Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    log on to wow, wait for the first gold seller spam or "special offer", and go to their site and enter your account details...

Deleted
    Do something legendary, fraps it, and get banned.!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    What do you think is valuable in your 5 years worth of logs? Will Facebook pay top dollar to know what epics you PUG'ed? Or will what you've bought and sold at the AH be more valuable to them?
    Adresse informations, email adress, your isp and credit card provider, online times, just the basics. So, no, "Facebook will not pay top dollar to know what epcis you PUG'ed", though about your AH trades I am not so sure. If you spend huge amount of gold there, they would like to know this to send you more adds about cheap gold, and some cool game with an amazing item store ;-)
    And if you never spend much Gold in the AH, they should send you the special starting offers with fresh gold from china.

As well your private chat could be used to personalize the adds for you even better, etc… or not, who knows?

15+ Year Old Account
    Or just take a hammer to your computer so you cant play.

Quote Originally Posted by Flabb View Post
    I honestly couldn't have it put any better than this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the only way to pemanently delete a WoW account is to commit suicide; you would just reactivate it otherwise.

OT: If you really are trying to quick cold-turkey, then good luck; you will need it.

Hello mod, I know this is a bit of a Necro, but it is only a few weeks old and its on topic.

I am going to tell you all how to REALLY permanently delete your information from Blizzard's databases. It seems that it is just about as difficult, if not more so, to delete your info from WoW as it is a social site like facebook.

Nevertheless here is what you do:

You must email Blizzard using this email "privacy[AT]blizzard[DOT]com"

You have to have a valid privacy concern, which is easy since WoW is merging with facebook and there have also been a ton of hacked accounts more and more.

I sent my own email in telling them I want all of my information deleted from their records, and that I no longer agree with the TOS or EULA. I do not feel secure with them having my information and would like them to remove it.

About a week later, cause it takes a little while for them to process this request, you will get an email back from them. It will tell you that they will honor your request and it will take approximately 14 days for them to remove your information from their records. They also will tell you in that email that once deleted there is absolutely NO WAY they can recover that information, so it is indeed permanent. Aparently most people at Blizzard don't even know you can do this as some blue posters are even oblivious to this option.

After 14 days or less have passed your licenses will ALL be deleted under the email used for your battle.net you 'also sent the request from.'

So, you can call me legendary if you want...but ladies this is how you can REALLY get your account deleted.

Your Welcome Addicts.

There is actually a way you can permanently delete your account, but it requires an act of terrorism. Look, if one person martyrs themselves to stop Blizzard's game. They will instantly become my Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ijanaak View Post
    There is actually a way you can permanently delete your account, but it requires an act of terrorism. Look, if one person martyrs themselves to stop Blizzard's game. They will instantly become my Jesus.
    ... I'm not sure what to say about this, but it was wrong on a lot of levels.

3DS FC: 1821-9540-3146
    Electric Safari: Manectric, Pikachu and Emolga. Looking for other friend codes for safari.
    Pre-Ordered Alpha Sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by moguri View Post
    I dont want to just cancel the subscription, I just want it permanently deleted from their databases. I think someone called it "purging" it. How is this done?
    You cannot get yourself permanently deleted from Blizzard's Databases as you have put it, mainly for Tax and Billing reasons. Any financial transaction (especialy ones done via Bank transfers) stay on record for several years. With the same data remains filed your submited personal account information.

Best way to keep yourself "low profile" is paying your subscription fee's via Prepaid Cards. But even then your account information remains stored.

If you simply refer to the total deletion of you account, as deletion of email adress/username/password, that can be done via a mail form with ID copies attached, that corespond to your submited account information. Its a slow and complicated process and i dont know why would you want to submit yourself to it.

Tho this question should be either posted on Blizzard's own Account and Billing forums, or you should simply ask Blizzard by filling out a mail form. This is not actualy handled by the same people who manage the game, but a different legal/financial division of Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    You cannot get yourself permanently deleted from Blizzard's Databases as you have put it, mainly for Tax and Billing reasons. Any financial transaction (especialy ones done via Bank transfers) stay on record for several years. With the same data remains filed your submited personal account information.

Best way to keep yourself "low profile" is paying your subscription fee's via Prepaid Cards. But even then your account information remains stored.

If you simply refer to the total deletion of you account, as deletion of email adress/username/password, that can be done via a mail form with ID copies attached, that corespond to your submited account information. Its a slow and complicated process and i dont know why would you want to submit yourself to it.

Tho this question should be either posted on Blizzard's own Account and Billing forums, or you should simply ask Blizzard by filling out a mail form. This is not actualy handled by the same people who manage the game, but a different legal/financial division of Blizzard.

I don't know where you get your information but that is all entirely wrong! You can change your address, email and even phone number through your battle.net address to any junk you want actually.

See post #50 above, unless you all are too lazy to read. This WILL tell you how to delete your account. Don't believe me? Then try this with a battle.net account and its associated email, preferably one you wouldn't mind getting deleted that has a blizz game on it you no longer play.

Wait a week or so, you will get a response..and as I said it takes them up to 14 days to PERMANENTLY delete your account. I have done the impossible aparently.

*glows radiantly with powerful light*

Quote Originally Posted by aristocle View Post
    I don't know where you get your information but that is all entirely wrong! You can change your address, email and even phone number through your battle.net address to any junk you want actually.

See post #50 above, unless you all are too lazy to read. This WILL tell you how to delete your account. Don't believe me? Then try this with a battle.net account and its associated email, preferably one you wouldn't mind getting deleted that has a blizz game on it you no longer play.

Wait a week or so, you will get a response..and as I said it takes them up to 14 days to PERMANENTLY delete your account. I have done the impossible aparently.

Permanently deleting the account does not mean the financial records are gone. They won't be. A company does not get to simply forget what it has done in terms of money. The account is gone. The records of the transactions are not. The account is gone in the terms the OP probably wanted (no way to go back) but the fact that the account once existed certainly isn't destroyed, which is the point I believe Mihalik was trying to make.

It's a subtle distinction I suppose, but you should probably look for those before coming out so harsh.

If you want to trace, track anything on the internet in our day and age, the only thing you ever need to do is simply follow the money. If the original concern is to keep yourself out of Big Corporate records, you simply cannot. Everything you purchase and pay for goes on record. Togheter with whatever information you have ever submited.

Despite of what or what not Blizz tells you regarding your account details, they cannot, will not delete financial information, because doing so is ILLEGAL, in every nation of the world that collects taxes.

Also you cannot rescind submited information. If at the time (a year ago) you agreed to the EULA any information stored at that time remains on record. With account deletion you only rescind the permit for collection of further information or association of new information to your old.

*Edit*

Aditionly all public (and not so public, such as closed forums, payments, forms, age confirmation done via credit card information) information on the internet is periodicaly cached and stored. This has been going on almost since the creation of the www. Data mining experts will still be able to track your records. Its a matter of knowing how to.

Atempts have been made internationaly to regulate how long can a company store personal iformation (even after being marked for deletion), but this greatly varies from country to country (generaly depends on the respective countries legistlation, wich demands the preservation and storage of financial information for taxation and review).

You first and foremost need to understand that any and all information submited to your account at any point remains stored for the above mentioned reasons. (The account is used to justify payments and income.)

A pretty common international regulation form used by corporations or public institutions regarding data storage and management is the http://www.moreq2.eu/ . As above said MoReq is actualy only a form and all specific details regarding time tables vary on the country to country legistlative basis.

Any information stored within Corporate records its up to review by the informations Administrator (Blizzard), untill the need to store information expires.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2010-08-28 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    Permanently deleting the account does not mean the financial records are gone. They won't be. A company does not get to simply forget what it has done in terms of money. The account is gone. The records of the transactions are not. The account is gone in the terms the OP probably wanted (no way to go back) but the fact that the account once existed certainly isn't destroyed, which is the point I believe Mihalik was trying to make.

It's a subtle distinction I suppose, but you should probably look for those before coming out so harsh.
    I apologize for that as I am used to many very intense forums. Yes this I understand, but the point really is that if a person wants to get their account with all licenses and toons deleted they could use that method. It is the only real way to go. Of course yes a person can track down forums posts, and mine all day long with whatever they can get on you. But I am not really worried about that anyway. And of course they will have to keep info on their records somehow for tax purposes I suppose, but that also doesn't bother me, unless someone hacks their financial info...but then Blizzard will have a major bug up its butt if that occurs anway.

Get banned by using hacks?

I apologize for that as I am used to many very intense forums. Yes this I understand, but the point really is that if a person wants to get their account with all licenses and toons deleted they could use that method. It is the only real way to go. Of course yes a person can track down forums posts, and mine all day long with whatever they can get on you. But I am not really worried about that anyway. And of course they will have to keep info on their records somehow for tax purposes I suppose, but that also doesn't bother me, unless someone hacks their financial info...but then Blizzard will have a major bug up its butt if that occurs anway.
    True....but wierder things have happened. (Hacking Yahoo/Google)

Also the billing department of the company that runs Warhammer Online charging dry every single bank account to wich the had access too, thanks to a bug :P