and think we've ended every threat to us in the universe there will always just be something else that was worse that just hadn't found us yet. It's how all stories progress.
    It's called the DBZ syndrome. WoW's not quite there yet but I'm sure it will be soon.

Deleted
    We kill Sargeras, Velen enter's the room to say good bye to a dear old friend. Velen get's corrupted after 25 thousand years and we have a new superbad

---------- Post added 2010-07-29 at 07:46 PM ----------

woop's im thinking of kil'jaeden not sargeras XD

If I were you, I'd be worrying about the Old Gods.
    God; I hate you people.

It would be so easy for them to retcon the "Gorshalach only reforming for a good guy" thing.

Sargeras is ultimate bad guy in WoW lore but knowing Blizzard they will prob make raid in Maelstrom/Naga Expansion with Avatar of Sargeras and make Kil'Jaeden as ultimate boss on Argus for final expansion (we defeat burning legion on their turf = game over , new Blizzard mmo comes out )
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Deleted
    Maybe we can recover DNA from brox and a fragment of his Axe, then we can make 6 Brox's

Two for the legs
    Two for the Arms
    One for the head
    One for the body

You have beaten the game!

My net crapped out yesterday and I never got a chance to reply but...

I think your reading into it a bit much. Plus, in the case of the titans, it would be the battle of right and wrong.
    I think in their willingness to re-originate Azeroth the Titans have relinquished any claim they may have had to righteousness. I see the Titans rather an emotionless force for Order, by certainly not right.

The reason the titans couldn't kill the old gods was because they were underneath the ground so far that if they were killed, that section of the planet would crumble. While a nice try, i think your being a bit too deep. Its all here:http://www.wowwiki.com/Subterranean_being_matrix
    Perhaps I'm misreading your intention, but I kind of get the impression that you think the Subterranean Being Matrix is somehow an underground construct that the Old Gods may have infected or attached themselves to. I see it rather as the blueprints or plans that were used in the construction of "Subterranean Beings" I.e. Earthen. Hence "Subterranean Being Matrix". The only reference we I am aware of for the exact possible cause of the inability of the Titans to defeat the Old Gods is "killing of the host" comment in the Tribunal of Ages, which while your idea fits with that is much more specific than anything that has been stated in Lore. (and LOL at "being to deep" being followed by a link containing the word "Subterranean" but I digress)

Regardless of the specific mechanism that caused the Titans' to be unable to defeat the Old Gods the result was the same, a maintaining of the balance. Whether that is a result of a Lore based force/entity keeping it as such or just the fact that the Blizzard Lore writers need to do so keep the conflict and drama (aka Lore) going is another issue. I would have to go with the later as there is nothing in Lore to suggest for former. If the former was inferred from my comments then yes it would be correct to believe I was reading to deep into it. That said, I keep seeing this preservation of the balance, for whatever reason.

And lay off of Dark Side, he's only stating his opinion just as I am doing so. It's all just lollore and a bit fun at the end of the day anyway. Some interesting ideas being posted in this thread which I have enjoyed reading.

To get back a little more on topic. The good thing about the Titans/Sargeras is that they have remained very much a mystery. There is so much we don't know about them and there is plenty of room left above and behind them. Thanks to the lore in Ulduar we have gotten a lot closer to them and if we ever get close enough to answer most of our questions we will probably need some more antagonists. The Nathrezim could be a good source but there are plenty of others.

and because this post has gotten way to serious....
    Look at this Dog