Is Blitz and Blood/Thunder good 4 prot?

I've been going to the Talent Calculator a lot lately and I've been wondering which is better should I put points into Blood and thunder which will affect every target with rend when you tc or blitz when you charge you get 10 rage and you stun 2 targets...... if i remember correctly rend didn't create a lot of threat in lk maybe its changed?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say a constant rend up is a lot more worthwhile than a extra stun at the beginning of a battle.

They're both nice talents, just depends on what you're doing I would say.

Need more aoe threat? Grab a rend splash. Wanna take less damage from aoe mobs? Stun them longer.

They are both talents that semi-relate to the same thing, but I wouldn't compare them both on a threat/AOE stance. If you are talking for AOE/threat (other than initial) then Blood & Thunder should destroy Blitz; however, if you want the extra rage and stuns on close-by mobs then Blitz is what you should take. Personally, unless they make rend 100% useless (which seems unlikely as they are pushing it as our way to bleed mainly) I will definitely be grabbing B&T in my builds. The initial application of Rend costs a GCD probably 3-9 sec tops into a fight (0-3sec for AOE I would imagine) and then it stays up indefinitely as long as you T.clap within its duration, that should offset an initial skip on Devastate (or other ability) in the long run even on single target.

Blitz really only gives an initial rage boost, the extra stun on close-by mobs isn't the reason that I charge them (other than to interrupt a caster I suppose), I do it to close gaps/generate rage. So I wouldn't look at Blitz as a "take less damage" talent, just a "get more rage" similar to the current Imp.Charge.

If you are weighing B&T vs Blitz, I would take B&T every time. (Haven't played Beta, but going from the abilities stated uses/effects, so take it for what you will)
    Last edited by goomba; 2010-09-10 at 11:51 PM. Reason: clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by goomba
    *Hopefully is a trademark of goomba, it implies nothing, it promises nothing, but it is a glimmer of hope that the designers aren't completely moronic.

They're making it so rend can crit. B&T is going to SLAUGHTER blitz when it comes to threat. Plus, since you'll be thunderclapping on cd to buff those shockwaves, rend will have a 100% uptime. Just target swap every other rend so it doesn't fall off of your main target.
    Last edited by Kimirik; 2010-09-11 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimirik View Post
    Just target swap every other rend so it doesn't fall off of your main target.
    Whether it's the case now, or not, they've explicitly said that they want you to Rend once, and refresh it through Blood & Thunder - Thunder Clap. It may not be functioning correctly on the beta, but you shouldn't have to reapply it, unless all your original mobs died and new ones came in.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Whether it's the case now, or not, they've explicitly said that they want you to Rend once, and refresh it through Blood & Thunder - Thunder Clap. It may not be functioning correctly on the beta, but you shouldn't have to reapply it, unless all your original mobs died and new ones came in.
    I'm going to have so much fun playing a keep-one-rend-up-for-the-whole-dungeon minigame. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    I'm going to have so much fun playing a keep-one-rend-up-for-the-whole-dungeon minigame. :-)
    I think i'm just gonna play fuck-that-shit-lets-aoe-four-packs-in-a-row and i'll win !

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what they said, but last time I was on beta, it just spread the rend; It did not refresh rend on your main target. Of course, it has been a few weeks since I've played the beta.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimirik View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what they said, but last time I was on beta, it just spread the rend; It did not refresh rend on your main target. Of course, it has been a few weeks since I've played the beta.
    So it works just like pestilence for DK's on live. Refreshes duration on non-main target. Glyph for refreshing on main target? I'd hope not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I plan to get both, being able to pin 3 mobs down, gives you time to rend and tclap and get threat on all of em fast

Course i always spec to be versatile, so i can tank 5mans or 10mans and still pvp a bit, when I'm prot
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    A warrior is kinda like a blender.* You can shatter it from a long way off with a gun, or you could even pull the plug so it can't move, but if you stick your face into it when it's moving you're going to lose.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Blood & Thunder isn't "good 4 prot" I will enter a blind rage buy a plane ticket to the US and "go postal" in Blizz HQ since if you read any of my posts about it you know if B&T were a physical entity I would dry hump it until my *ROOSTER fell off.

As for Blitz it'll probably be good for PvP and 5 mans but I think its uses would be limited in raids. (unless they changed it I'll go look)
    85/85/85/81/53/40/20/85/85/72