Unholy vs. Frost

Hey lately I've been playing frost just for the fun of it and I have noticed a big gap from when I switch between frost and Unholy.
    I was able to pull 11k on DBS as Unholy, while only just pulling 10k as frost.
    I have set up Power auras to help me with my rotation but even that leaves me lacking. My toon's information is in my sig if you need it. I use Reg Ramal's for unholy also. Can anyone see what I am doing wrong I have been sticking to what Elitist jerks tells me but it doesnt seem to help.
    Quote from: Moshy on February 22, 2010, 05:36:54 am
    Dear Blizzard
    Nerf paper, It covers me all the time and I cant do anything about it
    Scissors are fine, They just need to learn to play
    Signed Rock.

You should change ur mets. and your expertise is extremly low. thats why your dps is lower as frost then unholy

I know you're referring to the OP and not my gear/character, but as an example regarding expertise, if I run kahories on my dw frost dk dps character, even before the cap, expertise has a lower EP value than Str or Arp.

For me it is (when under the cap) Arp (2.97), Str (2.75), Expertise (2.47).

I am sitting at 20 expertise rating btw (yes I would like more).

Low expertise isn't automatically a dps loss is my point. It's a "depends" situation. Now if you could have expertise but instead got something with a lower value, then sure you are losing out.

So be on the lookout for expertise upgrades, but pay attention to what it is costing you to get that expertise.

Everything is a trade off.

If you want to know as close as you can to the truth of the matter, sim it out and see what's what.
    Last edited by Caean; 2010-07-30 at 10:58 PM.

if u were expertise capped your dps would be higher. It's as simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It also helps that Saurfang favors damage dealers with a "stronger" AoE. I'll assume you're competent at the class enough to spread your diseases when the beasts come out. This is a noticeable dps boost as opposed to any kind of AoE that frost can dish out.

Also Wobb is correct, Expertise capped = more dps.

Our frost DK is always ahead of me on single target fights by around 500 dps except for saurfang where I do close to 1000 more then him as unholy.
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2010-07-31 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Spelling

Then your frost dk is doing something wrong. On saurfang 25 HM the only dps that is above me is our rogue and our feral druid. The unholy Dk's are a good 1k behind me on saurfang. And also frost can pump out HB on the beasts. They die fast enough that unholy diseases are only ticking a couple times, KM with HB will do as much or more.

that was my point, that unholy isnt stronger then frost on saurfang because of that.

They take such little damage and die so hilariously fast that the ONLY viable reason to pest the adds is for ebon plague, not your own damage.

A lot of it comes down to weapon dmg for frost, and you'r not running with the best one handers out there, but will try to refrain commenting on your gear as this isn't necessarily about that, your gear isn't optimal but it's passable.

Frost comes down to reaction timing, priority based decisions and knowing when and how to hit and do what, I had a similar problem when I first went frost, couldn't compare it to the ridiculous numbers I was pulling as unholy, but now, I outdps our UH dk on Every fight, by a lot, and am rarely outdpsed by anyone else on a Patch style fight.

Stick with frost, for single target it has thus far proven to me to be superior to the other specs.