Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

why every guild does need and a****le player

like title says, i have this guy in my guild that i cannot stand anymore.

he keeps to be a douche to every other player, because he is the "fu**ing best player in tha world". last episode was yesterday evenining, at saurfang HM. his main is a feral druid, i am a mut rogue. being short of ranged, GM told me to help doing his beast (like every time WTF, but nvm). start fight, boss down.

asked for a recount, obviously i wasn't even in top 10 (need to even move for tricks on the GM, cause otherwise i would have aggroed) due to switching and movement (snare sucks). at this point the druid says: "lol you really suck. with my rogue doing the beasts i topped damage meters".

i politely logged off. ah, he is a very skilled player for sure, nothing against it (also an officer and with thousands of dkp due to his attendance near 100%). but i can't stand a******s.

what to do? talk with GM? stab him in the face?
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignore him... It's all empty words and if that's what he needs to strengthen his ego, let him... You should be above him, as swearing, cursing and attacking other people, just proves that he's uncertain of himself or maybe just a d*ckwat...
    Sometimes I will log out in Roleplaying gear, so if my stats in the image below, seem ridicoulously low, then that's probably the reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    this banhammers gonna hit harder than puberty will hit justin bieber

change guild
    Next

Remind him that acting for the greater good of the raid is better than trying to be a douche who wants to flex their epeen by tunnelling the boss.

Deleted
    Nothing, just ignore him. If you can, pwn him few times on duels, that will make him lay of you for a while. I had same thing, guy just ended up gkicked several times for being an ass... and yes, he also was one of the best DPS'ers we had.

What ever you do, do not reply to anything he says, ever. You can even stick him to the ignore list, if it will get out of hand. Also, you might speak to GM or officer, but don't do it unless you are in really good terms with him/her or you are sure that their judgment won't be adjective.

Anyway, this kind of people get them self kicked at some point, when they just go too far.

Pick B. Those people should die. I quit playing for 8 months and came back about 2 months ago. About 3-4 days back the guy in my guild like that started sh$t talking about my GS. The stupid GS addon came out AFTER i quit and i was just getting back into the swing of things. My GS at the time was around 4400.

Deleted
    Well i am main asshole in my guild but its cuz i have higher rank and more skillz. There is no skill in PVE so just dont mind him cuz you know hes just some random PVEr who thinks he can play

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure you're allowed to say fuck here. Let alone asshole.

If you're guild won't remove him then change guild.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by The10thacc View Post
    change guild
    Next
    /agree

Deleted
    Talk with your GM, it may be that more people feel like you do. One of the most destructive things for guilds is when mini-clans start forming and fighting between each other.

i would try to tunne saurfang too...lol don't give a fuck about being #1 on recount but at least i could show him that my dps is not so bad.

also, in every ICC HM boss there is no rogues in top 10 dps lol (strange i thought we were in a better shape but nvm)
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

btw, make him prove the part with his rogue >
    if he cant you have proof his a douchebag! :P

Deleted
    I'd just ignore him if I were you.
    He isn't worth the comments, besides he's probably just trying to see how far he can go with you and have a laugh if you respond to him.

I must say tho that in my guild we don't have any douches... maybe that's the reason why I'm not in a hardcore raiding guild tho. Stil working on LK 10 man normal with my guild. I don't mind that progression for us isn't going as quick as others but we have a lot of fun when doing a guild run.

Well i am main asshole in my guild but its cuz i have higher rank and more skillz. There is no skill in PVE so just dont mind him cuz you know hes just some random PVEr who thinks he can play
    That's deep, what you're saying

Oh wait.

So what your saying there is there is one person you don't like in the guild that is better than you, you could at least try to talk to him and see if you can get him to understand that he can be an asshole.

Maybe you should stop being shithouse and good players will stop picking on you.

learn how to DPS, and not cry about everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    like title says, i have this guy in my guild that i cannot stand anymore.

he keeps to be a douche to every other player, because he is the "fu**ing best player in tha world". last episode was yesterday evenining, at saurfang HM. his main is a feral druid, i am a mut rogue. being short of ranged, GM told me to help doing his beast (like every time WTF, but nvm). start fight, boss down.

asked for a recount, obviously i wasn't even in top 10 (need to even move for tricks on the GM, cause otherwise i would have aggroed) due to switching and movement (snare sucks). at this point the druid says: "lol you really suck. with my rogue doing the beasts i topped damage meters".

i politely logged off. ah, he is a very skilled player for sure, nothing against it (also an officer and with thousands of dkp due to his attendance near 100%). but i can't stand a******s.

what to do? talk with GM? stab him in the face?
    What I've learnt is people like that, are actually very insecure about their position and performance within guilds raids etc. And the only way they deal with that is by being horrible and making those around them feel lesser, to sort of secure his place above you. It's like his insurance or comfirmation.

In a way he's sat at his computer thinking "I'm better than him... yeah.. I am aren't I? Yes I'm sure I am." He's questioning himself but he won't ever let that on to you. It's almost like he's worried. He's hit the top of damage metres now and he wants to stay there.

Also the fact that he is open with this means that he would be willing to talk about it. If you confronted him about his behaviour he would probably lash back at you. Under careful procedure and intimitation through questioning he would probably let up about him being worried about his character's performance.

Best to avoid this one. Some retards cannot be helped.

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew a guy like that, just ignore him. Not literally put him on your ignore list. He's just a douche.

Quote Originally Posted by Blomgren View Post
    Maybe you should stop being shithouse and good players will stop picking on you.
    Apparently it's never the OP's fault and mentioning l2p is taboo to some of these people.